Remove Dual Weapons Restrictions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I would like to remove the restrictions for dual wielding. Guardian with Dual Shields, Necro with Dual Axes, Elementalist with Dual Scepters..
I dont expect you can dual wield two handers but a dual wielding hammer revenant sounds sexy. But yeah, what ever combo of one hand weapons you can think of, give us more options to play what we want to play if we cant pick our own skillbar like in GW1.
Dual Shield bunker guardian beating you with two shields..if you want to why not?

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Because they have to create and then test the skills first. You’re making it sound like it’s a simple switch, when it isn’t.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I do believe there are restrictions so they have something to work with for future Specializations.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Are you aware of how the skills in this game work? It’s not like wow where a weapon is just for show, the weapons determine your skills.

Monk Tank.5897

I have 47 level 80’s, i think I’m well aware of how the skills work, would the game suddenly become unbalanced if i were to dual wield scepters?

Nate.3927

yes because you make absolutely no mention of what skills they will have

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I have 47 level 80’s, i think I’m well aware of how the skills work, would the game suddenly become unbalanced if i were to dual wield scepters?

It might. / 15. Charrs

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Monk Tank.5897

Why is it ok for some professions to dual wield swords, daggers, axes then. If its a balance problem, rework the skill 4 and skill 5.
Everyone should be able to dual wield what they want to.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Why is it ok for some professions to dual wield swords, daggers, axes then. If its a balance problem, rework the skill 4 and skill 5.

go ahead and give suggestion on what skills they should be

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

weapons in GW2 are placeholders for skills. So no, it is not as easy as you make it. No, the concept is not hard to understand.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

weapons in GW2 are placeholders for skills. So no, it is not as easy as you make it. No, the concept is not hard to understand.

This.

It is not about who can wear what, but the skills they designed and assigned to a specific weapon.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

It’s not that just about balance and gameplay though, even if that is the primary concern.

To some extent it’s also about aesthetics and some semblance of realism. I think it really fits the Guardian that it doesn’t wield weapons in it’s off-hand for example. Dual-wielding shields also sounds extremely silly to me. Other combos like dual scepter wielding elementalists are fine I think but should be introduced cautiously as others have stated. It’s why new weapons are introduced through elite specs.

Posted by: EnlightenedNavigator.8296

EnlightenedNavigator.8296

I think a lot of you are reading the suggestion here wrong. I mean, think about it. It’s not a matter of balance or anything like that. It’s just a matter of adding new skills to the game. He’s asking for a new weapon in a way. If you view Warrior sword mainhand as a different weapon from Ranger sword mainhand (which it may as well be since it’s a completely different set of skills) you can start picturing every instance of every weapon as it’s own weapon. In this case, adding a mainhand shield or an offhand scepter is just adding in a new weapon. Which they have already done with elite specializations. I’m sure this kind of stuff will come in time. I would love to have a dual shield guardian. that sounds really kitten in a way.

Edit: boy my post sounds confusing. but it makes sense. you just have to think about it a little.

It’s made from scratch, so it holds more personal value.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Theres no limit or restriction on what weapon you can wield in which hand but there has to be skills for the weapon to be wielded. For example: a guardian with 2 shields, there is a #4 & #5 skill but no 1-3 skill. The only profession that has shield attacks in those slots is elementalist using the conjure earth shield utility and that isnt dual wielded but 2handed shield.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s not a matter of balance or anything like that. It’s just a matter of adding new skills to the game.

Whenever new skills are added to the game, it IS a matter of balance though.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Nate.3927

That is the whole point, rework what skill 4 and 5? For example, Rangers do not currently have a skill 4 and 5 for one handed swords. So what kind of skills do you want to give them? What will they do? What about the cooldowns? The animations?

Nobody is saying it’s bad to dual wield in general.

Posted by: EnlightenedNavigator.8296

EnlightenedNavigator.8296

It’s not a matter of balance or anything like that. It’s just a matter of adding new skills to the game.

Whenever new skills are added to the game, it IS a matter of balance though.

my point is that I don’t think that’s really holding them back at all. adding any kind of combat thing to the game always creates a shift in balance. OP is asking why we don’t have these things. I’m saying that it’s not because of balance. It’s because we just haven’t gotten there yet.

It’s made from scratch, so it holds more personal value.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

More options is always good, but dual shields really? I’ve actually seen this suggested a fair few times, but I think it’s the most ridiculous thing ever. I mean, it might be a fantasy setting but some sort of realism should still apply. Have you ever seen anyone in a fantasy movie, game or book fighting with two shields?

Posted by: amiia.8139

amiia.8139

Who the hell would bring two shields to guardian? That sounds irrational and plain unhandy. Same goes for two scepters.

I would prefer to see more skills to choose from in existing weapons.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Now if the OP said more options for mono-hand like a 1-handed scepter…and a free hand or just a shield. You don’t have to have something in both hands all the time and for things like a sword, having the option to swap hands or shift to a two-handed grip is downright common while wielding a sword.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Did you just use dual shield Guardian as an example of why we should lift the restrictions? Because that’s about the most ridiculous thing I could imagine. What a useless fighter that would make.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

I’m more interested in your proof of 47 80s than dual wielding scepters.

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

For Rangers, instead of the problem with duo wielding 2 LB, how bout we have a handful of arrows per shot, like 10 or so… maybe 20… all individual dmg