Question for ANet - Airship Oil

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

ANet,

Is there going to be another sink for Airship Oil soon? A lot of people are accumulating large amounts of it and having to delete it. I’m on the verge of having to delete a large amount of it due to the high drop rate.

Previously I suggested an Pact airship memorial in LA to take donations of airship oil to take 250 oils once a day for an eternal flame and get an item in return. Someone else suggested that Thermocatalytic Reagents would be a good exchange. I think 50 per 250 oil would be a good exchange. It would get people crafting more, help consume other things that build up and push people more towards HoT maps when they run out of oil in a few weeks.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I’d like to see another sink for Airship Oil as well. Not only that, but also for Bloodstone Shards and the other ascended materials that stack up extremely easily. My bank is completely full of it and I’ve been deleting them for weeks now.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

(edited by Galtrix.7369)

Tekoneiric.6817

I’d like to see another sink for Airship Oil as well. Not only that, but also for Bloodstone Shards and the other ascended materials that stuck up extremely easily. My bank is completely full of it and I’ve been deleting them for weeks now.

This is why Thermocatalytic Reagents would be good. It’s 1/3 of what you use to process Bloodstone, Dragonite and Empyreal.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I’d be content if we could NPC them for 4 copper each (10s per 250). Or trade them 50:50 for Airship parts, Lumps or Aurillium or Leyline crystals. It just feels bad to destroy them.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Airship oil is just one part of the issue. I still have a problem with bloodstone dust and have all the eaters for it (plus have max material storage space). Not only that but there are other obnoxious materials that I have no use while been piling up in droves. Like Barbed Thorns and Leaf Fossils. Not to mention I have been trying to get rid of all these potent venom sacks. Yeah, I can upgrade them to powerful venom sacks. However as soon as I get rid of one stack, another one takes it place within a week. Luckily Mordrem Slivers can just be transformed to the next highest tier. Without taking up too much space, or being a massive gold sink to get rid of them. I rather have tier 5 and 6 leather, which drops at the rate these things do. Leather at least is always useful.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You have issues with airship oil. I dont. I have issues with all that aurillium kitten from AB, and the leyline sparks from TD. Honestly, either get a collection expander, or just do what everyone else does: trash the stack in your collections when it gets full.

Tekoneiric.6817

Maybe they just need to allow ascended materials to be sold to merchants or where it can be traded with a specialized ascended materials merchant for lesser materials. Either way something needs to be done with it.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You could make jeweled damask patches if you have too many obsidian shards and the other HoT map materials.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My vote is for 3 more upgrades to the Ley-Matter Converter we can purchase for 250 of the relevant material. Doing so unlocks a tab where you can trade 25 (50? 100?) of the matching material for various goodies, similar to the tabs for Airship Parts, Lumps of Aurilium and Ley Line Crystals.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s the new Sentient Anomaly ‘eater’ for some Ascended Materials. Maybe, there will be more ‘eaters’ in the future for some of the other Ascended Materials. Perhaps, another new one with the next episode?

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I have never saved any airship oil, since I have no interest in ascended gear. I delete every one that I get since it can’t be sold.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I just used my spare to make jeweled damask to add some extra coin to my damask sales. I’m actually lacking in these compared to the other components.