Reclaimed metal plates

Reclaimed metal plates

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

Rare Reclaimed weapons are up to 20g on the tradepost just because all the trash blue and green ones never drop a plate.

I know they said the market would be wonky for a while, but this is ridiculous.

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

A guildy said he got one from a green once. I’ve had better luck getting precursors.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

From what I have seen, at this rate, the price is never going to drop. Ridiculous

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I know the rare ones exist, but never gotten one. Would happily sell them since I don’t like the look of the reclaimed/machined weapons anyway

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I never got a reclaimed plate from a blue or green so far. Did not have any rare drop yet. By far the hardest part of getting the machined skins :/

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I’ve got 3 or 4 rare weapons from chests all over maguuma. I probably had a lot of luck but they can be found there.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You do know you can get a Plate from the magus falls pvp track, right?

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

i get around 1 plate for every 10 or 20 greens i salvage, still better than buying yellows

Reclaimed metal plates

Velarian.6290

using mystic salvage kit for that, for the reason that my guess is the plates are considered a rare drop like ectoplasm

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve had 2 plates from greens/blues so far using master level equivalent salvage kits, but that’s a tiny proportion of the drops I’ve had of those weapons.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

using mystic salvage kit for that, for the reason that my guess is the plates are considered a rare drop like ectoplasm

It’s much rarer than Ecto yknow.

Plus the “rare version” of reclaimed weapon, I NEVER see it dropped from mobs.

Maybe they’re exclusively in chests.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I’ve tried using the Black Lion Salvage Kits on greens and I still don’t get anything out of them. I have since stopped since I don’t want to waste my BL kits on them anymore.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It’s much rarer than Ecto yknow.

Plus the “rare version” of reclaimed weapon, I NEVER see it dropped from mobs.

Maybe they’re exclusively in chests.

I think so too. Maybe those champion mordrem bags drop it as well.

Reclaimed metal plates

Velarian.6290

i know that they are rarer than ectos, but that they count as rare, so yellow and above salvage kits have a higher rate of recovering them is what i had in my mind.

but reading the statement about BLSK im not so sure anymore. maybe pure randomeness. dont have that much of them anymore so i didnt want to try

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

I have been living in the HoT zones since it dropped, completed meta in all of them every day on the highest tier, sometimes two or three times (except for TD which is dead pretty much) and like Aomine, I have never seen a Rare reclaimed weapon. Ever.

And I’ve looted a fairly substantial number of airship cargo containers, random chests, exalted chests, crystallized supply caches, noxious pods, event reward chests, tier completion reward chests, map completion reward chests, champion bags and Mordremoth’s chests. Are you absolutely sure they can drop in these zones? I see them on the TP, sure, but they could come from people farming the PvP reward track right?

I see a few blue and green ones now and then, but these have so far never dropped a reclaimed metal plate when salvaged for me, and yes I am using the Mystic salvage kit on them. Considering we need 2 or 3 (why have a different amount of these for these weapons by the way, why make one class specialization weapon rely even more on RNG to get than another?) plates for each new class elite specialization weapon, it looks like spending gold to get them is the only way other than waiting another 3 years for the RNG gods to smile upon your face.

And before anyone says “you’re not entitled to your new class elite specialization weapon, you can just go craft whatever ascended version you want” – which is so popular these days because people feel they automatically win any argument by saying others are not entitled to whatever it is they’re talking about – no, I’m not entitled to anything in this world. No one is. But that doesn’t mean mankind should sit in a corner and be thankful for the corner they’re sitting in (a corner they’re not entitled to of course).

(edited by darksome.1697)

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The rare versions are easy to farm if you have multiple alts and know what you should be farming to get them.

Hint – It’s not mobs.

Reclaimed metal plates

Aomine.5012

The rare versions are easy to farm if you have multiple alts and know what you should be farming to get them.

Hint – It’s not mobs.

I just opened like 150 Airship Cargo and didn’t get a single reclaimed weapon at all.
Not even blue/green ones.

Can you please just tell us what we should farm?

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

I’d rather guess it has to do with something that is not really part of an MMO and involves timers and three possible reward chests … just guessing, though.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Mystic Salvage the greens and occasionally the blues, ive gotten 5 so far doing this. They arent that rare.

And to he guy that knows where to farm rare reclaimed weapons…just tell us youre not that cool

Reclaimed metal plates

HtFde.3856

Well, a friend of mine would tell you that getting precursors out of the mystic forge isn’t that hard and that precursors aren’t really rare because he’s got quite a few of them this way.

I’ve thrown a lot of stuff into the MF and never got a precursor.

I’ve recycled about 100+ blues and greens and have gotten 1 plate and I’m not sure that that wasn’t a reward from somewhere …

Reclaimed metal plates

Kill.3458

Well, a friend of mine would tell you that getting precursors out of the mystic forge isn’t that hard and that precursors aren’t really rare because he’s got quite a few of them this way.

I’ve recycled about 100+ blues and greens and have gotten 1 plate and I’m not sure that that wasn’t a reward from somewhere …

Huh…. very true. Rare Salvage Pack them greens expecting failure is doing wonders for my luck though xD

Reclaimed metal plates

TexZero.7910

Hint – It’s not mobs.

I just opened like 150 Airship Cargo and didn’t get a single reclaimed weapon at all.
Not even blue/green ones.

Can you please just tell us what we should farm?

I’d rather not, but i’ll tell you it’s not a map specific “chest”.

Reclaimed metal plates

Kill.3458

Since Tex enjoys being ambiguous ill just outright say that they randomly drop from chests (non-specific map chests that kind of look like small JP chests) across the Magus fall maps, they also have a VERY small drop chance from mobs

Reclaimed metal plates

Aomine.5012

I also found my answer too.

The most reliable way of getting Reclaimed Ticket is through doing PVP.

The Magmus Fall reward track gives a reclaimed ticket at the end of reward track, and it is the only new reward track that is repeatable.

Tbh, I’m more relieved now. At least doing PVP is more enjoyable than farming RNG chests.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Reclaimed metal plates

Kill.3458

I also found my answer too.

The most reliable way of getting Reclaimed Ticket is through doing PVP.

The Magmus Fall reward track gives a reclaimed ticket at the end of reward track, and it is the only new reward track that are repeatable.

Tbh, I’m more relieved now. At least doing PVP is more enjoyable than farming RNG chests.

Ooh, guess il start that up once ive finished with my ambrite weps. Thanks for the heads up

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I know the rare ones exist, but never gotten one. Would happily sell them since I don’t like the look of the reclaimed/machined weapons anyway

But you need them for the elite spec ascended weapons.

i get around 1 plate for every 10 or 20 greens i salvage, still better than buying yellows

Then you are consistently lucky. I’ve gotten 3 plates and I’ve salvaged a lot more than 60 greens (or at least it feels like it).

Which is why RNG shouldn’t be the primary means of getting items. The legendary scavenger hunt might not be ideal for everyone, but it does present a reliable and predictable means of getting precursors. Plates… they’re all RNG.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

But you need them for the elite spec ascended weapons.

Good to know, but also not a concern for me right now.

Reclaimed metal plates

TexZero.7910

Since Tex enjoys being ambiguous ill just outright say that they randomly drop from chests (non-specific map chests that kind of look like small JP chests) across the Magus fall maps, they also have a VERY small drop chance from mobs

Bravo. You figured it out.

Attachments:

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

You get one every time you open the box next to Zinn’s Print-o-Matic in Rata Novus.
Just answer 10 questions correctly and you are rewarded.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Reclaimed metal plates

Aomine.5012

You get one every time you open the box next to Zinn’s Print-o-Matic in Rata Novus.

I opened it 3 times, all 3 times with Glyphic Weapons.

Are you sure is the right one?

Reclaimed metal plates

HtFde.3856

You seem to get one “golden” weapon – not a guaranteed reclaimed, though …

Reclaimed metal plates

HtFde.3856

I guess it’s one of those RNG things ANet is so great in … some people will get one reclaimed yellow weapon out of 100 and others will get one every 5 …

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

I’ve been getting the bulk of my reclaimed metal plates (and I’ve gotten enough of them to make several machined weapons) from rare reclaimed weapons obtained via chests in Tangled Depths. Not the Crystallized Caches, but the fairly non-distinct chests (strongboxes also count) scattered here and there throughout the map. Everyday, I take all my characters up to the Great Tree flax farm via gliding. Along the way, there are 3 chests that I open with each of my 9 characters, which gives me 27 chances a day at getting a rare reclaimed weapon. Doing this also allows you to build up map specific currency without really doing the events.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

I’m also pretty sure someone figured out their value early on and is controlling the market. There’s no other explanation as to why 13 or so different weapon types all hover around the exact same price.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Bravo. You figured it out.

Quick, everyone to the strange areas that LOOK like jumping puzzles!

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Reclaimed metal plates

HtFde.3856

I’ve been getting the bulk of my reclaimed metal plates (and I’ve gotten enough of them to make several machined weapons) from rare reclaimed weapons obtained via chests in Tangled Depths. Not the Crystallized Caches, but the fairly non-distinct chests (strongboxes also count) scattered here and there throughout the map. Everyday, I take all my characters up to the Great Tree flax farm via gliding. Along the way, there are 3 chests that I open with each of my 9 characters, which gives me 27 chances a day at getting a rare reclaimed weapon. Doing this also allows you to build up map specific currency without really doing the events.

Ponders … you mean the one that is the strongbox on the ledge with the sharpshooters and the two chests near the farm? If so … well … I’ve been doing THOSE on my flax farming alts for one week and a bit … 0 yellows … never mind reclaimed yellows – 10 alts in HoT.

But then I gave up on jumping puzzles long time ago … NEVER got ANYTHING but greens and blues and gunk from those. And after about 100+ JP chests I’d have guessed I might get SOMETHING …. oh so wrong …

Reclaimed metal plates

TexZero.7910

Ponders … you mean the one that is the strongbox on the ledge with the sharpshooters and the two chests near the farm? If so … well … I’ve been doing THOSE on my flax farming alts for one week and a bit … 0 yellows … never mind reclaimed yellows – 10 alts in HoT.

But then I gave up on jumping puzzles long time ago … NEVER got ANYTHING but greens and blues and gunk from those. And after about 100+ JP chests I’d have guessed I might get SOMETHING …. oh so wrong …

You know there’s a total of 7 chest in that area alone right ?

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve gotten one plate. No idea from where, but it’s sitting in my backpack to turn in … one day.

Gone to Reddit.

Reclaimed metal plates

HtFde.3856

You know there’s a total of 7 chest in that area alone right ?

Believing Reddit, there’s even more but it’s a thing of result versus effort. If 10 characters get only crap out of three boxes each with the advantages that those 3 boxes can be reached in a few minutes … how much better woudl my results be if I spent an hour per alt getting more than those 3?

My JP experience from ages past somehow discourage me since I never got anything out of those either – greens and blues.

Took a friend who also goes for the legendary hammer to the LA puzzle. We both have an alt parked down there with the correct level … his drop rate of silver doublones is 8 times higher than mine. Since we’re both parked down there for almost a year now and open the chest daily …

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They DO drop from Airship Cargos, but this is quite a rare occurrence. (As someone who has nearly 700 Bottles of Airship Oil, that should tell you just how rare the drop rate is.) I have gotten two more from the various Strongboxes as TexZero mentioned, but again, it’s not necessarily a guaranteed thing.

I’ve probably salvaged close to 200 blue/green Reclaimed weapons now using Mystic Salvage Kits. No plates so far. I suspect the drop rate is probably 1% or even lower.

Reclaimed metal plates

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Mmm… I got 3 out of fine and masterwork weapons the first day I went into the jungle. I didn’t even salvage a lot of them. Shame they’re account bound.