Quartz crystals once per account/per day!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Just found out I can only mine the quartz crystals once a day on my account…and only with one character.

This is ridiculous, especially since we have so few nodes in the world and they only provide 3 pieces each node. Not to mention our crafting requires so many for gear. You need 25 crystals to be able to refine into 1 charged per day per account.

So now this has effectively reduced us to enormous burdens of high amounts of mats that can’t be mined adequately. See this wiki page which was last modified on 1 November 2015, at 13:32.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quartz_Crystal_Formation

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Its been like this since 2014 (or 2013 I’m not sure). Since the first time the Zephirites visited with their flying air ship. So if you did it once a day you could have a full stack of 250 !

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

You can get a minimum of 22 quartz crystals per day if you mine a node in a home instance and the rich node (during sandstorm; requires T4+ Dry Top) plus the other three. So basically, you should be able to make one charged per day, potentially buying a few Quartz on occasion if you are unlucky.

lynspottery.6529

I’ve never found the rich node and can only get 3 crystal pcs from my home node. The only other ones I found were the two by the crash site and there is one behind an event that is not available until you do the event…I’ve only managed to see it available once and that was it.

There are no other nodes that I am aware of since the Zepherites ship is not in game any longer.

And I was able to mine the open world ones on more than one toon each day so that is why I am irritated over this.

Posted by: Yunni.8296

Yunni.8296

To get the rich quartz crystal formation you don’t have to do the event. The door to Cragrock Palace opens with about ten minutes left of a tier 4 sandstorm. Go left, hug the wall and come up behind the node. If you’re careful you won’t agro anything.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you dont need them directly for celestial gear, you can buy sheets of (charged) ambrite on the tp and quite cheaper than what you would pay to charge with bought quartz.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Misguided.5139

There are the 2 by crash site 1.

The third is either near crash site 3 or below, by the inquest.

lynspottery.6529

Thank you all for the input. I did not find the 3rd crash site location…although I looked everywhere in that vicinity for it so it must be in where the inquest is. I’ll have to see if I can find it.

As for the celestial gear…yea…I was thinking of a set…kind of a bummer that certain gear requires a more difficult road to acquire than some others. But it is what it is and I’ll just have to deal with it.

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

1. Do SW
2. Sell everything for gold
3. Buy crystals and sand

I figured they would do something to push people back into the car wreck that is Drytop, but I refuse.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

To me, the real kicker is guild hall upgrades. You need (at least afaik) 7 celestial insignias and 7 celestial inscriptions— each requiring 5 charged crystals. Then several dozens of ley line tools (1 charged crystal each) and hundreds of raw crystals. Yes, everyone working together, etc. Was the plan to have guilds running Dry Top and SW every day? It’s a very effective time gate.

lynspottery.6529

To me, the real kicker is guild hall upgrades. You need (at least afaik) 7 celestial insignias and 7 celestial inscriptions— each requiring 5 charged crystals. Then several dozens of ley line tools (1 charged crystal each) and hundreds of raw crystals. Yes, everyone working together, etc. Was the plan to have guilds running Dry Top and SW every day? It’s a very effective time gate.

Yea…this is also something I am trying to help my guild with, although I did not include that in my posting. But having sufficient crystals so difficult to get per day and limiting locations, really is an irritant.

I want to help my guild out with these, but I am not able to in any event since I need said crystals for my stuff too.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i hav a hardworking guildie and he has 100++ charged…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

i hav a hardworking guildie and he has 100++ charged…

I had a full stack when HoT came out. So far I’m down to 200 because of guild upgrades.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve never found the rich node and can only get 3 crystal pcs from my home node. The only other ones I found were the two by the crash site and there is one behind an event that is not available until you do the event…I’ve only managed to see it available once and that was it.

There’s three basic nodes in Dry Top – two are at Crash Site 1. The third moves, it can be either at Crash Site 3 or in the Inquest tunnels just west of it.

Then there’s the rich node, you don’t have to do the event but get it triggered which just means getting to Tier 4.

Adding in the home instance node, that’s 22 in total you can get per day. 25 if you find a map where the one that moves has moved elsewhere.

IIRC, though, only the rich and home instance nodes are once per day per account.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Can’t the quartz nodes randomly give 5 crystals per swing? Or even a charged one?

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Misguided.5139

Can’t the quartz nodes randomly give 5 crystals per swing? Or even a charged one?

Only the one in a home instance.