Q about logging right into guild halls

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PsychoHD.1695

PsychoHD.1695

Hey!
First of all I can’t post without thanking you for the incredible patch on Tuesday, so… yeah

Now, onto my question: why was the decision made to prevent players logging right into a guild hall if they logged out there? I’m curious as to whether or not this was a technical decision influenced by server space or something similar, because I personally believe it’s detrimental to our appreciation of a community’s pseudo-hub

Thank you for any insight!

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Would be very nice if we could log right into the guild hall. There’s times I want to start off in the guild hall for various reasons.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

No idea and chances of getting a dev responce are close to zero. Same thing happens with WvW but not sPvP so probably a call made by the company for its own reasons.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I suspect the guild halls are temporary instances so you can’t log out and expect that same instance to still be there later. Not really that hard to press g and go to guild hall using the button.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’re literal places on the map and you can waypoint into them like any other zone, so there’s not any real reason you can’t stay there.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Obviously there is, otherwise you’d be able to.
I’m thinking they are an instance as when we do guild missions, the map always closes and spawns a new one and we move into that.
If they are spun up on demand then you wouldn’t want to keep those open for everyone for all the time. Imagine it’s the same for your home instance, if you log off in it, you’ll log back in outside of it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

This would be nice.

the halls are (Afaik) treated like instances, rather than map zones. as such your GH doesnt technically exist in game world unless someone is in there.

It would add a little overhead for logging back in.
However it’s possibly something to do with the game remembering your characters position in the hall that is the issue.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Obviously there is, otherwise you’d be able to.
I’m thinking they are an instance as when we do guild missions, the map always closes and spawns a new one and we move into that.
If they are spun up on demand then you wouldn’t want to keep those open for everyone for all the time. Imagine it’s the same for your home instance, if you log off in it, you’ll log back in outside of it.

They are spun up on demand and destroyed as soon as it becomes empty. Being able to log in wouldn’t change anything. GW2 creates and destroys instances all the time.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’ve thought the same about home instances too. It’s my “home”, but I can’t park a toon there.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They’re literal places on the map and you can waypoint into them like any other zone, so there’s not any real reason you can’t stay there.

Raid and home instance areas, as well as Hall of Monuments, while visible on map, are not open world areas but instances. Guild hall is the same.
If it was different, you’d end up seeing members of other guilds on the same map.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November