Reaper [speculation]

Reaper [speculation]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I have an idea for Necromancer elite spec. It’s about the weapon, utilities, elite and F1 skill.

The Necromancer lacks good raw AoE damage and good support. What Necromancer need is a bit of Guardian, so I think the elite spec will get some influence from there.

- Greatsword will focus on damage and supporting the party with boons.
- Utilities will have more combo fields. Damage and support or cc.
- Elite could be an AoE dmg/heal. “Steal the blood of your enemies, damaging them, and transfer the blood to your allies to heal injuries”
- F1 skill is no longer Death Shroud. Death Shroud is replaced by Reaper’s Scythe.
This new F1 ability will transform your Greatsword into a Scythe, increasing damage, healing and range of all skills.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Hate to pop that hopeful bubble, but I don’t think heals are going in GS skills. Other than that possible support utility skills are going to happen. I kinda like the idea of you using not an F1, but F2 skill to utilize LF to create a scythe.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Yeah, didn’t mention heals for GS. Boons

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want lots of Defense and Outward Healing for Necro Elite Specs

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you want to turn them into a trinity role, yes, we kinda figured that :P

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Necros? Not having good AoE? Really the only issue with their aoe is their lack of melee cleave and high cool downs on our wells. Outside of that, our Aoe condition damage is something to be feared and with the way conditions are going to be changes our AoE condition damage might threaten far higher bursts of damage then you might think.

With the Greatsword we will be getting our cleave and wells are something that are being looked at. The thing we need most is properly scaling defenses and supportive options outside of raw healing. Which, right now we lack majorly in both of those.

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

how you guess?

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Necros? Not having good AoE? Really the only issue with their aoe is their lack of melee cleave and high cool downs on our wells. Outside of that, our Aoe condition damage is something to be feared and with the way conditions are going to be changes our AoE condition damage might threaten far higher bursts of damage then you might think.

With the Greatsword we will be getting our cleave and wells are something that are being looked at. The thing we need most is properly scaling defenses and supportive options outside of raw healing. Which, right now we lack majorly in both of those.

Don’t forget self healing through DS and a Minion AI thats worth something, we lack that, too. And using our utilities in DS / Getting DS utilities that add defense. And even more traitfixes / getting rid of still bad traits.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

how you guess?

just a hunch, simply a hunch.

Reaper [speculation]

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

While I don’t want to degenerate into a trinity role, I want it to have enough group support to appease the PVE elitists. I myself think Necro has great group support if you know how to use it, but the higher end of the PVE players still insist its bad.

So why don’t we change that? Give Necro Specialization an elite skill that will grant 25 stacks of might to 100 players in a radius of 1200. That should please the elitist scumbags.