Race Change with HOT?

Race Change with HOT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I would like Gaily to ask the devs if there may will be the ability to change the race of your character.
If it will NOT come with this expansion please tell me, so I can already delete my character with the “wrong” race (it has 100% world completion that’s why I am waiting for this feature since a year now).
If it will well then I am happy ^^ (for ppl questioning why I have a 100% char with a race I don’t like: It was one of my first characters and now I hate it)

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Seems unlikely to me, since there are a bunch of race-based achievements.

Not that I care either way.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Why do you need to delete him? Just add another character and play that one now.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s not coming. seriously.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

No race change, ever. Just make a new character.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: achronis.3597

achronis.3597

Pretty sure you won’t be able to change your race. Your own living story works off of that. Just create a new character with the race you want.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: BDiesel.4327

BDiesel.4327

We get it… multiple threads the comments are the same, “it will change your living story.” Okay, then make the race change have you start your living story over.. or in HoT make it “Auto-fill” that you’ve completed the living story for your new race. Theses are just two ideas and there are plenty of workarounds other than (make a new character) why would anyone want to re-grind everything and lose their current items/transmutations etc.

I say this because I made a Charr necro and compared to every other race.. I HATE the attack animation and the fact you barely see the scythe animation when you attack(unlike humans who hold the staff upright) people have own their reasons for wanting to change. Arenanet would make an insane amount of money if they allowed race changes and its a simple implementation unless you over think it. Introducing HoT is the perfect time because its almost a fresh start. Being a F2P 1 time pay game, they need to realize the amount of revenue that they could earn from a relatively simple concept..

Don’t get lost in the clouds with “well, what about the living story etc” people who want the race change don’t care if they lose their living story or have to start it all over, the big of an issue is that they just want a new class and are willing to pay good money for it without losing everything else they’ve spent months/years to gain.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I “Race changed” the other week, it was rather painless, make my Charr, level him to 80 with books and such. The only thing I lost was profession and birthday rewards, everything else is either account bound or incredibly cheap to buy.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I would not recommend deleting your character even if you don’t like the race. If you do so, you’ll feel bad as birthday gifts keep piling up. The third birthday gift gave people access to dyes that are worth up to 1000 gold on the Trading Post, after all.

Spare yourself the pain and just get a new character slot, remaking that class on it.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m planning to “race change” my Revenant. A minute after character creation she will be level 80 and ready to get her new gear.

Born. Boom. Done. 5 minutes tops and no special coding required.

Why should ANet go through all the problems and bugs with a race changing option when they are practically throwing tomes at you?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Race Change with HOT?

Posted by: EylanaE.1579

EylanaE.1579

There are a lot of changes you can do with your character (total make over kits etc), but some things are difficult to get done for sure. Just simply changing the name of your character will need a Name Change Contract, a lot of gold, but worth it for those extra special ones.

A race change is something that is a lot more difficult than a name change, personal story wise mostly, so I definitely don’t think that is going to happen. IF it’s going to happen (and I really don’t think it will) it will cost a lot of gems and I don’t think it will be worth all that.

Best thing to do is keep that character, if only for the birthday gifts and world completion, and just create a new one. Buying a new character slot will be a lot more cheaper than the money needed for a race change AND you will keep your anniversary stuff (really worth it for sure).

Just for your info I levelled the my first, third and fourth character mostly with tomes of knowledge, because I didn’t like the class/playstile etc, really happy with the third year gifts tho.

Just get another slot

Just call me Fearan