Regarding new precursor crafting

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Phoenix.6749

Phoenix.6749

From the most recent update on new legendaries:
“The two differences here are that all precursors for future sets will only be acquired through the precursor crafting journey, and unlike existing precursors, future precursors will not be dropped anywhere in the game.”

From what I gather, the precursor crafting journey are only doable once (or have I missed something) – would this mean that for those who would maybe want to duel wield a matching pair of legendary daggers, this actually won’t be possible?

Edit: I suppose it would be possible to do a gen 1 dagger and just transmute it, assuming the gen2 legendary stats are the same?

(edited by Phoenix.6749)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, you can create only one each of the new Legendaries.

Since stats on Legendaries are selectable and changeable, and equal to Ascended, the stats will, indeed, be the same.

Posted by: Phoenix.6749

Phoenix.6749

I guess this means that the “Twice Told Legend” achievement is only possible with the Gen 1 Legendaries then?

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Probably. Just make an ascended dagger and transmute the skin. The stats will be the same as your legendary.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yes, all of that seems to be correct.
Want to dual wield actual HOPEs for swappable stats you’ll need to make one HOPE and one Quip and then skin HOPE over Quip.
Same for any other you want a second+ of

I’m guessing this will help keep older legendaries desirable even once better skins come along.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Twice told legend? Dude, I don’t even want to make the same pizza twice.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I guess this means that the “Twice Told Legend” achievement is only possible with the Gen 1 Legendaries then?

The TTL chieve was designed entirely because people actually created double-dagger, double-pistol, and double-sword legendaries — prior to the wardrobe system, that was the only way to have your main- and off-hand match.

Thus, it’s hardly a surprise that it’s still only possible to do with the old legendaries.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

I have not seen any official word stating the collection can only be done once. It makes sense but would be extremely disappointing. It is possible that by speaking to the NPC, whoever that may be, to initiate the Pre-cursor collection you may be able to reset it similar to the PvP reward tracks. Will have to wait and see. I have also not seen anything that says the Legendary Item will not be trade-able, only that the Precursor is account bound.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have not seen any official word stating the collection can only be done once. It makes sense but would be extremely disappointing. It is possible that by speaking to the NPC, whoever that may be, to initiate the Pre-cursor collection you may be able to reset it similar to the PvP reward tracks. Will have to wait and see. I have also not seen anything that says the Legendary Item will not be trade-able, only that the Precursor is account bound.

Here you go: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

Good luck.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to reset the Legendary Journey track after completing it, plenty of other achievements can be reset. So long as the Precursor you get is account bound, there would be no harm in letting someone accumulate dozens of them if they really felt like it. Pointless, but not unbalancing.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

So you can only craft 1 precursor, one time?

If so, then yes, Twice Told Legend can never be with 2nd (or later) Gen Legendaries. In fact no one will ever have multiples of future Legendaries. The pre’s don’t drop, but can only be crafted, and you can only ever make one. And everything is account bound.

It does keep the rarity of the title I guess. Or does skinning circumvent this?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to reset the Legendary Journey track after completing it, plenty of other achievements can be reset. So long as the Precursor you get is account bound, there would be no harm in letting someone accumulate dozens of them if they really felt like it. Pointless, but not unbalancing.

So, really it doesn’t unlock crafting in the normal sense of being able to keep making items, but rather a one time craft that can’t be repeated.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

Article is full of misleading information. Thanks anet for always being ambiguous.

“…By completing this collection, you’ll unlock a recipe to craft the first iteration of your precursor—a nontradable exotic weapon with a distressed version of the existing precursor skin…”

“…Completing this collection unlocks a recipe to do just that, resulting in another nontradable exotic weapon with the existing precursor skin….”

“…This final collection unlocks the recipe to craft the polished final iteration of the precursor…”

Why make it a recipe if you can only craft it once. Just silly.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The definitely addressed this concern in this week’s Guild Chat. Unfortunately, Twice Told Legend is only possible with Core Tyria Legendaries.

Good luck.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’m guessing this will help keep older legendaries desirable even once better skins come along.

Probably one reason of doing it this way. You want two legendary weapons of the same type? Make an core legendary and transmute it. It will keep the precursor and legendary markets from crashing in the long run