Real rage mode training

Real rage mode training

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

After trying Grind wars 2 : HOT, where i can’t play as a berserker and have to grind to play it, i must say that the rage mode training is real.

i can foresee that by the time i unlock the full berserker specialization with rage skills, i will be fully raging like one.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

If this makes you rage then you really need some anger management lessons.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Does this mean he already is a berserker?

(btw OP, your post made me chuckle)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Real rage mode training

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I guess many thousands of us also need anger management.

Real rage mode training

warbignime.4610

Oh so suddenly you can represent several thousand people now?

Real rage mode training

Zackie.8923

yea and you must be a qualified shrink

Real rage mode training

leftyboy.9358

um ya I think I can. I’ve taken time to read through many posts and topics and there’s alot of angry people right now. It’s not psychology it’s reading.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

^ Game has 7m registered accounts.
Let’s say, for your argument’s sake, that you read 100 thousand angry posts.
How does 100.000 represent 7.000.000 ?

Forums are NEVER a good source of information for videogame satisfaction, people don’t go to a forum to talk about how great stuff is.

That’s why companies use other metrics to know what their playerbase likes.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Real rage mode training

leftyboy.9358

Forums are NEVER a good source of information for videogame satisfaction, people don’t go to a forum to talk about how great stuff is.

I said many thousands. Don’t twist my words.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

And in almost every thread, half the people are saying it’s not a big deal. It’s hardly like every complaint thread is one sided.

Not to mention the fact that there are probably less than 50 people actually complaining, but you keep seeing them pop up in each thread, because they’re MAD.

Real rage mode training

Zackie.8923

not all 7m accounts are active

Real rage mode training

Raziel.4216

I said many thousands. Don’t twist my words.

I did say “for your argument’s sake”.
Do you know what that means?

Real rage mode training

Raziel.4216

We have no other number to go on.
Even if we say the game has less players than b4 it was f2p (3 million) the “tons” of forum complaints would still lack numbers.
Simply put there is no way for us to know how many people like/dislike content, customers speak with their time and wallets and that’s what Anet responds to, not a bunch of forum complaints.

Real rage mode training

leftyboy.9358

We have no other number to go on.
Even if we say the game has less players than b4 it was f2p (3 million) the “tons” of forum complaints would still lack numbers.
Simply put there is no way for us to know how many people like/dislike content, customers speak with their time and wallets and that’s what Anet responds to, not a bunch of forum complaints.

So Anet doesn’t listen to forum complaints? May I ask why you bother to come post anything then? What is the point of this massive forum at all? Do they not read bug reports either? Why do dev’s bother to post on the forums? Why are there 60k views and over 2500 posts on Elite Specializations & Hero Point Feedback [Merged]?

Real rage mode training

Raziel.4216

^ When making key game decisions that affect millions of players? no, they won’t make their decision based on what 2500 complain about.
BTW there’s a difference between forum complaint and constructive feedback.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Anet listens to complaints. I wouldn’t have received an extra character slot when I pre-purchased HoT otherwise.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

^ When making key game decisions that affect millions of players? no, they won’t make their decision based on what 2500 complain about.

And why wouldn’t they? I find that in game more people I interact with are frustrated with having to grind one of 2 options to get hero points: WvW Ktrains, or the Map completion. And to add to this there are nearly an un-listable amount of tangential problems with the hero point system.

It is broken, it needs a fix, and I hope the devs are not too dumb to realize that.

Real rage mode training

warbignime.4610

And why wouldn’t they? I find that in game more people I interact with are frustrated with having to grind one of 2 options to get hero points: WvW Ktrains, or the Map completion. And to add to this there are nearly an un-listable amount of tangential problems with the hero point system.

It is broken, it needs a fix, and I hope the devs are not too dumb to realize that.

That’s not even true, I have not met a single person complaining in game about this. Except the rank 4 mastery thing which devs are fixing. During my 20 hours play session I have not met a single person in game complain about HoT, all I heard was praise. And I don’t even know there are people hate mastery before I read forums.

Real rage mode training

leftyboy.9358

That’s not even true, I have not met a single person complaining in game about this. Except the rank 4 mastery thing which devs are fixing. During my 20 hours play session I have not met a single person in game complain about HoT, all I heard was praise. And I don’t even know there are people hate mastery before I read forums.

By and large people are fine with masteries. The main issue driving forum criticism right now is the hero point system for unlocking elites and that’s also what the OP was saying.

Real rage mode training

warbignime.4610

By and large people are fine with masteries. The main issue driving forum criticism right now is the hero point system for unlocking elites and that’s also what the OP was saying.

Is it really that bad? When you have leveled up all your mastery you can blow through them very quickly. Finding and doing 20 soloable hero points in the jungle without having to level mastery would take less than 2 hours, I bet peolle can do it in less than one.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: DavidCoppafeel.3816

DavidCoppafeel.3816

Numbers mean absolutely nothing after an F2P conversion!!!! Have you never played MMOs before and seen the intrusive bots and gold spammers? I have had to block a ton of new whisper spammers this week!. Once ANet blocks the IP; they simply create a new account, and BAM – new player added to the numbers game. On top of that – the number doesn’t mean they are active players…They could have rage quit too.

Real rage mode training

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

7 Million accounts really isn’t that many, given the bots and people who dislike the game. Runescape had 200 million accounts – a large bot game, and a much larger game, I know. But don’t play the numbers game to devalue people’s complaints on these forums.

To be honest, if Anet really didn’t look to the few posts then they would be missing more points as to why MILLIONS of players avoid playing GW2. I honestly know many people who didn’t play because of how terrible the first story was; If this story is good (when i can finally finish it), I would recommend the game again to those people.

I’ve seen people try to negate my point by saying; “an mmo isn’t a game for a storyline!” – My pale-white kitten is it not. GW2 is a fantasy game, and probably one of the biggest in my eyes – despite whichever direction the developers take it.