REmove the adventure from collection

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Remove the adventure from collection. Is impossible complete specialization collection. Create collection dedicated to adventure e remove from other collection.

If it were impossible then nobody would have completed them.

Adventures only require you to get bronze which is doable for all of them.

doable does not means its easy. Some of them are doable but super hard. I have yet to get bronze on rifle or that golem one. but i’ve given up after hours of trying and don’t care too much. Just when others be like : “dis Ez”… kinda annoys me

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

There’s no solo-only content in an MMO. An MMO is about community as much as it is about playing the game.

But, but…adventures are solo-only content, and GW2 is an MMO game.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

There’s no solo-only content in an MMO. An MMO is about community as much as it is about playing the game.

But, but…adventures are solo-only content, and GW2 is an MMO game.

What I meant to say with that, is that they don’t exist in a vacuum. And saying that they should be able to completed completely alone is ridiculous. Especially with a leaderboard attached to the adventures, it clearly is not solo content. If you wanted to get gold there would be a list at of people at the ready which you could use for advice right there ingame. Even more so since it takes people from your friendslist.

Sorry, are Adventures really solo content, or are people just labeling that because it’s convenient and playing into their opinions?

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Faaris.8013

Sorry, are Adventures really solo content, or are people just labeling that because it’s convenient and playing into their opinions?

I consider them solo content because you have to play them solo. Leaderboards exist since arcade games in the late 70’s. At Space Invaders, you could see the high scores of people who played it maybe months ago. I don’t think that comes close to a multi player feeling. When my brother and I played Tetris and competed in beating the other one’s highscore, it wasn’t multiplayer. If we connected our Game Boys with a cable and were able to impact the other one’s game by filling rows, that was multi player.

(edited by Faaris.8013)

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I always thought, the point of an MMO is playing content together with other players. Playing together is the point. Playing solo and getting help from somebody else with guide or walkthrough is not playing together, this is done for ages since the very first computer game decades ago. This does not make a game an MMO. Highscores to compare players as well: available since ages.

I assume, players play MMOs because of group content. Not because of solo content, otherwise they’d choose a solo game, because solo games provide better solo content than an MMO. So my conclusion is, solo content that can solely be played solo and never in a group is misplaced in an MMO. It’s not something players choose to play an MMO for.

Let me tell you this: I am older. I have a computer since 1986 where I just had my last year in high school. I never played computer or console games for the next 15 years, because they were ugly, slow, tedious, difficult, dumb, or simply not entertaining. They steal your time, giving back nothing.

The first game that showed me that games can be fun was an RPG called Morrowind in 2001. This was nothing like the bland and simple games available earlier. It was as fun to play as a book to read. In 2007, I was invited to GW1. Playing in the same game as other people was terrific. Playing this stuff since then.

And now we got that solo content back that is the same 30 years ago. Stuff I chose to not play back then. Nice new skins, but still the same game. Stuff that made me not play computer games at all for 15 years. Stuff that now comes back like a nemesis I hoped to never see again. This in GW2 is so bad on so many levels.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

FrizzFreston.5290

I consider them solo content because you have to play them solo. Leaderboards exist since arcade games in the late 70’s. At Space Invaders, you could see the high scores of people who played it maybe months ago. I don’t think that comes close to a multi player feeling. When my brother and I played Tetris and competed in beating the other one’s highscore, it wasn’t multiplayer. If we connected our Game Boys with a cable and were able to impact the other one’s game by filling lines, that was multi player.

I must admit that was more of a philosophical stretch. I mean, by that definition I was going with, nothing really is a solo game. I mean, Djinn proposed you shouldn’t need to ask for help, because it’s solo. Which just reminds me of harder achievements in other games, where you often had to ask for help to find that one last secret or even to walkthrough through it, because of a hard puzzle or section.

Considering the collection is a side objective, albeit with a unique reward, asking for help with any of those tasks seems only natural to me. I personally wouldn’t need the help with adventures, but since it IS a multiplayer game the options are there. Hell you might not even like the content, I can understand that. But that is true for every reward ever imo. There might always be someone who doesn’t like to do part x in a game, it doesn’t warrant for removal of the challenge.

But to be honest, if I were to go by my personal opinion, I never really liked the idea of Adventures in their current shape AS part of the gameworld. Maybe one per map or maybe only in cities (why isn’t shooting gallery from Verdant brink in Divinity’s reach to begin with !)
But other than that, being part of some off mainroad reward collection, I really think it’s a matter of owning up to it or setting a different goal.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Since Adventures are a solo-only activity, and are not End Game content, there should be no need for help. You should be able to simply play them and complete them. I don’t need hints or outside information to do other events in the game. Why make Adventures so difficult that people need outside help?

Not that I want to do Adventures in the first place. I want to play an RPG, not mini-games. So I agree that no mini-games should be required for content that is not mini-game oriented.

There’s no solo-only content in an MMO.

Perhaps I’m mistaken by what others have said since I have not played Adventures myself: is it untrue that you can’t be in an Adventure with other players? Can you actually do an Adventure in a party so that other people can help you? That would be awesome.

As to outside sourcing, that has nothing to do with “solo”.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Djinn.9245

But other than that, being part of some off mainroad reward collection, I really think it’s a matter of owning up to it or setting a different goal.

Or, we could express our dissatisfaction and Anet could change it like they did with Map Completion. Everyone saying “this is the way it is, deal with it” don’t seem to understand that developers change their games all the time.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s highly unlikely that Anet is going to make any changes at this point. All you can do is express your dissatisfaction and hope they don’t do the same with the next expansion.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Perhaps I’m mistaken by what others have said since I have not played Adventures myself: is it untrue that you can’t be in an Adventure with other players? Can you actually do an Adventure in a party so that other people can help you? That would be awesome.

Adventures are solo, but most occur in a group space. Which makes them harder to do when other people are around. Heads and bodies blocking Shooting Gallery or Salvage Pit becoming a literal field of green death.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

1. How would anyone know that?
2. Most people play an MMO RPG to play an RPG, not to play mini-games.

1. By trying an adventure once.

So you think that trying an adventure once would magically make someone pay attention to the XP they got and they would somehow know that this amount of XP was much better than the normal amount of XP they got?

Also, for anyone that is not inherently good at these mini-games I disagree that they would be good XP/min as many people fail over and over.

People keep talking about how hard it is to level up their masteries and how much time it takes. I can assure you a good percentage of players watch their mastery bars as they go up. Not all players but a lot of them.

If they see the bar jump, then they know.

I’m also relatively sure you see the amount when you click the chest on top of it.

The amount of experience is so much you can see the bar jump, particularly if you get silver or gold.

You’d have to be not paying attention at all to not notice.

Of course, there are plenty of people play this game that are completely oblivious to everything in the game, but you can hardly blame the game for that.

Djinn.9245

It’s highly unlikely that Anet is going to make any changes at this point. All you can do is express your dissatisfaction and hope they don’t do the same with the next expansion.

Not sure why you say this. WvW was removed from World Map Completion 3 years after release.

Djinn.9245

Adventures are solo, but most occur in a group space. Which makes them harder to do when other people are around. Heads and bodies blocking Shooting Gallery or Salvage Pit becoming a literal field of green death.

Yes, interesting of Anet to go from “other players help you, not hurt you” to the exact opposite lol. But they seem to be doing that a lot since HoT.

Ayrilana.1396

Not sure why you say this. WvW was removed from World Map Completion 3 years after release.

So one change and then anything is likely to happen? Changing the mastery points in adventures is different than altering what doesn’t count towards map completion.

Djinn.9245

So one change and then anything is likely to happen? Changing the mastery points in adventures is different than altering what doesn’t count towards map completion.

What doesn’t count in map completion / what doesn’t count in Mastery completion…

And they’ve changed plenty of things in this game and actually made statements that player input often helps them decide to make changes.

Ayrilana.1396

What doesn’t count in map completion / what doesn’t count in Mastery completion…

And they’ve changed plenty of things in this game and actually made statements that player input often helps them decide to make changes.

These are mastery points that you earn and then get allocated to masteries. If they were removed from adventures then they’d have to be placed elsewhere along with something to replace them. All of this would then have to be tested. Much different than what does and doesn’t count.

Just because they have changed things in this game, doesn’t mean everything can likely get changed.

FrizzFreston.5290

Or, we could express our dissatisfaction and Anet could change it like they did with Map Completion. Everyone saying “this is the way it is, deal with it” don’t seem to understand that developers change their games all the time.

I think it’s a common misconception that they change things merely because people complained about some issue. If you make enough of a compelling argument where it actually makes alot of sense to change it, a developer might say, yeah this is really an issue. And they need to make time to actually make the change, based upon how much effort they want to spend fixing it.

In some cases it really could be seen as an issue. With map completion it also disrupted WvW play with an incentive that doesn’t help WvW match itself. It would be like having map completion in PvP arenas, it just makes the gameplay messy.

With mastery points/collections with adventure objectives its “I like PvE but I don’t like this specific part of PvE.” It’s basically cherry picking. Combined with what you get from doing them it’s very much a handful of skins and a handful of mastery points that you don’t really need.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

since you capitalized the E it sounds like you want them moved AGAIN somewhere else
is that what this’ about? the locations of the adventures?

(just kidding)

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

While I hate Adventures to their very core, flat out removing them isn’t fair to anyone. I also wouldn’t be opposed to adding other ways to earn the end goal. As long as the effort is within reason to the original method, I could care less if people get the same thing. Your pixels don’t affect my play experience.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

While I hate Adventures to their very core, flat out removing them isn’t fair to anyone. I also wouldn’t be opposed to adding other ways to earn the end goal. As long as the effort is within reason to the original method, I could care less if people get the same thing. Your pixels don’t affect my play experience.

Agreed. Changing the participation requirements for collections/legendaries/mastery to Bronze would be great, but Gold rank on those should carry some reward for those who can do them. Give minis, toys, titles, whatever.

I wish I didn’t hate Adventures, but the control interaction just isn’t smooth, and the terrains they occur in are absolutely horrible, full of niches and snags that make playing them a chore.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Duh! It’s solo content. You CAN’T do it with another player, the very definition of solo.

Daddicus.6128

Two players can play at the same time, but they do not interact, score or anything else with each other. It’s the same thing as two players playing solitaire on the same table.

Daddicus.6128

It seems to me that they’ve already gotten the message: there haven’t been any adventures in LS S3.

Daddicus.6128

That’s mostly true, but there are exceptions. Any adventure that has things that can shoot at you means that the other guy might have aggro, leaving you alone.

Daddicus.6128

These are mastery points that you earn and then get allocated to masteries. If they were removed from adventures then they’d have to be placed elsewhere along with something to replace them. All of this would then have to be tested. Much different than what does and doesn’t count.

Just because they have changed things in this game, doesn’t mean everything can likely get changed.

They don’t need to remove anything. They just need to add more ways to get the points.

Daddicus.6128

With mastery points/collections with adventure objectives its “I like PvE but I don’t like this specific part of PvE.” It’s basically cherry picking. Combined with what you get from doing them it’s very much a handful of skins and a handful of mastery points that you don’t really need.

Try doing the math instead of making false statements. The mastery points for at least some adventures are absolutely required in order to maximize masteries.

Daddicus.6128

OP isn’t asking to remove adventures. Just to remove the requirement to do them from collections that have nothing to do with the adventures.

Ayrilana.1396

They don’t need to remove anything. They just need to add more ways to get the points.

Which they have done throughout LS3.

Try doing the math instead of making false statements. The mastery points for at least some adventures are absolutely required in order to maximize masteries.

There are more than enough HoT mastery points to skip adventures altogether. There are 185 HoT mastery points available with an excess of 48 mastery points. You can get a max of 30 from adventures.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Djinn.9245

That’s mostly true, but there are exceptions. Any adventure that has things that can shoot at you means that the other guy might have aggro, leaving you alone.

Or the other way around. Doesn’t seem like much of an advantage. Not seeing your point – are you trying to defend how Adventures work?

Djinn.9245

There are more than enough HoT mastery points to skip adventures altogether. There are 185 HoT mastery points available with an excess of 48 mastery points. You can get a max of 30 from adventures.

In addition to the 31 MP from Adventures, don’t forget the 12 MP from Raids (which Anet admits are only designed for 10% of players). There is also 1 MP from an event that is bugged to may or may not appear (Defeat Mayatl the Fierce). That doesn’t actually leave a lot of leeway…

Ayrilana.1396

In addition to the 31 MP from Adventures, don’t forget the 12 MP from Raids (which Anet admits are only designed for 10% of players). There is also 1 MP from an event that is bugged to may or may not appear (Defeat Mayatl the Fierce). That doesn’t actually leave a lot of leeway…

Well yeah. If people choose to skip a lot of mastery points then of course the flexibility will go down or rather they use up a lot of it to have that choice.

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

Dear players, please stay in topic, which is collections requiring to complete adventures in gold, silver or bronze!

This topic is not about how hard adventures are or if we love them, like them or hate them! What OP is asking is reasonable and I totally agree with him. he is not asking to remove them from game! he is also not asking to make them easier or harder!

Some people such as me can’t do it for so many reasons such as high latency, physical inability or even both, which also applies to many other game types too. We simply don’t do them.

I believe OP, me and a few other players who posted here, are asking to remove them from collection requirement. if adventures have to have collections too, fine, add a specific collection for that or even 3 for collecting for bronze, silver and gold. You can even give each of them some shiny, fancy pretty skin!

But please DON’T put completing adventure as requirement for at least 8 other collections that are already hard enough to complete (e.g. play each type of toon up to level 80 and then do all the hero points in HoT with them!)

I’m with OP too, Please separate completing adventures from other collections!

Faaris.8013

Two players can play at the same time, but they do not interact, score or anything else with each other. It’s the same thing as two players playing solitaire on the same table.

That mushroom adventure comes to my mind though. The one where you are a fungus and need to collect golden mushrooms. It ends at a hero point. I think if you have buddies starting the adventure who transform back into their original form in each of the 3 areas that are split from each other by walls/fences (where you have to use skill #2 to dig under them), and then kill the mobs, you can just start the collection without enemies on the route. Never tried it though.

And at the glider adventure, can someone kill that sniper off before you start?

Vayne.8563

It seems to me that they’ve already gotten the message: there haven’t been any adventures in LS S3.

There aren’t any hero points in LS 3 either, but I can pretty much guarantee there will be in the expansion. I think it’s likely that adventures would be thought of as expansion content, since they’re already making a map and a story every 2-3 months.

We’ll know if they actually decided this if there are no adventures in the expansion.

Daddicus.6128

Which they have done throughout LS3.
To a degree, this is true. The MP-to-mastery ratio in LS S3 (~2-to-1) is greater than it was in HoT (~1 1/3-to-1).

Daddicus.6128

You are correct. But, only because ANet has a higher ratio of MPs-to-masteries in LS S3. I was speaking of HoT, where there are 120 (+/- 1) MPs available, and 120 MPs you must spend.

So, unless one is capable of getting ALL of the other MPs, what I said is true. But, I was speaking from my own experience, where I have run out of non-adventure MPs I am capable of attaining. So, I am required to collect a bunch of adventure MPs (unless ANet continues to have the ratio be high in LS S3).

Daddicus.6128

Or the other way around. Doesn’t seem like much of an advantage. Not seeing your point – are you trying to defend how Adventures work?

Oh, heavens no. I was just pointing out that the absolute statement wasn’t correct. Same as Ayrilana corrected me. I’ve got to stop making absolute statements.

Daddicus.6128

There aren’t any hero points in LS 3 either, but I can pretty much guarantee there will be in the expansion. I think it’s likely that adventures would be thought of as expansion content, since they’re already making a map and a story every 2-3 months.

We’ll know if they actually decided this if there are no adventures in the expansion.

True. And, to the OP’s point, we’ll especially know if they remove adventures from the collections.

Ayrilana.1396

You are correct. But, only because ANet has a higher ratio of MPs-to-masteries in LS S3. I was speaking of HoT, where there are 120 (+/- 1) MPs available, and 120 MPs you must spend.

So, unless one is capable of getting ALL of the other MPs, what I said is true. But, I was speaking from my own experience, where I have run out of non-adventure MPs I am capable of attaining. So, I am required to collect a bunch of adventure MPs (unless ANet continues to have the ratio be high in LS S3).

Mastery points are the same for HoT whether they come from the expansion maps or the LS3 maps. Considering that you have to max masteries from both to get XP, I don’t see why there needs to be a distinction.

Daddicus.6128

Mastery points are the same for HoT whether they come from the expansion maps or the LS3 maps. Considering that you have to max masteries from both to get XP, I don’t see why there needs to be a distinction.

Because the point I was making is that one needs to collect a bunch of adventure MPs to complete HoT.

I agree that they’ve done a good thing by having more MPs available on the LS S3 maps. But, it’s not enough (yet) to offset the mistake made in HoT. (“Mistake” is in my opinion.) Plus, it requires playing through LS S3 in order to complete HoT. That just feels wrong.

Ayrilana.1396

Because the point I was making is that one needs to collect a bunch of adventure MPs to complete HoT.

I agree that they’ve done a good thing by having more MPs available on the LS S3 maps. But, it’s not enough (yet) to offset the mistake made in HoT. (“Mistake” is in my opinion.) Plus, it requires playing through LS S3 in order to complete HoT. That just feels wrong.

Define “complete”. Maybe at launch you had to but the game is continuously expanding and we got extra mastery points from the LS episodes which gave extra flexibility to players in regards to which mastery points they needed to earn. They could skip earning those from adventures altogether if they so choosed.

Of course ‘mistake’ will be a matter of opinion. Mine is opposite of yours. I just don’t see players’ self-imposed restrictions on what mastery points they want to earn as being a reasonable means to complain about the lack of options. Writing off adventures as a source is the player’s own choice and they’ll have to deal with the consequence of have less choices if they want to max their masteries. Same goes for those that choose to write off the LS3 masteries which is a new one. None of this is Anet’s fault.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

FrizzFreston.5290

You will never completely complete HoT without doing adventures. Depending on what you consider being complete anyway. But since Adventures ARE a part of HoT, and you’re talking about “completing” HoT.

It will always be, “I completed HoT! …except Adventures.”

Vayne.8563

You will never completely complete HoT without doing adventures. Depending on what you consider being complete anyway. But since Adventures ARE a part of HoT, and you’re talking about “completing” HoT.

This is like saying you’ll never complete core Tyria without getting shield master, I got a bronze on every adventure, thus I consider HoT completed. I mean I’ve also zone completed each zone at least 8 times, and finished every HoT collection, except for Astralia and Chuka and Champawat, both of which I’ll eventually make.

Oh yeah, I still need migraine.

But you see that doesn’t mean you didn’t complete HoT, unless you mean you need every HOT achievement.

I don’t know anyone who got every core achievement, but I know a lot of people who feel like the completed core.

Individual collections that require adventures aren’t really a part of HoT. They’re separate entities, designed to give people reason to return to HoT after they’ve completed it, much like achievements in core zones.

Do you really need to get every auric weapon to say you’ve completed HoT? Every chak weapon? Every plated and machined weapon? I have all of them, but I felt like I completed HoT long before I did.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This is like saying you’ll never complete core Tyria without getting shield master,

Adventures are on the map. Weapon mastery isnt,

You can advance shield master, in theory, without ever performing a shield kill in core tyria.

Djinn.9245

Also, players who are in HoT will feel more MP pressure until they get to the LS3 maps. And if they don’t look up Mastery Points they may not realize how many will be available later.

Djinn.9245

In your opinion. I could also say that you didn’t really complete HoT until your character has actually been in every little space on the map. Obviously neither is counted as completion in any “official” way so it doesn’t matter.

Vayne.8563

This is like saying you’ll never complete core Tyria without getting shield master,

Adventures are on the map. Weapon mastery isnt,

You can advance shield master, in theory, without ever performing a shield kill in core tyria.

Scouts are on the map but you dont’ have to complete the scouts to complete a zone. Merchants are on the map. There are things on the map that you can interact with that don’t need to be interacted with.

They don’t count toward map complete. You can do them or you can ignore them, in the same way you ignore a trading post, crafting station, or anything else on the map.

More to the point, if I complete a hero point or mastery point, it’s marked off on the map. That doesn’t happen with an adventure.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Remove the adventure from collection. Is impossible complete specialization collection. Create collection dedicated to adventure e remove from other collection.

Hear, hear.

As someone else, more or less, said – I’m playing an MMO because that’s the type of game I want to play. And, that being the case, it can be as frustrating as… …kitten… to have things I’m likely to want to do as part of that MMO, like doing specialisation collections to get a profession-specific weapon, blocked by some arbitrary, skill-based mini-game that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game I bought, and that I happen to suck at.

I have no problem with the mini-games being there – like, e..g., SAB, I can do them or not as I feel (mostly “not”, as it turns out). Some of them were even fun, once or twice. I don’t even have problems if they give incidental rewards that I’ll probably never get. But frankly I begrudge their presence as part of the single route to things that feel like main content.

FrizzFreston.5290

In your opinion. I could also say that you didn’t really complete HoT until your character has actually been in every little space on the map. Obviously neither is counted as completion in any “official” way so it doesn’t matter.

Well if we’re counting only official completions… adventures are a part of that. So im not sure why youre talking about made up completions.

But youre right, one could also say that you completed HoT by just doing mapcompletion and story and everything else is just extra. Thus you don’t need adventures to complete HoT.

But for me, as long as i still have achievements to do then I havent completed HoT in my opinion yeah.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

But for me, as long as i still have achievements to do then I havent completed HoT in my opinion yeah.

Sure, no one can tell you how you prefer to roll. But just because you think you haven’t completed HoT doesn’t mean that other people view it the same. ANet doesn’t design the game to appeal to you or to me; they design to appeal to a broad spectrum of different sorts of player, of which we happen to be just two.

So there are miniatures that cannot be reasonably acquired by the most ardent completionist, without playing every mode and every day. And there are achievements which I’ll never get.

In essence, the game is designed to show us that most of us shouldn’t even bother trying to do ALL THE THINGS; instead, we should focus on doing stuff we like to do, for which we are typically well rewarded (even if we might be better rewarded doing something we enjoy less).

I’m not saying you have to approach this game differently from others; it’s your time & up to you how you want to spend it. Just the same, it’s not up to you (or I) to tell ANet that they have to redesign the game to align better with your preferences.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”