Razah?

Razah?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So with the introduction of Revenant, do you think we will eventually meet Razah in GW2?

Razah has been one of the biggest mysterys of GW1 even to this day with a lot of question about him never answered in GW1. Ok basically every single question was never answered.

Every hero and heroine in GW1 had there own origins explained and explored providing even hints to what may have happened to them after GW1 but Razah still remains the mystery out of all of them.

With him being basically the original Revenant of GW, it would be interesting if Razah becomes part of the GW2 Main Storyline and we get to explore more about Razah’s lore.

Attachments:

Razah?

Posted by: Sinistral.5782

Sinistral.5782

I believe that someone in the mist teach rytlock all the revanant stuff and that someone is Razah.

Razah?

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

he looks creepy

Razah?

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Wait, how is Razah the original revenant? The only thing special about him was that you could change his profession.

Razah?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Razah was a Rit in GW1. He was intended to be able to change his beforehand, however this was removed.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Razah?

EdwinLi.1284

Wait, how is Razah the original revenant? The only thing special about him was that you could change his profession.

I’m refering to how his lore is like the basic Revenant of mythology due to being a type of Undead being born from the Mist.

While in mythology the Revenant are depicted as Undead beings or malevolent creatures, Razah is more of a unknown due to his lack of understanding of living beings and emotions so he never became a Malevolent being.

He also has a unusually ability to communicate with Spirits thanks to his connection to the Mist as a Being born from the Mist.

Razah was a Rit in GW1. He was intended to be able to change his beforehand, however this was removed.

I never really got to try that function out back in GW1 due to not knowing about it. Though guess it was for the best since Razah was the only Rit Hero companion back then, before the other Rit heroes were introduced, and the Rit Profession suited his lore more due to being a being from the Mist.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Razah?

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

But rytlock never died. The revenants in this game never died and became a revenant.

Razah?

EdwinLi.1284

But rytlock never died. The revenants in this game never died and became a revenant.

You’re missing my point. I’m talking about Razah.

GW2 lore so far mentions Revenant are beings with Strong connections to the Mist which gives them their power as a Revenant which either through training or having a natural connection to the Mist.

Razah being a Revenant in GW2 fits the part that he has a natural connection to the Mist while Rytlock obtained his connection to the Mist through his experience in the Mist which falls into the training aspect.

A person does not need to be dead nor alive to be a Revenant in GW2. They just need to have the ability to connect to the Mist which gives them their powers.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Razah?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

It would be very disappointing if not so ..

GW2 needs alot more nostalgia so that we can see better the connections between both games!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Razah?

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Razah was not undead, he was created from the same source as demons are created.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Razah

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Razah?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I have to say I am confused at linking Razah with Revenants. I do however share your desire to see Razah in GW2 since he is one of a handful of beings that could actually still be around. ArenaNet has hadnled the inclusion of characters that could be around quite poorly. Yeah, you wanna make a game that stands on its own, but to me the greater lore of the franchise is more important. Characters like Razah help to tie things together.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though. The story in this series unfolds way too slowly for my tastes. We are 3 years into the game and we still haven’t seen any actual Livia yet. Like confirmed Livia talkin to my character, “Hey! I’m Livia!” type stuff. She is way more important to the overall story and we’ve seen nothing. Razah may never show up and it would be a shame.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Razah?

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

It would be very disappointing if not so ..

GW2 needs alot more nostalgia so that we can see better the connections between both games!

If it’s done well, I agree.

Most of what I’ve seen so far has… not been.

There have been a couple of moments when I felt something that drew me back to the first game, but not a lot.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Razah?

EdwinLi.1284

I have to say I am confused at linking Razah with Revenants. I do however share your desire to see Razah in GW2 since he is one of a handful of beings that could actually still be around. ArenaNet has hadnled the inclusion of characters that could be around quite poorly. Yeah, you wanna make a game that stands on its own, but to me the greater lore of the franchise is more important. Characters like Razah help to tie things together.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though. The story in this series unfolds way too slowly for my tastes. We are 3 years into the game and we still haven’t seen any actual Livia yet. Like confirmed Livia talkin to my character, “Hey! I’m Livia!” type stuff. She is way more important to the overall story and we’ve seen nothing. Razah may never show up and it would be a shame.

As said before with Razah being something that has a natural connection to the Mist, him returning as a Revenant Profession would be possible in GW2.

He originally took on the Role as a Rit in GW1 due to his natural connection to the Mists and with Revenant Profession’s nature as a Profession used by those who have a connection to the Mist and can manipulate the Mist Razah’s return as Revenant is possible.

As for his role in a return for GW2 I doubt is role will be big but just enough to expand on the game storyline like Ogden role in Season 2 unless Anet has other plans.