Relax folks , this is only the beginning :)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

OK without sounding pompous and Arrogant the community needs to relax . I for one am tired of thread after thread of the same constant bashing of Anet . There is no need to keep spamming the same complaints/bugs/ over n over . I would much rather see patches of fixes than Red texts anyways . So lets see what tomorrow brings 17th patch day , n cheer up

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Well its everyones right to voice their opinions, and if people feel passionate about the failures of HoT, then so be it. Not everyone is satisfied with their experience and some people are upset/disappointed so far. Now if you really like HoT or are just tired of reading it, then just take note of it and move on. Considering that right now, there are many game modes that are almost dead or completely dead (dungeons and wvw), its going to make more people outspoken.

Besides, if you don’t let Anet or moderators know you’re disappointed, changes will never be made to make it better and they’ll just assume they’re going in the right direction.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Well its everyones right to voice their opinions, and if people feel passionate about the failures of HoT, then so be it. Not everyone is satisfied with their experience and some people are upset/disappointed so far. Now if you really like HoT or are just tired of reading it, then just take note of it and move on. Considering that right now, there are many game modes that are almost dead or completely dead (dungeons and wvw), its going to make more people outspoken.

Besides, if you don’t let Anet or moderators know you’re disappointed, changes will never be made to make it better and they’ll just assume they’re going in the right direction.

^ Can’t argue with that logic. Constructive too. People have issues with the content and they should keep voicing that. As long as it’s respectful, it’s good. ArenaNet should welcome constructive criticism from their players.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Too many threads telling us what we should or shouldn’t do.

Relax, chill, stop posting about guild halls stop this and that.

How would they know how strongly we feel if people don’t post.

Oh wait this is another one of “those” threads.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Yes, a few threads of this are fine, but there is absolutely no need to spam threads with the same complaints. People are so pessimistic, it seems that no one notices what ANet has done right, and instead bash on what was not done right over and over again. It seems they can’t put one thing in the game without SOMEone complaining about SOMEthing. Human nature I suppose.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I agree that people should voice their opinions good or bad. What I agree with the OP is that they keep posting the same things over and over and over.

If a post is negative but constructive and respectful I think they should post away. If they are not, which many threads are riddled with these hateful/nasty posts, they are not worth reading or should be given any consideration.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Yes, a few threads of this are fine, but there is absolutely no need to spam threads with the same complaints. People are so pessimistic, it seems that no one notices what ANet has done right, and instead bash on what was not done right over and over again. It seems they can’t put one thing in the game without SOMEone complaining about SOMEthing. Human nature I suppose.

Oh dearie me.

Whenever I see posts like this^ or threads like this.. I can’t help but think “this person has never spent more than 5 minutes on an internet forum before, least of all a gaming forum.”

It’s not that it’s “human nature.” It’s that the forums are a funnel where all the hatred and dissatisfaction goes. It looks like more than it is because it’s all concentrated in one place.

That said, with a little experience on forums, you can discern when people are complaining because they can and when they are complaining because they are deeply dissatisfied with a particular feature and enjoy other features.

A LOT of the complaining I have seen about HoT since its release is, to my perception, the latter. People who like some features, dislike others, and take time out of their day to write passionate and detailed explanations as to why.

Since HoT’s release, droves of people have also come to the forums to play white-knight for the game. And by white-knight, I don’t mean, “Stating their opinion about a feature in a way that is positive, or making an argument for why a feature is good.” I mean this thread and every thread like it.

It’s insulting to the people who are putting in a lot of time on genuine, constructive feedback, to act as if everyone is just throwing a hissy fit. And it literally adds nothing to the forum, other than biting back and forth, and people like myself writing posts to explain how stupid it is.

To those who are tired of reading complaints on the forums, here’s a word of advice that might sound familiar. It’s like that lovely little trope “if you don’t like it, then don’t play the game,” and it goes like this “if you don’t like it, then don’t read the forums.” The sword swings both ways.

Again.

And again.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Oh dearie me.

Whenever I see posts like this^ or threads like this.. I can’t help but think “this person has never spent more than 5 minutes on an internet forum before, least of all a gaming forum.”

It’s not that it’s “human nature.” It’s that the forums are a funnel where all the hatred and dissatisfaction goes. It looks like more than it is because it’s all concentrated in one place.

That said, with a little experience on forums, you can discern when people are complaining because they can and when they are complaining because they are deeply dissatisfied with a particular feature and enjoy other features.

A LOT of the complaining I have seen about HoT since its release is, to my perception, the latter. People who like some features, dislike others, and take time out of their day to write passionate and detailed explanations as to why.

Since HoT’s release, droves of people have also come to the forums to play white-knight for the game. And by white-knight, I don’t mean, “Stating their opinion about a feature in a way that is positive, or making an argument for why a feature is good.” I mean this thread and every thread like it.

It’s insulting to the people who are putting in a lot of time on genuine, constructive feedback, to act as if everyone is just throwing a hissy fit. And it literally adds nothing to the forum, other than biting back and forth, and people like myself writing posts to explain how stupid it is.

To those who are tired of reading complaints on the forums, here’s a word of advice that might sound familiar. It’s like that lovely little trope “if you don’t like it, then don’t play the game,” and it goes like this “if you don’t like it, then don’t read the forums.” The sword swings both ways.

Again.

And again.

QFT! I completely agree, There are things I really like about HoT, and somethings I really don’t but that’s life.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Oh dearie me.

Again.

And again.

Well said. Attempts to stifle feedback are bad for the community and bad for ANet.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

OK without sounding pompous and Arrogant the community needs to relax . I for one am tired of thread after thread of the same constant bashing of Anet . There is no need to keep spamming the same complaints/bugs/ over n over . I would much rather see patches of fixes than Red texts anyways . So lets see what tomorrow brings 17th patch day , n cheer up

It’s a game forum. They’re all like this.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Overshoot… Enlighten me…the beginning of what?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

ZachAttack.3957

Lol. I have plenty of experience with forums, and all I’m doing is agreeing with the OP that, as some of you have said, this funnel of hatred can be further condensed to individual POSTS. We don’t need five posts with similar titles to “Precursor crafting is terrible”, or “2MuchGrind4Masteries/Elite Specs (before change)”. I’m sure I wouldn’t want to be a forum mod if every time I open up a forum page it’s all complaints. Yes, feedback is nice, but I know if all I see are complaints I know I’m not going to be excited to go to work :P All I’m saying is that we can tone it down a bit. But I suppose there’s no use in talking about it here, because people actually reading this topic and thinking about this issue are not the same people that we are talking about.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Anet’s lack of response to most of the complaints simply promotes more complaints.

They’ve addressed only one of the major complaints about HOT (the 400 HPs to unlock Elite completely) and have remained silent on everything else, is it any wonder people keep complaining?

Fact is, HOT changed GW2 A LOT, it was as much a game-mechanic re-implementation (group-or-die world content, guild perks taken away and gated behind HOT, etc) and many people like me who loved GW2 had it replaced by something which is more like a an MMO from the 1990s where you either ‘group up’ or go play something else as you’ll not progress in core content.

BTW, on the subject of the 400→250 change, THAT only happened due to COMPLAINTS!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t know… maybe it’s going to get even worse?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Lol. I have plenty of experience with forums, and all I’m doing is agreeing with the OP that, as some of you have said, this funnel of hatred can be further condensed to individual POSTS. We don’t need five posts with similar titles to “Precursor crafting is terrible”, or “2MuchGrind4Masteries/Elite Specs (before change)”. I’m sure I wouldn’t want to be a forum mod if every time I open up a forum page it’s all complaints. Yes, feedback is nice, but I know if all I see are complaints I know I’m not going to be excited to go to work :P All I’m saying is that we can tone it down a bit. But I suppose there’s no use in talking about it here, because people actually reading this topic and thinking about this issue are not the same people that we are talking about.

Forum mod is a form of public interface position. If one is going to be interfacing with the public in any way, shape or form, one is best served not to be the sort of person who gets bummed out by negativity. This is the nature of the beast. Just ask anyone who works retail. At least forum mods don’t have to deal with people getting in their personal space, and threatening to tell the store’s corporate masters how unhappy they, the aggrieved customer, are with the associate.

Fact is, the forums are reasonably civil most of the time, too some degree because of the forum rules that those mods enforce. The consequence is small, but at least there is one. Consequence is all that keeps some folks from venting their spleens.

As to multiple threads with the same topic… this could be addressed to some degree if the forum search tool worked. Sure, it would not prevent some doubling up, but it would stop some. Case in point, this is the second thread I’ve seen since last Saturday with the TS complaining about people complaining.

ZachAttack.3957

Forum mod is a form of public interface position. If one is going to be interfacing with the public in any way, shape or form, one is best served not to be the sort of person who gets bummed out by negativity. This is the nature of the beast. Just ask anyone who works retail. At least forum mods don’t have to deal with people getting in their personal space, and threatening to tell the store’s corporate masters how unhappy they, the aggrieved customer, are with the associate.

Fact is, the forums are reasonably civil most of the time, too some degree because of the forum rules that those mods enforce. The consequence is small, but at least there is one. Consequence is all that keeps some folks from venting their spleens.

As to multiple threads with the same topic… this could be addressed to some degree if the forum search tool worked. Sure, it would not prevent some doubling up, but it would stop some. Case in point, this is the second thread I’ve seen since last Saturday with the TS complaining about people complaining.

Which is nice, because two threads complaining about one topic is better than five. Progress, people.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Anet’s lack of response to most of the complaints simply promotes more complaints.

They’ve addressed only one of the major complaints about HOT (the 400 HPs to unlock Elite completely) and have remained silent on everything else, is it any wonder people keep complaining?

Fact is, HOT changed GW2 A LOT, it was as much a game-mechanic re-implementation (group-or-die world content, guild perks taken away and gated behind HOT, etc) and many people like me who loved GW2 had it replaced by something which is more like a an MMO from the 1990s where you either ‘group up’ or go play something else as you’ll not progress in core content.

BTW, on the subject of the 400->250 change, THAT only happened due to COMPLAINTS!

^^^THIS^^^

The almost total lack of communication on many if the most complained about issues is unbelieveable considering the radical changes that HoT has made.

Complaining on forums is our only outlet to be heard and sometimes that’s all the players want to know…… that their concerns have been heard and whether or not they are being addressed.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t know… maybe it’s going to get even worse?

Oh, please, no…lol

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

The almost total lack of communication on many if the most complained about issues is unbelieveable considering the radical changes that HoT has made.

Complaining on forums is our only outlet to be heard and sometimes that’s all the players want to know…… that their concerns have been heard and whether or not they are being addressed.

Almost total is a slight exaggeration. They did address Hero Points, they made a post about changes they’re working on to fix the disaster that Fractals apparently are now, and they’ve made it clear that WvW changes are in the pipeline (I think for early 2016).

Those are some fairly major communications.

If you are thinking of smaller stuff, then yeah, they’ve been pretty tight-lipped. Not that it’s a great excuse, but they’re probably afraid of making statements that sound like they will lead in a particular direction, and then realizing after the first couple of months that the criticism pertaining to the statement has died down or been accepted as part of the game.

It is something that can happen. It’s just not all that common for it to happen without some ragequitting and lost customers.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

I would much rather see patches of fixes than Red texts anyways . So lets see what tomorrow brings 17th patch day , n cheer up

Actually I feel like I wasted good ten minutes of my lifetime reading that wall of text aka the patch-notes – which almost nothing even half important in it.

But that´s enough complaining for me – because I don´t care much for the game anymore.

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Actually we do need more than 1 post or else people like you will brush it under the rug as “only one person” feels this way. With out multiple post from lots of people how can you tell if its an issue or one guy trolling. So it only makes sense that if you see something and you agree or disagree that you let it be heard. To do otherwise is to say everything is perfect and not care of the state of the game.