Questions you want Answered

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

i feel like this is a stupid question but i am going to ask anyway

the new weapon specializations are going to be usable outside of the new map correct? like in pvp and wvw?
and the gliders i assume will only be in the new map?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The gliders is confirmed to be only in the new map.
The specialization in WvW and PvP were not officially confirmed, but it is almost sure that you’ll be able to use them.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Some of the questions I’m seeing are actually in the FAQs list.

They already answered that you do need the base game to play HoT.

They already said HoT will only start out with on specialization per class.

Soon is the detail at the top of this forum on when the reveals will be coming but there is mention of a large amount of information in press events explaining it all by Gaile.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Why no new race?

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

How much of the new areas will involve JP- like mechanics? I’m not talking having to jump around for extra things (like llamas or coins or badges). Everything is described as being vertical, will there be areas of normal gameplay that can not be reached without JP-esque paths? If so, will there be ways around that, like only having to do it once, and then there’s a WP, or being able to lake a longer but smoother route?

Posted by: bargamer.1762

bargamer.1762

Will you be able to exchange skill points for mastery points in HoT?
With the change to trait unlocking, will there be any way to “refund” those of us who spend money/skill points to unlock a trait?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Why no new race?

They’ve already answered this in interviews (sorry, don’t have the source on me at the moment). The quick answer is that they looked at what would be gained by a new race compared to the time and resources it would take to make one playable and maintain it. They concluded that you only really gain a bit of cosmetic pieces and a small amount of early content and that was not worth the resources necessary to create them. They instead decided (inteligently in my opinion) to put those resources towards more substantial projects.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

- How will the expansion affect the non-expansion players.
- Will masteries be active for players under 80? (We know you can’t use points till you are 80, but will your acc progress affect your non 80’s)

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Now that other ancient allies/foes that were “dead, dead” are able to return from the mists via revanents, is it possible we may see the return of another dead dead for that was the best villian this series has ever seen, Abaddon?

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Since the mastery system is replacing the skillgain from experience, what will happen to accumulated skillpoints when the expansion rolls out? Will they get turned into mastery points (please say no)?

How will getting skill points after the expansion work? What mechanism is available so players can continuously get skillpoints?

What happens to players who don’t get the expansion – do they still use the Mastery system, or do they keep the old functionality?

Honestly, ‘Skill points will be added as rewards across high-level content to offset this change.’ sounds an awful lot like ‘Skill points are now dungeon rewards’, which would be terrible. Or to Orr events or something, which would be irritating but not as bad.

What I’m asking for is details of how the transition is going to work, because it impacts how I play now. If accumulated skill points are transformed to mastery points, I’ll spend them all now. If it’s harder to get skill points – which is almost certainly going to be true, because anything would be harder than now – I’ll stockpile them or the products of using them because those will be more valuable.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Release date? Non-water spears? but most importantly:
Why does Colin Johanson wear baggy pants? The guy is slim enough to look good in blue jeans.
Question, questions, questions…

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Q: What is a “deep dive” and how does it differ from a CDI or any other flavour of the month buzzword?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Q: What is a “deep dive” and how does it differ from a CDI or any other flavour of the month buzzword?

Deep Dive is the explanation of each feature, the CDI were a forum oriented brain storm of what players would love to see and discuss these suggestions.

So CDI is for content that’s not developed yet
Deep Dive is content that’s created, just waiting to tell us.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

KyreneZA.8617

Deep Dive is the explanation of each feature, the CDI were a forum oriented brain storm of what players would love to see and discuss these suggestions.

So CDI is for content that’s not developed yet
Deep Dive is content that’s created, just waiting to tell us.

Hey, Guardian of Angels, what’s that sound?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…

Posted by: GHannes.6407

GHannes.6407

Q: Will it be possible to play activities e.g. Crab Toss with your Guild from the Guild Hall?
I think it will be lots of fun to play Crab Toss while hearing everyone scream at you on TS while you use the fishing pole.

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i posted mine a while back about guild halls an types an are they going to be like the ones from gw1? guess i will have to wait an see

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Adventures: how frequently can you do one? I see on POI you can restart one that isn’t going well, but once complete can you just rush right back in?

Posted by: dobri.7820

dobri.7820

What will Exp give us when we train all masteris?

Will there be something to spend WWWexp points on, after maxing-out www skills?

(edited by dobri.7820)

Posted by: UnDeadFun.5824

UnDeadFun.5824

I’d like to know what they will do to prevent afk players at “outpost” scaling up event mobs. Seeing this happen at Forts in Silverwaste more and more.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

If I have most of my permanent achievements already done (incl. all LS achis, Fashion, Explorer, JPs, map completion on 5 characters,….), will I have a substential part of my specializations unlocked already from HoT start on? Or how do I have to understand this?

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Donari.5237

This just occurred to me:

Specializations will get a weapon the base class can’t use. We’ll be able to “easily” toggle back to the base class any time we like out of combat.

If the base class still cannot equip the new weapon, what happens? Does it get shoved into the first open slot in our inventory? People lose more weapons that way …

Or will we get the templates many have been requesting, with the weapons not using inventory space so long as they are equipped in one of our toggled builds? So like swapping from dry ground to underwater, when suddenly we are in aquabreather/underwater weapon, will the swap just activate a different weapon set stored in the Hero Panel?

KyreneZA.8617

Q: If gaining towards mastery replaces gaining XP for level 80 characters, will all the myriad activities that currently give XP (reviving, harvesting, etc. to name a few) give progress towards masteries, or…?

Q: How will mastery chasers gain skill points from world content? The standard random drops of skill scrolls from champ bags, or something a little more reliable? Will this change affect the amounts of skill points required to make “Legendaries” (sorry, I always burst out laughing at that) or Mystic Weapons for instance, or is that part of the recipes going to also become a grind now?

Recently returned to…

Posted by: JustcallmeRev.3182

JustcallmeRev.3182

Will old skills like racials and less used abillities get some sort of revamp? I’d love to able to use Battle roar and warband support or charrzooka more effectively, but at the moment their cooldowns are to long and most racial skills in general can’t compete with other skills when it comes to say: damage, overal use, or utillity. comparing things like Battle Standard and Signet of rage to rampage or artillery strike you can see what I mean.
Will we see new elite/healing skills based on skill types we already possess? for example shouts, wells, Consecrations etc?

Will guild halls have some slight customization options to choose from? decoration options? or maybe setting up barricades and traps perhaps?

Posted by: Sacred Peace.9428

Sacred Peace.9428

I would like to get confirmation if we are getting at least 1 free character slot with the new expansion?

Donari.5237

Very minor query: Will there be tweaks to dye channels? Some outfits have odd choices of where the channels go, especially forcing boots to bizarre shades, and so far the Wizard’s (hat) cannot be dyed at all.

In the latter’s case, can you at least tell us why it can’t be dyed? Are there technical, legal, or aesthetic reasons for it?

Posted by: TakaYama.5394

TakaYama.5394

All I really want to know about is, will we be getting new pets to unlock? I really really hope so.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Q: Will it be possible to play activities e.g. Crab Toss with your Guild from the Guild Hall?
I think it will be lots of fun to play Crab Toss while hearing everyone scream at you on TS while you use the fishing pole.

Oh, I second this request. Activities in the Guild Hall!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Q: Can an account unlock every mastery track in the game?

The answer should be yes, but unfortunately it’s hard to rely on your designers’ judgement after the past few years.

Q: Adventure leaderboards – can we disallow our data showing up on leaderboards? Are they an opt-in feature?

Not everyone likes measuring their kitten every play session, and some people like soloing/have stalkers/etc and don’t want to share their favorite content with the world.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

Will the new specializations get their own profession logo? for example druid → tree of life rather than pet paw for ranger?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

What will be the recommended minimum specs? If my machine will not run it efficiently, then no purchase from me.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

What will be the recommended minimum specs? If my machine will not run it efficiently, then no purchase from me.

Same specs as now, only filesize will increase. Maybe they’ll sharpen out a few textures, but as far as I know the specs don’t change.

Posted by: Ianeasa.5367

Ianeasa.5367

There will be a Mac Client for the expansion?

(edited by Ianeasa.5367)

Donari.5237

Now that you’ve broken the pattern of giving us blogs on Tues-Wed-Thurs, can you do something like you did in the April feature pack and at least give us dates with teasers or outright reveals of which blogs will come on which days?

I shall retract this query if we do get a blog today, as it’s just after 3 pm your time, even though usually the blogs have shown up a few hours sooner than that. And yesterday was a holiday, albeit not one usually honored by private industry. Still, I was really hoping to get something new to read about other than BLTC items

Posted by: Doctor Faustus.6372

Doctor Faustus.6372

Q: Will there be any new dungeons or new paths in existing dungeons as we know them right now? If no: is there a chance we’ll get new dungeons in living story season 3? (like the aetherpath in season 1)

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Question:
will Destiny Edge and Delaqua investigators play major roles in the DLC plot?

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Do Revenants wear blindfolds because they poked their eyes out from all the spikes that ArenaNet keeps putting on their armor?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: xboxer.6785

xboxer.6785

will the new class have a different story line ???

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

will the new class have a different story line ???

Hasn’t this already been answered with a resounding “NO” from the Reds in this forum?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Will there be a significant number of new faces & hair options?

Will there be new visual customization options? (scars, beards, medals, etc)