Recipe of new legendaries...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Wheren’t those supposed to require the same basic gifts like the current legendaries do?

I mean there are people that did map completion several times just to be prepared and pre crafted these gifts :/. This makes me feel like i wasted way too much of my time

http://imgur.com/uq5MV2k

Posted by: Aaron Forestman.4758

Aaron Forestman.4758

I agree with you there! I had my gifts of mastery and fortune all ready to go, and now it seems like all that was wasted.

Posted by: Ldsneo.7028

Ldsneo.7028

Same thing for me. I have Gift of Fortune, Gift of Mastery, Icy Runestones, Gift of Metal all Useless now…

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

If i read correctly, you will also be required to participate in PvP to acquire the Gift of the Mists?

This game is officially becoming, “Play the game the way WE want you to play.”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If i read correctly, you will also be required to participate in PvP to acquire the Gift of the Mists?

Or rather the game is becoming: “If you want a legendary, which is suppose to show ability in all parts of the game, you have to play all parts of the game”:

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

You can also buy the items from BL market if players put them on sale.

You only need to play PvP if you want to get them without spending gold on other players.

From what they say a good amount can be obtained by buying it from other players except for the Mastery Track parts.

Brujeria.7536

Well thats not too bad, if i’d want a legendary that bad i will play every part of the game to get it.

The real kick in the face is that they devalued the entire effort ofpeople that already got the legendaries they want from the vanilla sets and wanted to prepare for the new ones.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Well they never said anything about the recipe, so it needing the same items was never confirmed nor deconfirmed. You took the risk of planning ahead without knowing the actual recipe, it didn’t pay off sadly ^^

Posted by: LeSavage.1359

LeSavage.1359

Wow such a surprise that devs made new mats, did u rly think u will get ur new legendaries at day of a xpansion relase? /facepalm

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

The only thing that worries me is this:
“For this gift, your dedication to the game will be tested: you’ll need materials that can only be acquired after completing all of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries, map completion of the expansion zones, and a lot of each of the map-specific currencies.”

This will take me like for ever.

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

Sounds like a huge grindfest to get those.

Also: Save to say there wont be any water in the jungle?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

The only thing that worries me is this:
“For this gift, your dedication to the game will be tested: you’ll need materials that can only be acquired after completing all of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries, map completion of the expansion zones, and a lot of each of the map-specific currencies.”

This will take me like for ever.

that is assuming you spend the tokens on other things beyond the legendary components.

Players may be able to speed things up with exp boosts as well.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

I was thinking about those 8+ millions exp that we need for the last tier of the mastery tracks…

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

They never confirmed nothing.
If anything it was more fan based rumors more then anything else.
If you went and actually made the gifts instead of waiting to make them in HoT then that’s the risk you took.
At least you now can make 5 old legendaries.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

So, each gen 1 legendary requires 1 gift of mastery, which we get from world completion. 2 per character. The per character is the key phrase here.

Gen 2 requires the gift of maguuma mastery, which requires “materials that can only be acquired after completing all of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries”. This is mildly perplexing, considering masteries are account bound. Do we get materials after each tier in a track, or only after mastering the whole track?

Considering there are only (currently) four mastery lines for Maguuma , will one line give enough materials for one gift, or will you need an assortment of lines? I’m sure we’ll be able to do the whole gen 2 set, I’m just curious how they are going to handle it, considering masteries aren’t repeatable per character.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Tyliout.1064

Tyliout.1064

ponders

So, each gen 1 legendary requires 1 gift of mastery, which we get from world completion. 2 per character. The per character is the key phrase here.

Gen 2 requires the gift of maguuma mastery, which requires “materials that can only be acquired after completing all of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries”. This is mildly perplexing, considering masteries are account bound. Do we get materials after each tier in a track, or only after mastering the whole track?

Considering there are only (currently) four mastery lines for Maguuma , will one line give enough materials for one gift, or will you need an assortment of lines? I’m sure we’ll be able to do the whole gen 2 set, I’m just curious how they are going to handle it, considering masteries aren’t repeatable per character.

Some mastery unlock vendor in exalted and frog people village or allow you to do a boss daily and get reward

Posted by: Nightangel.3947

Nightangel.3947

They said the crafting of a legendary will largely stay the way it is now. Not hey only thing staying the same is icy runestones. Also ALL Maguuma mastery tracks and legendary track are you kitten serious?! The old legendary journey for map completion was not even close to that level of grind. Also the way they are wording the salvaging change I have no doubt they are going to make ectos even harder to get.

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

And I was getting 100% map exploration today which I had started 5 months ago for the new legendaries (I was bored as hell doing it that’s why it took so long). Who would have thought that all that effort would go to waste completely?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

Some mastery unlock vendor in exalted and frog people village or allow you to do a boss daily and get reward

Meh ur probably right. This is probably referring to things like learning how to mine Aurillium and such, which technically doesn’t require us to “master” the lines, just to get to that specific tier in it.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

ponders

Maybe, just MAYBE they will bring back the legend in legendary and you only get to have ONE.

Frankly I think the whole multi legendary thing is a problem of itself. They aren’t legendary if you can just keep crafting them. A legends stands above and beyond, we should have to make a choice and be stuck with what we make.

Brujeria.7536

ponders

Maybe, just MAYBE they will bring back the legend in legendary and you only get to have ONE.

Frankly I think the whole multi legendary thing is a problem of itself. They aren’t legendary if you can just keep crafting them. A legends stands above and beyond, we should have to make a choice and be stuck with what we make.

We only get to see 3 of 16. We couldn’t even make a proper choice at release if we wanted it yet.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ponders

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

They at least made the gen 2 non-tradable, and their pre’s are only acquirable via the collection crafting.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Your fault if you prepare for something that is not released yet. Everything is subject to change if you know Anet well enough

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

It was kinda your own fault thinking you could walk out with a new Legendary immediately – of course they were going to make HoT Exploration be the requirement for HoT Legendaries. They stated very clearly that the new Legendaries would be a journey – not just emptying your bank on patch day.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Just waiting for the comment of people wanting to be compensated for completing items that are needed for the current legendaries, expecting to use them on the new legendaries.

Posted by: Rennac.4957

Rennac.4957

Wheren’t those supposed to require the same basic gifts like the current legendaries do?

I mean there are people that did map completion several times just to be prepared and pre crafted these gifts :/. This makes me feel like i wasted way too much of my time

http://imgur.com/uq5MV2k

Same here.
I think that the new legendaries not requirering gift of fortune or gift of mastery is unfair. Legendary weapons used to share the same base gift of fortune + gift of mastery for 3 years, so anticipating was a logical choice. They knew this was misleading and they said nothing.

At least let us split up the gifts so we can recover from this difficult and finally useless task… Q.Q

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Or simply build some of the old legendaries if you already completed gifts

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Or simply build some of the old legendaries if you already completed gifts

QFT build an old legendary stat and sell it. After HoT any newly created ones will be bound to you supposedly.

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I’m just hopping that this doesn’t turn into a over grind with all the changes in the salvaging and collecting of items. I really hate grinding Was excited about having task to do for the making of the legendary. I like that idea more then the Oh I have to go out to get thousands of materials that may or may not drop. Or having to get an exotic version of an item that may drop after the 2 million times of running. So anet please don’t turn this into one of those grind fest where you need a certain elite item that only drops once in a million. Make it something that does not require you to have the luck of the draw but like you said something we can see we are advancing closer to our goal! Not to mention a lot of the events you have that drop items out of luck for collections seem to bug out a lot.