Raiding progress tracking

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

So as I understand it and correct me if I’m wrong.
Raid progress tracking is only done on the 1st person that opens the raid.

Pardon me a.net but……

What if that person is not available next week ?

It sounds like I would have no option but to replay that 1st Boss all over again, or find someone that has done Boss 1 and has that progress tracked, instead of making progress on Boss 2 !

Isn’t this odd ?

How about tracking individual progress……..haza [mind blown sarcasm]

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So as I understand it and correct me if I’m wrong.
Raid progress tracking is only done on the 1st person that opens the raid.

Pardon me a.net but……

What if that person is not available next week ?

It sounds like I would have no option but to replay that 1st Boss all over again, or find someone that has done Boss 1 and has that progress tracked, instead of making progress on Boss 2 !

Isn’t this odd ?

How about tracking individual progress……..haza [mind blown sarcasm]

How about you be then first person in the raid next time its opened.

To me it sound as if you have 10 people and only 1 have done first boss the others havent done any if that 1 person go in first they skip first boss.

Would be funny if you go in and 3 in the raid are on first boss 3 on second and 4 on last how will you finish up then hu?

Edit
7 people stand there while 3 people try to do first boss would be hilarous to see

latinkuro.7304

I have an issue with your usage of the words next time
This is exactly the issue, how about track my raid progress regardless of who opened the kitten raid !

Why is that so difficult ? Technical limitation ? if yes, you should work on that very quickly.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s like how fractal progression is tracked. The one who enters first (instance starter) sets the level. For raids, they set which boss.

https://youtu.be/tM8cgQ42bMQ?t=6m54s

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

latinkuro.7304

It’s like how fractal progression is tracked. The one who enters first (instance starter) sets the level. For raids, they set which boss.

Nope, fractal progression is tracked individually regardless of who opens it.
the only thing determined by opener is the level you will be running.

Linken.6345

And this is the same thing monday night you run raid down boss nr1 with friends

wensday night someone want to do second boss but havent done first this week you being a good guy go in first and poff your at second boss. ( thats what I mean by next time bud ) Alto I see alot of abuse of people skiping the first two bosses only to kill the last, or what ever boss they want items from

Ayrilana.1396

Which part of the raid you go to is determined by who starts the instance just like fractals…

Either you’re not understanding what was said and making an issue over nothing or you need to clarify exactly what your problem is.

latinkuro.7304

Let me give you an example,

How fractals work: we all know this but still.

Say you go in and run a level 1 fractal, which you didn’t open but participated.
after clearing it, you’d be able to open a level 2 fractal, cause progress is tracked individually.

But the way they made it sound on stream was more like this:

You go in and clear Boss 1, you participated but didn’t open.
next time you wanna raid as an opener you’d NOT get the option for Boss 2 since progress is tracked ONLY by opener.

What this says to me is this:

You need someone that cleared and was also THE opener in order to actually get that progress recorded, as a participant only, your progress is NEVER saved.

That’s what it sounds like to me, and it is why I was asking for some clarification on the matter.

Ayrilana.1396

Say you go in and run a level 1 fractal, which you didn’t open but participated.
after clearing it, you’d be able to open a level 2 fractal, cause progress is tracked individually.

next time you wanna raid as an opener you’d NOT get the option for Boss 2 since progress is tracked ONLY by opener.

You need someone that cleared and was also THE opener in order to actually get that progress recorded, as a participant only, your progress is NEVER saved.

That’s what it sounds like to me, and it is why I was asking for some clarification on the matter.

I didn’t see that at all.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Yes from what I heard, if your entire raid killed the first boss, in theory all 10 of you could then open a new instance with the first boss killed.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You are misunderstanding.

It tracks everyones individual progress. But the position you start in the raid is determined by the progress of the opener.

Theres nothing wrong with this system that i can see. It should work perfectly and allow for people to swap players and still carry on where they left off (even if the initial opener is gone). Or restart from the beginning if they want to.

Linken.6345

Its kinda fun I dident even watch the clip and understand what was said you watched it I guess.

They start to talk about your question here

https://youtu.be/tM8cgQ42bMQ?t=433

Then specificaly answer your problem here

https://youtu.be/tM8cgQ42bMQ?t=472

Edit
They say if you bring a new player with you the second day they will start at the second boss if your group have killed the first boss the day before unless the new player run in first.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You’re question was already answered. The opener determines the progress. Progress is saved individually.

It does however beg the question:

If a new guys starts the raid at wing with some friends 3 and beats the boss with a group, can he now also opt to start on wing 2, even though he’s never finished wing 1 or even played 2?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

You’re question was already answered. The opener determines the progress. Progress is saved individually.

It does however beg the question:

If a new guys starts the raid at wing with some friends 3 and beats the boss with a group, can he now also opt to start on wing 2, even though he’s never finished wing 1 or even played 2?

You will not need to finnish wing 1 to go in wing 2. It will just ask you on start what wing you want, like in dungeons ask you do you want go story mode or explorable.