QoL: PLEASE add TP to Guild Hall!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I understand ANET doesn’t want to divide the playerbase, but please consider adding a TP to the guild hall.

Scribing is a Guild Hall-only crafting profession. Unfortunately, this leads to a LOT of frustration and loading screens as I must continuously warp in and out of my guild hall.

Adding a TP would fix some of that frustration!

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Trading_Post_Express_Contract – 500g.
It’s a steal – just buy your own personal one from the trading post.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: ShadeWyrm.4152

ShadeWyrm.4152

My guild mates would contribute exorbitant amounts of materials to have a TP and a Mystic Forge in our guild hall.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Won’t happen. They couldn’t sell express items and VIP passes.

I’m surprised WvW even has everything you could need, and it’s just 2 clicks away, and you can go back to where you were. But you do have a point about needing scribe materials. Kind of annoyed there isn’t a scribe station in VIP areas, they could still require a dialogue to require guild hall.

But I’m glad scribe station still works as a bank.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

TP and BANK would work wonder in there. The running/porting back and forth is a bit of a pain.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Amkhaibitu.9345

Amkhaibitu.9345

Just TP, you can access the bank through the scribing station.

Posted by: Karmakiller.4670

Karmakiller.4670

I don’t think they should at TP to Guild halls.

Yes you can use a consumable to access the TP but most people go to the major cities when they want to buy/sell stuff.

You need to keep high popluations in LA etc otherwise the game world would feel empty. Sorta standard MMO practice.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I think that it would be perfectly consistent to add a TP in the guild halls.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I don’t think they should at TP to Guild halls.

Yes you can use a consumable to access the TP but most people go to the major cities when they want to buy/sell stuff.

You need to keep high popluations in LA etc otherwise the game world would feel empty. Sorta standard MMO practice.

This right here. The more they add to the halls, the less people will need to be in the big cities. That won’t happen.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unfortunately yeah, ANet have stated that they don’t want GH’s to replace cities (which is why you won’t see other crafting stations get added to the Halls), and putting in a BLTP would be a huge blow against that.

That said, I do think it would be very nice if there was a high level Marketplace/Hall upgrade that adds one in. “Evon Gnashblade is so impressed with the size and scale of your guild that he’s willing to post a permanent representative here!”

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

While they didn’t specifically name Trading Posts, they stated their philosophy here where they said they want to make sure that Guild Halls don’t have so many upgrades that cities are irrelevant. With this in mind, I don’t see much chance that Trading Posts will ever be added.

Rethinking Guilds
(snip) Other upgrades ran counter to goals that we had in designing guild halls. One example is the remote crafting station consumables; we wanted to ensure that guild halls don’t make cities irrelevant (snip)

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

The issue is that scribing stations exist only in guild halls, not cities. Crafting practically requires TP access. Hence, you need both in the same place.

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

15 Charrs also want a tp.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Bruno.3812

The issue is that scribing stations exist only in guild halls, not cities. Crafting practically requires TP access. Hence, you need both in the same place.

Is there a scribing station at the Guild Initiative in Lions Arch? Or how about taking your char to a trading post then from there going to the guild hall. You can leave the guild hall, land beside the trading post and then go back to the guild hall. It’s probably not much longer than running from the scribing station to wherever a TP would be in a guild hall then running back to the scribing station.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

No scribing station at the Guild Initiative

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Bruno.3812

No scribing station at the Guild Initiative

I haven’t checked since I don’t do scribing but I thought the Guild Initiative was the Guild Hall for those without a Guild Hall. Seems strange there is no scribing function there. I guess they figure that those without a real guild hall don’t need the scribing function.