Question about HoT expansion not a complaint

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Just wondering how it is going to be when I get it digitally will I actually get 2 seperate codes one for the HoT expansion and one for the core game or is it a single code.

Sorry if this is already somewhere else but I didn’t want to look through all the complaint topics to try and find my answer.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

You do not get 2 seperate codes, you can ONLY get the free base game if you DO NOT apply your expac purchase to an existing account. The second you upgrade your current account to an HoT account, the “free bonus” game vanishes forever.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Ah thanks for the answer that is unfortunate I was hoping I would be able to give the core game away now I’ll just wait and see if pricing changes for an expansion only one or not.

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Ah thanks for the answer that is unfortunate I was hoping I would be able to give the core game away now I’ll just wait and see if pricing changes for an expansion only one or not.

Good luck with that.

No.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

This is exactly what the current uproar is about. It might be prudent to wait and see if ArenaNet will give an official response on this issue.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

According to the Official HoT FAQ, there will also be a boxed edition of the expansion: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Maybe you can get a separate code or CD in that?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]