Regret playing beta

Regret playing beta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kubrick.5740

Kubrick.5740

I wanted to try out the Chronomancer (amazing, btw).
I did one path in Arah and then decided to try 1 level11 fractal, since I wanted to see how it played.
Found an ascended armor box, my first one in my entire play time after sooo many dang fractals, and I can’t keep it.
Irony right there.
Play this game forever on a character I can keep, do 1 fractal in BETA and get the reward I’ve been wanting since it came out… Just my luck.

I sincerely regret playing the BETA.
But at least I’ve learned my lesson.
I guess the point of this thread is DO NOT DO ANYTHING FUN IN THIS GAME WHILE BETA IS GOING.

Note:
Before someone says anything about “you knew that before going in”, yes I did know, and yes I ignored it thinking that I wouldn’t get anything (because I never have before). I am not saying I should get to keep it, since the warning is clearly there. I just think it’s rather unfair/sad that you can play BETA characters doing anything but not get the ascended weapon chest transferred. I don’t really understand why you can’t keep the things you earn, since you EARN THEM, right? Regardless of what class you play and whether it is BETA or not, you still earned them rightfully, but in this case you can’t keep it… They shouldn’t even let BETA characters pick up loot, that would take away the sting of knowing you found something awesome but not being able to keep it.
But anyways, DONT DO WHAT I DID.

(edited by Kubrick.5740)

Regret playing beta

Posted by: LadySuccubus.4752

LadySuccubus.4752

I wonder if they actually went and increased drop rates of “rarer” stuff for beta characters as some kind of joke, because of all the people talking about this happening.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

They should have never allowed beta characters to leave the beta areas period! This is one of the reasons why! Also the old content is not balanced for it yet!

GW 1 would have never allowed this!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Other than to quickly check the new specializations against a few mobs I’m staying out of the beta for this very reason, I do not want something good to drop and not be able to keep it, HoT will be out soon anyway so I will just wait and not spoil the surprises.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

That stinks. Don’t worry, they drop quite often in lv 50 fractals. You will get your ascended boxes eventually.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Ya I got an ascended ring.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I hear you man, I got a Black Lion Chest Key dropped on my revenant. I threw it away though, because I know I would have got some node for my home instance or a permanent contract.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

Thats why i dont loot anything in beta.
And you can swap character before getting reward chest.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I hear you man, I got a Black Lion Chest Key dropped on my revenant. I threw it away though, because I know I would have got some node for my home instance or a permanent contract.

I….I didn’t even know those dropped still.

Oh my god you lucky unlucky kitten, you my sympathy.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

An advice for your fractal problem: Swap to your normal char before the final rewards.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

reason I am avoiding fractals

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

once again not understanding RNG strikes. It is completely irrelevant what dropped for you in beta. You cannot “run out of luck”. Your next big drop in real game can happen this very evening or in two years, regardless of whatever happened in beta. Your loot luck is completely and utterly unrelated to whatever happened in beta.

Regret playing beta

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Sorry for your, uh… “bad” luck, OP..? Although nothing really bad happened to you. As you say, you were informed that what happens on beta characters will just be wiped and not count toward your actual account. Anything that drops, you don’t get to keep. You should just view playing on a beta character as sort of a “pretend” experience where nothing matters.

That said, I do understand some of the frustration. I wouldn’t want to miss out on an Ascended drop either. But hey, at least you’re not one of those poor folks who had a Precursor drop! Even knowing ahead of time that I wouldn’t get to keep anything, I would still flip a table if that happened to me.

I do see the wisdom in not letting beta characters loot gear during this time, though. It’s not like we really need anything that drops, aside from event-based items. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

I wonder if they actually went and increased drop rates of “rarer” stuff for beta characters as some kind of joke, because of all the people talking about this happening.

It’s not that it’s happening more often, it’s that people feel more compelled to post about it when it happens on their beta character, because it feels like a significant event to them. Nobody posts on the forums or Reddit when they get an Ascended item in the “real” game.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)