Question about original game buyers.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MouseTrap.9813

MouseTrap.9813

So, having bought the game when it was relesead for the price asked. I now have to spend another 50 euros on this game, even though what i originally bought is now free?

The only thing i supposedly get is an armor set? Or is there something else?

Shouldn’t we get a better pricing on the campaign or something?

Posted by: Ascii Red.4029

Ascii Red.4029

This question has been asked many times and the answer is the same. You got 3 years of play out of the game, during a time when it was not free.

As far as Anet are concerned you got a good deal, giving away what you paid to create, for free, may seem lame however the game is not yours, all you paid for was access.

Yes if you want to progress in the game you have to pay again. You may be thinking that this is not what you thought you were buying into, and you would be right, unfortunatly nobody cares.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

So, having bought the game when it was relesead for the price asked. I now have to spend another 50 euros on this game, even though what i originally bought is now free?

The only thing i supposedly get is an armor set? Or is there something else?

Shouldn’t we get a better pricing on the campaign or something?

Read the Heart of Throns expansion feedback before spending another 50 euros…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: crashflow.1607

crashflow.1607

Sadly, me and some of my friends are in the same boat. We just can’t seem to find justification for the pricing when we have already paid that same price already for the core game. Yes it was 3 years ago but that’s less of a point since the core game is now free. People who join now pay the price for both games while the people who were dedicated to the game (original owners) need to pay basically twice as much for the same product. We’ve decided it’s not going to happen. Not when you even have to unlock what you already paid for. Shame on you Anet. Shame.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

You also have been getting loyalty rewards in the form of daily login rewards for almost a year now.

Free players don’t get those.

Posted by: Sacretes.7432

Sacretes.7432

if you played the base game and played the living story you got something new players won’t get unless they pay gems to play it right? if you don’t believe that the three years you played was worth the 50 then that’s your hang up.

Posted by: Pikaboo.6905

Pikaboo.6905

if you played the base game and played the living story you got something new players won’t get unless they pay gems to play it right? if you don’t believe that the three years you played was worth the 50 then that’s your hang up.

Agree. I don’t understand all of the people that feel they are entitled to anything more than the game and time for which they originally paid. I bought the game 3 years ago, and feel like I got more than my money’s worth.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Free players don’t get a lot of the rewards and abilities that those that bought the game do. Also you have gotten to play for three years that free players did not.

This is an expansion, like mosts other games it costs money.

It’s not rocket science. Either pay for the expansion, wait a couple of years for it to go on sale, or don’t buy it at all.

Posted by: Sacretes.7432

Sacretes.7432

Agree. I don’t understand all of the people that feel they are entitled to anything more than the game and time for which they originally paid. I bought the game 3 years ago, and feel like I got more than my money’s worth.

thank goodness I’m not alone. browsing the forums as of late had me thinking I was going mad.

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Do you even hold any value to the time you enjoyed during the last 3 years and all the content that free players are not going to get to experience? I mean how kittening absurd is it that people are still upset about this. I don’t get it.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I don’t get it either. It’s pretty absurd.

If you didn’t have a problem or regrets for paying whatever you did for the base game, there is no reason you should now.

Accept that other people will inevitably get a better deal than you. Otherwise I don’t see how you can enjoy any purchase.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Might as well wait until the very last gw2 expansion and get them all in a big cheap bundle.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I’ll never understand you people. I prepurchased the core game. Played it for 3 years very actively. I got stuff that Free To Play players will never be able to get. Some thing are never coming back.
I enjoyed many things, funny bugs, stuff before revamps, was a party of huge one time events that is an experience that will never happen again in that same fashion.
So yeah, 3 years of playing and getting everything for free is just insane. This game delivers far more content then most mmo’s that require monthly subscription.

So yeah, also perfectly fine with the HoT price. Cause I know that I’ll get everyone for free until the next expansion as well. Even though I rushed through HoT content in a few days. Pretty much saw it all (now to get it all) I still think the expansion is great.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

In Europe it´s 45 Euro directly from Anet and compared to the price and size of the original game I would say this is to expensive.

I bought a key in some internet gameshop for 30 Euro though and I think so far: that´s a very justified amount.

I must add that I didn´t really play anymore for almost a year and didn´t even plan to buy it, even more given the posts about the 400 hero points and gating of hero challenges.

While I still think that Anet has it overdone with 400 hp and all the gating (masteries, hero point challenges, interdependable and maybe to hard events and adventures) there are a ton of new things added – but it´s in the end up to personal taste what someone prefers.

For me:

- the new maps to explore (only seen Verdant Brinks so far; yes, complicated and large but makes it longer interesting; complex and beautyfull piece of art for a game´s map imo)
- gliding skills for moving around on the maps
- a ton of new materials and receipts for crafting
- new stats for armor and weapons
- new weapons and elite-specs for old classes
- Rev as a new class

not so much for me:

- guild-halls and -features
- raids
- new storyline (I personally really hate doing the story)

I suggest looking through YouTube-vids from players, best help for making a decision.

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Posted by: Phillipidies.3204

Phillipidies.3204

Even though I’m unsatisfied with HoT, I don’t think I’d ever call the money I spent on the core game a waste. I realize not everyone has a ton of disposable income, but if after 3 years you don’t think the price was a bargain, I’m not sure what to tell you. Over the same time period a subscription game would have cost $360-540. Games take money to develop and support, and I can’t even take my wife out for a nice dinner for $50, let alone get 3 years of entertainment.

HoT probably needed to cost us money in order to keep GW2 funded properly. Now, if you don’t like HoT that’s entirely understandable and you shouldn’t pay for something you don’t like (or ask for a refund). But let’s not act like they gouged us for the last 3 years and the expansion is supposed to make up for that.

Phaeax, Hydema, Phillipidies [LK] HoD