Rate your Adventures

Rate your Adventures

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Alaya.8765

Alaya.8765

Well I have not seen a post like this and I would like to know what you guys think about it. (personal score in points 1 to 10 with 10 being best)

Verdant Brink:

Tendril Torchers
Fun: 5
Difficulty: 6
Would do again: 5

Bugs in the Branches
Fun: 3
Difficulty: 7
Would do again: 3

Flying Circus
Fun: 4
Difficulty: 5
Would do again: 2

Shooting Gallery
Fun: 7
Difficulty: 9
Would do again: 7

Salvage Pit
Difficulty: 2

Auric Basin:

The Floor Is Lava?
Fun: 6
Difficulty: 8-9

On Wings of Gold
Difficulty: 4
Would do again: 6

Sanctum Scramble

Fallen Masks
Fun: 2
Difficulty: 10
Would do again: 1

A Fungus Among Us

Tangled Depths:

The Ley-Line Run
Fun: 9
Would do again: 9

Drone Race
Did not to until now

Beetle Feast
Did not to until now

Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle
Did not to until now

Scrap Rifle Field Test
Did not to until now

So well there are 2 things I would like to additionally say.
- It sucks that you have no information like: “If you lack mastery xy it could be near impossible /simply impossible etc.”
- Insane Rng in some of them. Fallen Masks my best example. my best try was 22/25 and I do not think that I do so many mistakes or am to dumb to chose correct ways to lose like 20 seconds. But you simply are bitter if after like a few dozen tries you got 22 as best one. (And you look at videos where people did kinda kitten up 1 or 2 times and still got gold cause heavenly spawns)

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: rondeelu.6953

rondeelu.6953

I was thinking about making a thread like this too! Overall, I’m really enjoying the adventures, however some of the harder ones have caused me a lot of grief.

Verdant Brink:

Tendril Torchers
Would do again: 8

Bugs in the Branches
Would do again: 6

Flying Circus

Shooting Gallery

Salvage Pit

Auric Basin:

The Floor Is Lava?
Would do again: 1

On Wings of Gold

Sanctum Scramble
Difficulty: 8

Fallen Masks

A Fungus Among Us

Tangled Depths:

The Ley-Line Run

Drone Race

Beetle Feast

Have not attempted

Scrap Rifle Field Test

Comments:
- The Floor is Lava? took me WAY too long to do. My internet connection is not great so at times my glider wouldn’t open, sometimes the spores wouldn’t activate, the mushrooms, etc. It got annoying.
- Surprisingly, I didn’t find Fallen Masks all that irritating. It took me awhile, but I enjoyed it much more than The Floor is Lava?.
- My favourite so far is Drone Race! I’d say it’s not so easy that you’d get gold every time (or at least the first time), but not so hard it would take you over an hour to achieve. Adventures like those are the types I’ll be attempting every so often when I pass by them on the map.

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

All of my adventures are perfect 10s. They could fill seven seasons of television with all of the exciting and interesting things I do on a daily basis.

I don’t even watch television or read books anymore because I’m actually much more interesting than fiction at this point. People that know me constantly tell me how much fun I am to watch, and how they can’t wait to see what new adventures I get in to.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Tendril Torchers
Fun, but it’s a tad easy. I also wish you could aim the flamethrower more upwards (you can kinda angle it up, but you can’t use #1 to hit stuff directly above you, afaik)

Bugs in the Branches
A bit frustrating with the platforms, I feel i’m constantly just randomly sliding off. otherwise, it’s fun

Flying Circus
It’s enjoyable, but I haven’t unlocked anything past updraft so not much comment on it

Shooting Gallery
It’s nice, but i wish the gun shot a bit more accurately. it feels like when I use the action camera, it shot a little bit off of the crosshair

Salvage Pit
It’s fun, but way too easy.

The Floor Is Lava?
It’s alright, but I wish the pods worked a bit better. It’s also way too difficult to get gold. an extra ~15 seconds would help a lot

On Wings of Gold
Fun, but also pretty easy.

Sanctum Scramble
I enjoyed it, but I wish the skills functioned a bit better. also maybe a bit too difficult, but mostly because of me having to fight with the skills

Fallen Masks
fun, but as with some others, way too hard

A Fungus Among Us
I enjoyed it, but i wish the water mechanic didn’t exist. it feels like a big “screw you, get this mastery”. having the mushrooms as a speed boost by itself is fine though.

The Ley-Line Run
it’s pretty enjoyable

Drone Race
frustrating, but also pretty enjoyable

Beetle Feast
it would be very enjoyable, but the problem is that it’s super easy until the very last room, where it just gets annoying. I also wish you could restart it like all the other adventures (hitting reset doesn’t seem to do anything)

haven’t played it yet, but from what i’ve heard, it’s way too difficult

Scrap Rifle Field Test
Haven’t played this one either.

I’m not really a fan of the X/10 system, so I just summarized my thoughts on each. I also replay all of them every day for the bonus XP, so I don’t really have a “would do it again” rating.

overall, I really enjoy adventures. I sort of wish they’d make more/turn certain base tyria events/jp’s into adventures.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

Haywire punch o matic, you pretty much need to be a meth freak on caffeine to do this..I give up on it.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Going to replace the “Would do again” with some detail after the adventure title.

Verdant Brink:
Tendril Torchers: Daily for xp

Bugs in the Branches: Ignoring

Flying Circus: Daily for xp
Difficulty: 3

Shooting Gallery: Ignoring

Salvage Pit: Daily for xp

Auric Basin:
The Floor Is Lava?: Ignoring

On Wings of Gold: Ignoring

Sanctum Scramble: Ignoring

Fallen Masks: Ignoring

A Fungus Among Us: Ignoring

Tangled Depths:
The Ley-Line Run: Ignoring
Fun: 1

Drone Race: Skipped

Beetle Feast: Daily for xp

Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle: Skipped

Scrap Rifle Field Test: Ignoring

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Verdant Brink:
Tendril Torchers : Pretty fun. easy gold when you know the path.

Bugs in the Branches: Pretty fun. easy gold when you know the path.

Flying Circus: Good enough. easy gold when you get Advanced gliding.

Shooting Gallery : Too many thing in my way but I’m getting hang of it. Might get gold someday.

Salvage Pit : Daily xp

Auric Basin:
The Floor Is Lava? : Not know the path yet . Not so fun

On Wings of Gold : Fun and Daily xp

Sanctum Scramble: Fun enough. Just hate some tiny platforms and you get in combat speed for a sec after use 2.

Fallen Masks : Getting hang of it..but too RNG for me to get gold.

A Fungus Among Us : Fun in concept but for people with 300 ping movement is kinda weird. Got gold once though.

Tangled Depths:
The Ley-Line Run : FUN~~~~~~~

Drone Race : Easy daily xp after you unlocked poison lore.

Beetle Feast : Once you know mushroom location. It’s pretty nice fun.

Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle : Last adventure that I can’t get silver. Dash skill for my connection is always weird .

Scrap Rifle Field Test : Use the most kitten bundle item in the game to shoot the heck out of the chaks ? FUN FOR SURE!! and it’s required a fair amount of skill to get gold too. Feel so good after I beat it~~

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

My favorite adventure of all time so far is the Salvage Pit.

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I find them all way too hard. I rarely even get bronze. They’re entertaining, but I’m really not very good at these types of arcade games.

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’ll just say that my by-far favorites so far have been the races, gliding or foot. Sanctum Scramble probably takes the top right now, followed by Fungus, Flying Circus and Ley Line. Still haven’t done Wings of Gold or Drone.

EDIT: And let me just add the Adventures are for me probably the best thing in GW2 since guild puzzles and JPs. Good job Anet! This is what the Renown Hearts should have been like.

One – Piken Square

(edited by Tom Gore.4035)

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

after getting gold in all except Haywire..

Tendril Torchers:
Difficulty – 3
Fun – 8
This is a good introductory adventure, requires learning a simple route and doesn’t have any frustrating mechanics.

Bugs in the Branches:
Difficulty – 5
Fun – 4
A lot less fun than burning things in tendril torchers, this is a decent test of basic jumping and gliding but altogether an unsatisfying experience. It needs some angry ravens or something to mess you up.

Flying Circus:
Difficulty – 4
Fun – 6
The issue with this adventure is it’s tuned around 5 gliding mastery to be able to stealth the frogs, glide the long gap and make the timer. Assuming you have those masteries, it’s fairly fun.

Shooting Gallery:
Difficulty – 9
Fun – 3
This really needs to be instanced. Currently it is only available in the time between training Faren and night falling, which is not long for a difficult adventure. Also other players standing in the line of sight makes things awkward. There should at least be a mechanic like the clock tower which makes other players invisible. The RNG needed for gold is not fun; if the targets are going to be RNG-based they should at least exclude the one that spawns behind the rock, requiring 5 seconds of movement from the area the rest can be hit from. And why does it sometimes give pairs of targets after about 27 targets, and sometimes not until 33? Is this just more RNG or is there some hidden mechanic (shoot them from further away). The best I got in this for ages was 37 and was constantly getting tries of 34-37, then suddenly I had “good RNG” and got 40 with 5 seconds left on the clock..

Salvage Pit:
Difficulty – 0
Fun – 9
I love red circles and tentacles, so this is automatically fun. Difficulty goes from 0 to 9 when there are dead players on top of the scraps.

The Floor Is Lava?:
Difficulty – 8
Fun – 6
Getting thrown up in the air constantly is kind of a bit fun, but sometimes you randomly get the lava dot which means you need to restart. Spores have a bug which immobilises you if you dodge into them and click during animation, which is not fun. The timer and route here is tight. I couldn’t find a better way than fennec’s video (except skipping the one kick half way through and doing it on the turnback to get the speed mushroom again, which may knock off about 0.2 seconds) and the margin for error is close to zero. Probably impossible for anyone with a bit of lag.

On Wings of Gold:
Difficulty – 2
Fun – 5
Feels a little like Bugs in the Branches, but a bit more forgiving. Fairly forgettable. As with the other Auric ones this is often locked for no reason (window around octovine).

Sanctum Scramble:
Difficulty – 6
Fun – 4
So there’s a jumping puzzle but you mainly just use the 1-2 combo or 3 to skip it. This one seems a bit tacked-on.

Fallen Masks:
Difficulty – 9
Fun – 2
As with shooting gallery this screws you with the random patterns. But it’s even worse, because you’re not left thinking “I could have overcome that bad RNG, if only I’d sniped 4 targets in 4 seconds right before it”. Instead you suffer the pain and indignity of watching the timer decrease as your character moves perfectly to the other side of the room while hope drains away. Learning the optimal routes to some of them and including speed mushrooms is a challenge but not particularly fun. The best advice is to remember to use your elite skill hotkey to end the adventure quickly when it screws you.

A Fungus Among Us:
Difficulty – 7
Fun – 6
This has the two most clunky 1 and 2 skills ever but does have a level of comedy fun to it. Not a hard route to learn but can go wrong quite easily due to aforementioned clunky skills.

The Ley-Line Run:
Difficulty – 2
Fun – 7
Seems intimidating at first but a short and painless gold run once you know the route. The one gold jumpy thing annoyingly half-buried in the rock can be skipped and you can still get gold in time. Just, er, make sure the camera is facing the right way when you start it.

Drone Race:
Difficulty – 5
Fun – 6
I like the high risk, high reward, charge skill in this. Still don’t know why the last jump randomly kills you half the time.

Beetle Feast:
Difficulty – 5
Fun – 5
This provides quite an imaginative set of skills, but the sheer amount of skill powerups en-route means you can overuse them without much thought as long as you have some for the first wall and the end. Also seems like someone else can kill the monsters (it’s a hero point after all) to make it very easy. It’s not bad, but easy to forget it exists due to its location.

Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle:
Difficulty – 11
Fun – 6
It would be good to hear from the devs if this is broken/impossible with the current timer or if everybody is just doing it wrong.

Scrap Rifle Field Test:
Difficulty – 7
Fun – 7
This is a really good example of a challenging adventure with no RNG. Spent at least 5 hours finding a good route (hint, you can glide to the other side of the platform the first mushroom takes you from the second (first left) mushroom, so you don’t need to run all the way back to the first mushroom) but you can do it with room for error once you have the route and mechanics nailed.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I never managed to get gold on bugs and tenrdils, find them hard, yet you all rate them rather low. How the kitten do i get gold for tendrils, I am always running out of time. And I am by no means an unexperienced jump n run platform gamer.

Edit: okay watched a video, seems I missed a lot at the beginning (ceiling and inside the airship).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Rate your Adventures

Tom Gore.4035

after getting gold in all except Haywire..

Flying Circus:
Difficulty – 4
Fun – 6
The issue with this adventure is it’s tuned around 5 gliding mastery to be able to stealth the frogs, glide the long gap and make the timer. Assuming you have those masteries, it’s fairly fun.

Doable with just lean techniques, but recommend a tough class like warrior to ignore the sharpshooters. Alternatively have a friend go just before you and draw their fire.

One – Piken Square

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Scrapyard felt way too easy when I ran around alone and I easily got all 30 for gold. Of course, not record breaking by any means… but super simple. Do not see any reason to go back.

Bugs in Branches seems a good challenge but once you figure out the route, I bet it is easy. Still count it as medium to me as my five attempts still only got me to silver.

Tendril Torching… frustrating trying to know where all the vines are as many of them blend in or are so small you miss them… then, without a guide, I have yet to figure out where to go. I only barely got silver and likely will not go back till I watch a guide.

Shooting Gallery… I want to stab someone for this. I used to play a LOT of CS:S in college and this… this is harder >.< It took me forever just to get bronze. So far, this is the one I will try to get gold on last.

Ley-Line Run… after seeing it on the release countdown video, I wanted to play it and beat that 34s time… best I have gotten is 37s and I spent nearly an hour doing it over and over… easily the most fun one to me and something I will go back to once all the birthday boosters wear off.

I have yet to do any of the others. Based on reading this thread, I will wait until I have speed mushroom unlocked.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I have only done the adventures in VB and AB and I will say although sharpshooter and the floor is lava are frustrating when trying to gold them they can still be fun after you finally get gold if you just doing them for dailies. Just do your best for the daily exp off silver and bronze. I havent yet managed gold on fallen masks but I feel its more just a matter of getting lucky with the spawns than me doing something wrong.

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

Verdant Brink:

Tendril Torchers
Basically just tests your ability to dodge bombs once you have a route down. This one is easy enough to get on farm, but took effort to figure it out. I think usually I’m battling the flamethrower instead of the tendrils, sometimes stuff just doen’t want to burn. Maybe action mode makes it easier to aim?

Bugs in the Branches
Fun: 8
I love gliding adventures. Bugs is great because you can get gold on it with only updraft, but once you get lean techniques it opens up a ton for you. It’s easy to get on farm with 100% gold success rate, but I enjoy actually doing it, and really enjoyed figuring it out.

Flying Circus
This adventure unfortunately is mechanically frustrating at times, and success is basically a matter of if you have advanced gliding. Updrafts that you have trouble getting out of and snipers that are hard to dodge even with stealth really drag down the fun factor here. It should feel like a race, where you’re zooming through rings in the sky, but instead you’re just battleing mechanics and feel like you’re doing slowly. There’s lots of missed opportunity here with the powerups.

Shooting Gallery
This has a few issues and the gold rank requirement seems too high. Extra targets only start to spawn late into the game, but they should probably start a little sooner. There’s issues with the adventure not being open very often, character height mattering, and invisible hitboxes on stuff blocking your shots. Shooting and aiming is fun, but there’s too much that gets in the way of that.

Salvage Pit
Fun: 0
Difficulty: 0
Adventures just don’t work if they’re this easy. I got gold on the first try without even realizing that I needed to pick up every scrap. I had to walk back across the arena for the last few. Tendrils tend to just shoot where you are, so you can keep walking forward and be fine. You just have to dodge the pbaoe attack. If the tendrils actually made it so you can’t walk from one salvage to the next but had to route around them, it’d be fun. I’d do this daily just for the easy farm, but it’s also not open all that often.

Auric Basin:

The Floor Is Lava?
I don’t have the route down for this yet, and have come up to 3 shy of gold. I like the mechanics of it (as long as you have poison mastery and speed mastery), but it may be a bit too tightly tuned. The other problem is that the complex routes to figure out are near the end of the puzzle, so it takes extra time to test routes out.

On Wings of Gold
Difficulty: 0
Got gold on the first try with tons of time to spare. Flying and collecting dots is fun, and the constant redeployment of the glider this adventure has you do is great, but adventures with zero difficulty feel lacking. There’s a lot of route optimization that could happen with this puzzle, but there’s no reason that you ever need to do so. I’ll have it on farm anyways.

Sanctum Scramble
Fun: 10
Favorite adventure. The egg skills are fun, and needing to use them efficiently is a great contrast to when you fumbled through them in the story step. There’s a few clever tricks and route optimizing to figure out here, but it’s not that tightly tuned. I’ve got it on 100% gold farm, but I have a blast every time I do it.

Fallen Masks
After much trying I managed a gold on this. I enjoy the mechanics of it; learn the mushrooms, learn the spawn patterns, get good at quickly figuring out which one spawned next. There’s too much speed optimization needed though. You have to do little tricks like starting with speed mushroom active, dodge rolling off of platforms to fall faster, running with speed mushroom instead of gliding since it’s a tiny bit faster, and most of all just optimizing how you grab the masks. These things that you need to do aren’t the fun part, and they shouldn’t be so critical on top of an RNG element. You should be able to grab masks while flying, too. Great adventure, but the tuning is off.

A Fungus Among Us
The main challenge here is how wonky the mushroom skills are. It took some trying to figure out the gold path, but it’s not particularly interesting. I haven’t gone back to it since.

Tangled Depths:

The Ley-Line Run
Maybe it’s because the devs showed the optimized path on stream, but this one feels too simple. It should be longer, and should have more choices in how to get around. I’d also like if it required more jumping. Just blinking around isn’t too compelling. 100% on farm, and cool concept, but the magic is missing for me.

Drone Race
Difficulty: 1
Animations are clunky and it’s too easy. There’s barely any mechanics to using the car, so I don’t see how they could make it any harder. Cool idea, but this adventure is just miles away from being any good. 100% gold farmable at least I guess.

Beetle Feast
This one is a case of skill overload. There’s so many tooltips to read, and remembering which button does what when in a hurry isn’t the best. That said, it’s easy to get gold without even using your skills to their fullest potential. The blink skill (3) is really cool, forcing you to quickly cast it to maximize it, but it feels out of place here. If that was part of ley-line run it’d make much more sense, and you’d actually have to use it to traverse rock islands. Here it’s just whatever. Run around, grab mushrooms, get easy gold and call it a day.

Mechanics just punish you here. There’s chak guys right in front of you with barely any health, but you have to like back up then punch them? Skill 1 should be an in-place punch. The concept is cool, and some of the skills are cool, but as a whole you’re fighting the golem instead of fighting the chak. Add that to very tough tuning and it loses my interest a bit. I spent like an hour working it out till I got silver, and called it there.

Scrap Rifle Field Test
I haven’t done this one yet, it’s usually blocked off, and for a while I didn’t know where it was because there’s no icon on the map for it (same issue for punch-o-matic).

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Are mastery points locked behind this rubbish?

Rate your Adventures

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

Verdant Brink:

Tendril Torchers – Silver
Fun: 3 (for some reason I can’t make the flamethrower jet display consistantly with any graphics settings in 32 or 64 bit)

Bugs in the Branches – Gold

Flying Circus – no ranking
Difficulty: 8 (tried a few times I just don’t understand it to get copper, having to watch a video to figure it out means it’s not my style)

Shooting Gallery – Silver
Fun: 1
Would do again: 1 (I do not like action cam)

Salvage Pit – Gold
Fun: 5~8 (more people = more fun!)
————————————————————————————————————————————-
Auric Basin:

The Floor Is Lava? – Silver
Difficulty: 8-9

On Wings of Gold – Gold
Difficulty: 1

Sanctum Scramble – Silver
Would do again: 2 (the fun would go way up if you could use dragon skills from glider)

Fallen Masks – Silver
Would do again: 3 (a bit more leniency would be nice)

A Fungus Among Us – Gold
————————————————————————————————————————————-
Tangled Depths:

The Ley-Line Run – Silver

Drone Race – Gold

Beetle Feast – Silver (best run was 28/30, and walked past 2 I didn’t see, totally possible)
Fun: 3~8 (fun with friends, frustrating solo)

Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle – Bronze
Would do again: 3 (it shouldn’t feel like I can do it faster if I took the suit off)

Scrap Rifle Field Test – Bronze
Would do again: 4 (I might be missing a gimmick to speed up the cooldown on the gun, but otherwise waiting is lame)

Rate your Adventures

Tom Gore.4035

Are mastery points locked behind this rubbish?

Only two per adventure

One – Piken Square