Re-design the Glider

Re-design the Glider

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Catiine.3149

Catiine.3149

I really dislike the current look of the hang glider. It looks like they didn’t put any effort into its design. They should redesign it to something more appealing like ArcheAge’s glider for example. It would be nice if we were able to customize the hang gliders (not just change colours).

And I can’t get over how tiny it looks too xkitten

he only one that feels this way?

Attachments:

(edited by Catiine.3149)

Re-design the Glider

Catiine.3149

Or a design similar to this hang glider.

Attachments:

(edited by Catiine.3149)

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

I’m hoping that the glider shown is just the starter glider and perhaps we can get different ones that offer strictly cosmetic advantages.

Re-design the Glider

Catiine.3149

Me too. I would be really disappointed if they kept the current design.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

At least Archeage did one thing right,and that is the glider.
Just AWESOME,unfortunately the game is…weird…for me at least. It feels way less fluid than GW2,even GW1 has better movement imo.

Oh,Mounts are also another + to Archeage,they are very,hm,“realistic”,the horses are very similar to the ones in Red Dead Redemption (which FOCUSED on horses),for a game that the focus isn’t horses,they did an amazing job.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Dhampyr.2813

Dhampyr.2813

I think there is a good chance for them to add cosmetic gliders. If they don’t they are clearly missing the opportunity to add them to the gem store

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m guessing the glider is drab because the gem store will have cosmetic skins.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

Yes, please. It is really… unappealing. Too small, odd shape, doesn’t feel epic and awesome. Feels tiny like it would crumble on anyone except maybe a small asura. Also, just not pretty. :\

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’m guessing the glider is drab because the gem store will have cosmetic skins.

Is there any doubt?

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

For the love of god will people stop comparing gw2 gliders to archages? They’re not used for the same purpose.
The glider is small because we’re not gonna be flying with it everywhere, its supposed to be a way to cross gaps you couldn’t otherwise, not kittening go laps around a tree root or smth.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I actually prefer the GW2 glider much more than the Archage glider. The gliders in GW2 are supposed to be portable and quick to deploy, and that is exactly what they look like. Unlike the bulky things in Archage, which look like they need time to put together. The GW2 glider looks like it can be quickly opened and folder away.

I would be very surprised if we do not get glider skins at some stage after release, but I cannot see us getting archage style gliders, as I think Anet prefer to create their own designs, if they can help it, rather than copying someone elses.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

OP: Why do you think that this will be the only design?

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

For the love of god will people stop comparing gw2 gliders to archages? They’re not used for the same purpose.
The glider is small because we’re not gonna be flying with it everywhere, its supposed to be a way to cross gaps you couldn’t otherwise, not kittening go laps around a tree root or smth.

well, at least they could have some semblance to gear that would actually be able to fulfill that purpose. Suspension of disbelief and all that being fine, those things are really not in any way near being convincing in terms of form or size.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I hope they find a way to make our backpiece skins become gliders so they would have a purpose other than for show.

Re-design the Glider

Catiine.3149

@leviathan I don’t know. It may or may not be what it is currently but I haven’t heard anything about any changes yet, until then, fingers crossed hoping it’s not going to be like that.:D

@Samhaim I also posted another image of a real life glider for example. They are both tools used for gliding so i don’t understand how they are different. Just because it’s short distance travel does that mean no effort should be put into its design?

(edited by Catiine.3149)

Re-design the Glider

Catiine.3149

@Rin I also posted another image of a real life glider. It doesn’t have to look exactly like archeage’s glider for legal purposes, but make the current one look attractive. Improvise. I know you like the look of it, everyone has different taste. To me it looks awful because they look like worn out paper wings, stiff, and ugly. No uniqueness xd

(edited by Catiine.3149)

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

I love that they are adding gliders but I hate how they look honestly. They are wayy to small, impractically looking so and just look kinda gross in my opinion. If they made them slightly bigger and didn’t make them look like burlap sacks I would be happy.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

You can bet money that additional skins will be available. The only real question should that should be asked is whether new skins will be gem store exclusive.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I love that they are adding gliders but I hate how they look honestly. They are wayy to small, impractically looking so and just look kinda gross in my opinion. If they made them slightly bigger and didn’t make them look like burlap sacks I would be happy.

Gem store. There will be your larger, prettier gliders. The one in game is ugly for a reason.

ANet Is going to make a ton of money on pretty gliders.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

as long as i can get wings (both angelic and demonic) i am fine.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

OP: Why do you think that this will be the only design?

Because the design has made it this far into production.

Re-design the Glider

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Yes remake the thing that you haven’t fully revealed yet. Also please scrap the 6th playable race, because it’s way out of line with the game lore. And you need to drastically rethink the direction you’re going with the 2nd expansion.