Remove time limit on hero challenges.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I am fine with Hero challenges being hard. I am not fine with the time limit. There is no reason to have a time limit. It makes hero challenges frustrating.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

The time limit is to prevent people from exploiting to kill it, such as getting the mob stuck somewhere or something and then aoeing through walls to widdle it down or useing mesmer clones to kill it while you hide somewhere unreachable

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

They did already lengthen the time limit, but I can see the justification for removal, since the lengthened time means that any minor sized group is going to get it killed in plenty of time, as it is.

The only ones who will still struggle are those who are trying to do it with, like, one person. I would argue that if you can survive past the time limit against a champion challenge, solo (especially now that they’re something like 8-10 minutes), then you’ve already proven your muster as a player and should get to continue the battle.

You’re either the tankiest mofo ever or you’ve got skills. And even if people were to cheese it with full on tanky specs and gear, I’d still argue they deserve the win for sticking it out so long, when they could do it in shorter time with a group.

So yeah… whatever way you spin it, there doesn’t seem to be any justifiable need to keep the time limit in place for these.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

No, stop telling Anet to nerf content.
Just NO!!!!

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

Just NO!!!!

lol i agree. Try asking in map chat for help. 9/10 times there will be people on the map who also need that point.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The time limit is to prevent people from exploiting to kill it, such as getting the mob stuck somewhere or something and then aoeing through walls to widdle it down or useing mesmer clones to kill it while you hide somewhere unreachable

Isn’t that already handled, even in the core game? If you go somewhere unreachable the mob goes back to its original spot and heals. Does that still happen in HOT?

@Labjax – well said.

@warbignime/wolfram – Nerf content, you say? Is a time limit content then? If so, the solution to HOT’s alleged lack of content is obvious and simple: put stricter time limits on everything. How about champs that must be killed in 30 seconds… nay, make that 20?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Just NO!!!!

lol i agree. Try asking in map chat for help. 9/10 times there will be people on the map who also need that point.

How is removing a time limit a nerf? Certain classes and certain people’s playstyle wouldn’t allow the time to be possible. YOU might have done it, but if it required you to change your complete build, buy a whole new set of armor for one HC you would be on here complaining.

In VB the other day I put up my commander tag, every 5 minutes posted in map chat to come help at my tag, created a party, and after a half hour not one person came.

A nerf to elite enimies is REQUIRED for some of this to be complete.

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Why do you even want to get rid of the time limit. It’s not like the time limit is too short or anything.

runeblade.7514

Why do you even want to get rid of the time limit. It’s not like the time limit is too short or anything.

For a solo player, it is. For Two or more players, time limit doesn’t even matter.

Dengar.1785

Complaining about being unable to solo something that isn’t meant to be solo’d.

runeblade.7514

So what?

runeblade.7514

Yes, I am complaining because it is bad design.

Labjax.2465

Actually, I’m pretty sure some of them are soloable, but you almost need to have the right class for it and be geared really well.

I’d be curious to know how such people feel about the time limit… the ones who have solo’d hero challenges.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: wiffinberg.6451

wiffinberg.6451

Difficulty =/= Bad design,

Solution:
“/map LF people to help with X challenge please and thank you”

If it aint broke don’t fix it, the time limit keeps you on your toes, makes it more exiting. this is EXACTLY the kind of content myself and most other GW veterans were after.

No more nerf plz Anet, despite minor bugs, HoT is challenging and FUN

Dengar.1785

So if you stab yourself in the eye with a screwdriver, and your eye starts bleeding and you lose the ability to see, it’s the screwdriver’s fault for being badly designed? Because you should be able to stab yourself in the eye without it causing damage? That’s not how you’re supposed to use a screwdriver.

Actually, I’m pretty sure some of them are soloable, but you almost need to have the right class for it and be geared really well.

I’d be curious to know how such people feel about the time limit… the ones who have solo’d hero challenges.

You’re confusing two things. There is nothing wrong with people soloing content that isn’t meant to be solo’d. If people manage to pull that off, more power to them. The problem is with complaining about being unable to solo content that isn’t meant to be solo’d.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’ve solo’d several on my heal specced guardian with pathetic DPS simply by swapping some traits. What I haven’t solo’d are one’s listed as group events as, y’know, healy guardian is generally more inclined to find a group for group events.

A good rule of thumb about anything Anet labels group events:

They don’t care if you can solo it, but they also don’t care if you can’t. That’s why they labeled it a group event, to tell you that the content was not designed to be soloable

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

runeblade.7514

Difficulty =/= Bad design,

Solution:
“/map LF people to help with X challenge please and thank you”

If it aint broke don’t fix it, the time limit keeps you on your toes, makes it more exiting. this is EXACTLY the kind of content myself and most other GW veterans were after.

No more nerf plz Anet, despite minor bugs, HoT is challenging and FUN

The mob design is there to keep it exciting, not the time limit. The time limit is broken and should be fixed.

Dengar.1785

The mob design is there to keep it exciting, not the time limit. The time limit is broken and should be fixed.[/quote]

What is broken about it? I was never unable to beat a single hero challenge so far. Well, the vampire one took a bunch of tries because it took a while for everyone to get it into their heads that his drain move is a melee attack.

Posted by: wiffinberg.6451

wiffinberg.6451

The mob design is there to keep it exciting, not the time limit. The time limit is broken and should be fixed.[/quote]

The time limit counts down (15 mins?) and hits zero, the mob is removed if you cannot kill it before the timer runs. working as intended,
I think you need to learn what the word broken means my friend

Labjax.2465

You’re confusing two things. There is nothing wrong with people soloing content that isn’t meant to be solo’d. If people manage to pull that off, more power to them. The problem is with complaining about being unable to solo content that isn’t meant to be solo’d.

I’ve solo’d several on my heal specced guardian with pathetic DPS simply by swapping some traits. What I haven’t solo’d are one’s listed as group events as, y’know, healy guardian is generally more inclined to find a group for group events.

A good rule of thumb about anything Anet labels group events:

They don’t care if you can solo it, but they also don’t care if you can’t. That’s why they labeled it a group event, to tell you that the content was not designed to be soloable

Simple yes or no question, do you sincerely believe that the time limit makes a significant difference in the challenge of trying to do these solo?

Please explain why or why not.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

It’s not the time limit that is the problem, it’s the fact that already people are experiencing problems getting anyone to help at the champ bosses within a reasonable time scale.

For people with limited time and a real life, waiting 30 minutes for someone to come along (by which i mean, asking in map chat, guild, etc ) isn’t what we class as ‘fun’ or ‘challenging content’. We call it ‘frustrating’ ’tedious’’not fun’ and after a while ‘log off and go play something we enjoy’.

Given that some of them can be a real pain to reach telling people to go do something else and come back later isn’t really an option either.

Why they felt they had to gate these behind champs is anyone’s guess.

Raids are supposed to be the challenging group content- I’m all for making those with difficulty settings from hard to near impossible and will relish the challenge.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

One-and-done content should not be group events.