Reaching the top layer?

Reaching the top layer?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I was under the impression that we would be able to reach the top layer of the map and test it, atm i have jump shrooms and gliding, halfway to updraft. So how do i get there?

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nope.
Only the middle-layer being available in this beta.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: RaymondFung.2805

RaymondFung.2805

You are good. But I just keep falling from the cliff when I need jump to get a master point.

If there is no portal from mesmer, I know that i may never get there as I am good at falling but not jumping

(edited by RaymondFung.2805)

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

You are good. But I just keep falling from the cliff when I need jump to get a master point

Build up your basic gliding mastery and glide to it. I’m still trying to figure out how to get the one on top of the rocks.

Reaching the top layer?

Fox.3469

Nope.

Where do you get this info?

Reaching the top layer?

lordkrall.7241

Hm, was sure I read it in the blog, but can’t seem to find it. But yeah, having spent a rather large amount of hours there without finding any way whatsoever to get to the top layer would very much suggest that it is not available.

But on the other hand: Where did you get the info that the top layer would be accessible?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

You are good. But I just keep falling from the cliff when I need jump to get a master point

Build up your basic gliding mastery and glide to it. I’m still trying to figure out how to get the one on top of the rocks.

I am not sure if it’s the correct way, but you can hop up and tap F at just the right moment, and then get the point even though your not standing on it.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Nope.

From https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-first-beta-weekend-event-begins-august-7/

“From there, they will land in Verdant Brink, the first map of the expansion, where about 25 percent of the total playable space of that first map will be available to play. You’ll be able to train your Masteries in the jungle region as you play through the story and event content available in Verdant Brink.”

and

“And finally, we’ve done a lot of work since the closed beta test to continue progressing the nighttime meta-event within the jungle-floor-biome experience”

The rest is deducting the available info. We have acccess to almost half of verdant brinks during the beta just looking at the flat map. So the other two layers are obviously locked (or only partly available)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nope.

Colin stated that fact in the most recent PoI. Only the jungle floor is available in the beta…no canopy, no roots/underground.

Reaching the top layer?

Fox.3469

so i guess unlocking the glider updraft will only be usefull in the next weekend

Reaching the top layer?

lordkrall.7241

so i guess unlocking the glider updraft will only be usefull in the next weekend

Based on the blog it sounds like we won’t really get much more than this for BWEs actually, so don’t assume we will have top and/or bottom layer next time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reaching the top layer?

Fox.3469

Based on the blog it sounds like we won’t really get much more than this for BWEs actually, so don’t assume we will have top and/or bottom layer next time.

I honestly don’t believe they will launch without seriously testing the updraft mechanic, since it’s fairly important, and seeing how much the jump shrooms are hilariously bugging out.

Reaching the top layer?

lordkrall.7241

I honestly don’t believe they will launch without seriously testing the updraft mechanic, since it’s fairly important, and seeing how much the jump shrooms are hilariously bugging out.

BWE != every single beta ever.

They are doing plenty of testing behind the scenes.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reaching the top layer?

Fox.3469

BWE != every single beta ever.

They are doing plenty of testing behind the scenes.

I’m not stupid, i know this. However something as important as transitioning layers and movement troughout will be tested more. There’s a reason they are letting us keep the characters for next bwe.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m pretty sure Colin said they won’t be releasing the canopy or underground during the beta events. But, maybe they will change their minds.

Good luck.

Reaching the top layer?

lordkrall.7241

I’m not stupid, i know this. However something as important as transitioning layers and movement troughout will be tested more. There’s a reason they are letting us keep the characters for next bwe.

Aye, and that reason is that Masteries actually take some time to level.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

You use updraft with the fire-smoke from the wreckage below to float the extra few feet up to it. Unlock that first.

I watched so many poor souls trying so hard to get it and kinda laughing inside because of how obvious they made it (to me) but hard to figure out to the average player. They should prolly add a description within the mastery that mentions you use the heat from fires (you see them all over) to updraft.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Reaching the top layer?

Fox.3469

You use updraft with the fire-smoke from the wreckage below to float the extra few feet up to it. Unlock that first.

I watched so many poor souls trying so hard to get it and kinda laughing inside because of how obvious they made it (to me) but hard to figure out to the average player. They should prolly add a description within the mastery that mentions you use the heat from fires (you see them all over) to updraft.

I unlocked updraft, doesn’t seem to work

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I have unlocked updraft, but it does not work for me. I tried it right after reading your post.

If you stand near/under it, jump/run angainst the rock and press F at the same time. Maybe you need a few tries to find the exact position und timing. After a few tries it worked for everyone in my map.

Reaching the top layer?

Pompeia.5483

I have unlocked updraft, but it does not work for me. I tried it right after reading your post.

If you stand near/under it, jump/run angainst the rock and press F at the same time. Maybe you need a few tries to find the exact position und timing. After a few tries it worked for everyone in my map.

Hmm, that is disappointing then. Maybe it is not fully functional or glitched? I cannot believe it is their intent for you to spam ‘F’ and get lucky

I have yet to unlock updraft so I had not had a chance to try yet.

Reaching the top layer?

Zok.4956

Hmm, that is disappointing then. Maybe it is not fully functional or glitched? I cannot believe it is their intent for you to spam ‘F’ and get lucky

I have yet to unlock updraft so I had not had a chance to try yet.

You need rank 3 in gliding (leaning forward) and with that it is very easy.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

I’m not sure I’m very good as a beta tester. I actually look for glitches and shortcuts to obtain goals in ways that were never intended by the devs. If I can get a mastery point commune by jumping up and basically stealing it, I will… laugh at me all you want… I got my point even if I didn’t have the level of skill I was supposed to. “But that’s cheating” you might say. Maybe… but IRL I would say isn’t this the way most people act?

Every liitle “cheat” and shortcut we find adds to the list of bugs and oversights in the design of the game. Of course, I reserve the right to complain bitterly when kitten gets patched or a skill gets nerfed (LOL).

Edit: seriously? you censorsed that? I think you better take a closer look at the forum software. Must I misspell to get my meaning out? “eh hoal” instead of “kitten”? I guess the product of using a shovel to dig in the dirt is a small feline creature.
(Edited for readability and to complain about overzealous censoring.)

(edited by Jimson.5168)

Reaching the top layer?

Pompeia.5483

Ah, thanks for that, Zok. I did end up using the cheating method previously mentioned and had passed it on to others that were standing there trying over and over to get it as well. Maybe next time I will level up gliding enough to use lean[[I was only 24% in when it ended).

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

To the the Mastery Point on the Rock, you have to have tire 3 Gliding and use the lean forward to get speed at the cost of glider endurance. Thats how I got up there legit.

About the Updraft. There is only one updraft that I know of in the beta area. And thats where the Insect Adventure is. At the bottom of the fall, is a gust of wind that will move you up and regain glider endurance. It seems to work fine imo. Its just placed a little to low or it doesn’t give enough height.

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Grimm.2685

Grimm.2685

I also unlocked Updraft and I was able to test it. However, there was only one updraft location that I could find though. When gliding through the updraft, which looks similar to a mastery point location, you will be pushed higher and have your glide stamina refilled. You can continue to use the updraft from higher elevations and reach greater heights. The updraft location is just off the waterfall near the Air Strike Adventure area.

Reaching the top layer?

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

As far as Updraft goes, during the original Closed Beta when we could fight they Wyvern there were several updrafts around that fight we could use, they worked just fine during that. Pushing you way up above the platform allowing you glide back down and join the fight…did not have the chance to test it since then. It also sounds like players are gaining the different tiers of Masteries way to fast…they might need to increase the learning curve even more so.

Reaching the top layer?

Zok.4956

As far as Updraft goes, during the original Closed Beta when we could fight they Wyvern there were several updrafts around that fight we could use, they worked just fine during that. Pushing you way up above the platform allowing you glide back down and join the fight…

I saw those videos of previous betas and checked at the Wyvern fight platform but there were no updrafts. Maybe they were removed because players could use them to reach higher places that they should not reach in this beta.