Refund cause bugs and balancing after go Live

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

I think because of all the bugs and balancing issues after go Live every HoT buyer shall get 10 dollars back. Be it in money or gems.

The players still do the job of the qa here and still report bugs which shouldnt be inside the game if we take into account that there has been enough time and also beta weekends.

Its definately not normal how many complaints and reports are swarmed all over the forums. Theres 1-2 updates almost everyday.

I think arenanet should show their players that they are indeed a fair handling close to the player company and not only when its needed in form of a twitch public relations and advertise stream.

Joking around on twitch does not delete duty towards customers.

let me entertain you

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

I thought today was Halloween not April fools
This can’t be serious…

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Its a new patch, given the masses of players playing and everyones different setup the game is bound to run into bugs/crashes, hence the several hot fixes, some of the fixes that are listed will not affect you, and you may have never seen them,

Just be grateful they are fixing the bugs, I just wish they would talk more on the forums about some issues that are arising a lot, instead of replying on reddit, given these are the OFFICIAL FORUMS.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Not sure if troll or serious…

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

They show they care by continuing to patch the game. There are AAA games that still haven’t gotten game breaking bugs fixed, and those companies are drowning in money and resources.

Posted by: WeedyZeGreedy.8635

WeedyZeGreedy.8635

Hahaha this is idiocy. This launch has been very smooth, the game was actually playable on launch day. If you have ever played any other mmo you would know that anet is doing a great job adressing all the bugs with daily fixes. How is it a negative thing? A weekly fix would be bad but you don’t have to endure that long. So bugs are reported and they are fixed the same day or the next, what more can you ask for? 3 of the hot maps haven’t been open beta tested so ofc players will run into bugs. Wish there was a downvote option to make stuff like this appear further back the more it was downvoted

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Here are two examples of computer programs that are difficult to create:

1. A computer program that literally creates cupcakes out of thin air.
  2. A computer program that doesn’t have bugs.

2 is harder than 1.

Being an MMO also makes this even harder, since you can never reproduce the game that players actually get to play particularly well for the benefit of testers. Even if the game had a PTS, that would have orders of magnitude fewer players than the actual release.

(edited by evilunderling.9265)

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I think I need you to send me gems after reading this post. It has been very unhelpful and does not contribute at all.

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Like everyone else in this thread is mentioning, this has been an exceptionally smooth launch.

Posted by: Anowyyn.2304

Anowyyn.2304

4 months ago you said you wouldn’t buy HoT. You should have stuck by that.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

OP " I think because of all the bugs and balancing issues after go Live every HoT buyer shall get 10 dollars back. Be it in money or gems."

Umm….

1. Games on this massive scale WILL have bugs at release.
2. If you mean profession balancing, that is something which is always watched. Not just at release.
3. Anet appears to be resolving major complaint issues in a timely manner.
4. Refund $10 really? Where did you come up with that arbitrary number? You can
have all your money refunded if you want.
5. I’ve seldom seen mmo game maps with more thought, diversity, complexity, and beauty put into them, than this new content.
6. Yes the politics of a company acting like everything is dandy even when there’s a topic with 3k posts and 65k views that prove otherwise is b.s., but w/e. In the end they actually did acknowledge customers had a reasonable expectation that hadn’t been met and made a fair compromise.
7. If they did refund $10 to everyone what do you think the response at large would be? “Anet knows they released a dud, don’t buy it”

I’ve played some real stinkers over the yrs, and not one of those companies ever gave me $10 back off my purchase.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If the software industry had to give us some money back every time we found a bug there would be no software industry.

And Billy-boy Gates would be doing my gardening to pay off his debts ;p

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You want a $10 refund because they fix bugs in a computer game????

Mind
Blown

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

6. Yes the politics of a company acting like everything is dandy even when there’s a topic with 3k posts and 65k views that prove otherwise is b.s., but w/e. In the end they actually did acknowledge customers had a reasonable expectation that hadn’t been met and made a fair compromise.

I’m kinda confused about this, 3k posts vs. 7 million players total? Do you honestly think they should give a flying kitten about 3k whiny children when there are millions of people happily enjoying the game? I mean, clearly they took it as an indication that they did not make clear what to expect, and I think they made a reasonable decision in the end, but I also think you’re guilty of doing what all those 3k did, which is blowing it way out of proportion to make it seem like a lot more people care than actually do.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I’m kinda confused about this, 3k posts vs. 7 million players total? Do you honestly think they should give a flying kitten about 3k whiny children when there are millions of people happily enjoying the game? I mean, clearly they took it as an indication that they did not make clear what to expect, and I think they made a reasonable decision in the end, but I also think you’re guilty of doing what all those 3k did, which is blowing it way out of proportion to make it seem like a lot more people care than actually do.

Come up with a real argument instead of whining and crying people next time, if you want to be taken seriously. Apparently Anet did care about 3k “losers” who posted btw. Also there’s a flaw in your logic. You assume only 3k were unhappy because 3k posted and you assume that millions were happy with hero point system based on what , an in depth census that you took?

In addition I also find it funny that in your post you agree that the hero point compromise was reasonable, but at the same time, the people who made it happen are wrong.

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

To some extent I agree with the OP. Clearly the number of bugs represent the Developer’s incapability to deliver a quality product. Customer time has been lost due to lack of basic testing. So many players got stuck in the Prologue instance.

I beleve we paid for an overpriced expansion and there is no excuse for lack of testing.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I think because of all the bugs and balancing issues after go Live every HoT buyer shall get 10 dollars back. Be it in money or gems.

The players still do the job of the qa here and still report bugs which shouldnt be inside the game if we take into account that there has been enough time and also beta weekends.

Its definately not normal how many complaints and reports are swarmed all over the forums. Theres 1-2 updates almost everyday.

I think arenanet should show their players that they are indeed a fair handling close to the player company and not only when its needed in form of a twitch public relations and advertise stream.

Joking around on twitch does not delete duty towards customers.

There was honestly hardly any bugs that I’ve seen and I’ve gone through the whole game. Especially for a MMO so soon after launch. If you’re being serious you either have unrealistic expectations or are crazy lol

Posted by: Agares.6073

Agares.6073

I really hope you dont really think Guild Wars 2 has 7 million players do you?

Posted by: Pikaboo.6905

Pikaboo.6905

First, I’d ask if you’d ever played a game during a big expansion release. I have, and HoT was one of the best that I’ve experienced. Sure there are some bugs, and other frustrating things, but all went pretty smoothly, really.

Second, you complain about the bugs, but then go on to complain about the updates that Anet is doing to fix said bugs. Would you prefer to have bugs or quick updates to fix them?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

in MMO, these things are expected. You should go play single player game. I heard asking for refund because of bugs works there.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]