Question on Elite Spec Armors

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

Has anyone seen anywhere if it has been stated that for example only a chronomancer can use their elite spec skins? Like a warrior cannot use the chrono shield skin and even a regular mesmer cannot use the shoulder skin. Never saw this brought up or mentioned so I wanted to know.

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

the skin can only be goten by completing what i assume is a mastery track bound to each specialization, but once unlocked it will be like any other skin and free to use on all characters through the wardrobe system.

So no worries , your warrior will be able to use the chronomancer shield.

Flapjackson.1596

the skin can only be goten by completing what i assume is a mastery track bound to each specialization, but once unlocked it will be like any other skin and free to use on all characters through the wardrobe system.

So no worries , your warrior will be able to use the chronomancer shield.

See that is actually what my worry is

Thematically players tend to stick to certain armor sets and styles for their professions but I feel like there’s no defined armor pieces that really stand out for what your profession is. My revenant and guardian can look exactly the same, as can my necromancer and my ele. This is just a little off-putting to me as I think classes should have some uniqueness to their styles beyond just choosing to look differently.

In Vino Veritas

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Emm elite specs are not connected to masteries its hero points that unlock them.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Thematically players tend to stick to certain armor sets and styles for their professions but I feel like there’s no defined armor pieces that really stand out for what your profession is. My revenant and guardian can look exactly the same, as can my necromancer and my ele. This is just a little off-putting to me as I think classes should have some uniqueness to their styles beyond just choosing to look differently.

They do, only it’s not in what they wear but rather the style and color of their animations. Personally, I really like it this way, since it gives me a lot of freedom in designing my character’s looks while still making it easy to see what the people fighting around (or against) me can do.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Emm elite specs are not connected to masteries its hero points that unlock them.

ye the skills and traits are, but are the skins you get also through that system? from what i read (and i’m completely possible to be wrong coze my memory isnt that great^^) it seemed as if the skins will be unlocked in a similar way to masteries by playing the elite spec, could be wrong tho , but thats the impression i got :p

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

ye the skills and traits are, but are the skins you get also through that system? from what i read (and i’m completely possible to be wrong coze my memory isnt that great^^) it seemed as if the skins will be unlocked in a similar way to masteries by playing the elite spec, could be wrong tho , but thats the impression i got :p

I think the new armors will just be drops your class can wear as all classes will still be the same tier of armor such as Rangers are medium so Druids will be medium remember there are no class specific armors all medium classes wear medium armor, all light classes wear light armor and heavy classes wear heavy armor there are no Ranger armors or Ele armors.

Sylvari mean

Flapjackson.1596

They do, only it’s not in what they wear but rather the style and color of their animations. Personally, I really like it this way, since it gives me a lot of freedom in designing my character’s looks while still making it easy to see what the people fighting around (or against) me can do.

I’m not gonna say we should have tons of profession-specific stuff cause I do enjoy the customization in this game but armor that is specifically designed for the elite spec and can only be obtained by playing the elite spec should be bound to the elite spec. Same as I don’t want humans to get asuran cultural armor or norns to get charr cultural. (I actually wouldn’t wish charrmor on anyone to be honest).

In Vino Veritas

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

I get your point about the appeal of having profession-specific armor, but armor tends to be defined more by culture and organizations rather than something as gamist as “character class.”

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

I think the new armors will just be drops your class can wear as all classes will still be the same tier of armor such as Rangers are medium so Druids will be medium remember there are no class specific armors all medium classes wear medium armor, all light classes wear light armor and heavy classes wear heavy armor there are no Ranger armors or Ele armors.

Yes, but that part was a given. The Chronomancer shoulders will be a light armor skin while the Dragonhunter gauntlets will be a heavy armor skin. The poster you’re quoting was addressing how you acquire the skins, not if the skins will be universal like some parts of the radiant/hellfire achievement skins.

In this blogpost they mention that every elite specialization will come bundled with a weapon and armor skin (as well as sigils and runes, wow totally forgot about that).

“Finally, these reward tracks unlock everything for an elite specialization: weapon, unique mechanics, skills, and traits. They’ll also reward items, including new runes and sigils, a fancy weapon skin for your new weapon type, and an armor skin for a single matching piece of armor (usually headgear or shoulders).”

This seems to imply that the skins (and sigil/rune rewards) will be built into the “training” menu unlock tracks for the elite specializations. However the wording is a bit unclear as “reward track” is a term I’m sure they’ve used to describe the mastery system as well.