Question for whomever knows?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

When casting a lot of AoE skills in game especially the new skills like the road the Rev lays down or the horn skill on the new Ele elite they have the outline with the smoke like jigsaw puzzle pieces raising off them. Can this super crap looking effect be turned off in settings? I mean who likes to see a frame on AoE skills? If I set the ground on fire I want to see it on fire where I set it on fire, not a kids play area looking sandbox type thing. Each to their own but as long as I can turn it off HELL YES PLEASE!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Disable Area of Effect Rings — Hides the area of effect rings normally shown on the ground?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Thanks but I ment the effect outlining AoE skills not the rings themselves. It looks like puzzle pieces rising made of smoke around the edges. looks terrible.

Posted by: Sebbl.2806

Sebbl.2806

Thanks but I ment the effect outlining AoE skills not the rings themselves. It looks like puzzle pieces rising made of smoke around the edges. looks terrible.

Ah, those are probably meant to signalize usable combo fields. I don’t know if those puzzle pieces also appear on your enemies’ fields, but I’m pretty sure they do on all friendly ones.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

Just tested it; “Disable Area of Effect Rings” gets rid of the puzzle pieces ring effect around my AoEs, I’m pretty sure it’s the option you want.

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Just tested it; “Disable Area of Effect Rings” gets rid of the puzzle pieces ring effect around my AoEs, I’m pretty sure it’s the option you want.

Close but not really, its the annoying effects on guardian and rev skills, probably on other class’s to but for me its the guard mainly.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I tested it on a Guardian. Can you give an example of a specific ability that does this that “Disable Area of Effect Rings” doesn’t change for you?