Repeatable Hero Points need nerf.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

It distracts from meta events. Please make it so you can’t redo hero points for daily rewards unless the map has successfully completed the meta event in full.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Then people would be less inclined to help others do the hero points. I haven’t seen this being an issue. In fact the other day I was taxi’d into a AB meta map that was also apparently farming Hero Points. There were like 5 commander’s leading HPs. They started yelling at people taxing in people for the meta because their HP train was being interrupted. We ended up winning the meta with no problems except a few trolls were trying to purposefully break East early to reset it before South could get their bar down. And people got their hero point at the end of the meta.

This has just been my experience. What map were you doing that this was an issue?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It distracts from meta events. Please make it so you can’t redo hero points for daily rewards unless the map has successfully completed the meta event in full.

Absolutely not. Enough is already gated behind metas. If people don’t want to help with metas, and do something else, that’s their call. I don’t like it either, but I’d still like people to have a choice in the matter.

Please let’s not go down this road anymore than we already have.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Hmm…..no.

Considering that most will taxi to maps specifically for the meta event, I don’t see how the hero points distract from that, especially seeing as they are only repeatable once a day.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Ever heard of scaling? If you think the meta events are failing because you don’t have enough people I have bad news for you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

A lot of times, meta events are easier with less people. This is a non-issue.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Or why not make it so you can’t do the meta until all the hero points are done.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Or why not make it so you can’t do the meta until all the hero points are done.

Yes, I think this is the FAR better solution. Every repeatable HP has to be done at least once before you can do the meta. That way those that want the HPs can get one or two each cycle and people will help. No help, no HP? Then no meta.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I agree, all these hero point trains make meta events harder to organise
activating them should require someone who hasnt completed the HP yet, but rewards for everyone who helps of course

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Well, sorry, that’s just not how it works… You can’t restrict or dictate someone else’s purpose or interest on any map…

If someone’s purpose is to get hero points or gather or masteries or stand there doing nothing, then that’s their right…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Malediktus.9250

Well, sorry, that’s just not how it works… You can’t restrict or dictate someone else’s purpose or interest on any map…

If someone’s purpose is to get hero points or gather or masteries or stand there doing nothing, then that’s their right…

And it is other peoples right to be angry about people who waste slots which are needed for their activity.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

People actually repeat these? O_o

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

And it is other peoples right to be angry about people who waste slots which are needed for their activity.

Perhaps that ire should be directed instead at the developer who decided to put objectives in a zone that seemingly conflict. Or perhaps players should determine whether they in fact need everyone in the zone active on the meta to succeed. If that is the case, that is also on the developer. If it is not true, which I suspect, then it’s on the players who think it is. MMO zones ought to have room for different players who want different things. If that is not the case, that’s a design issue.

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Perhaps that ire should be directed instead at the developer who decided to put objectives in a zone that seemingly conflict. Or perhaps players should determine whether they in fact need everyone in the zone active on the meta to succeed. If that is the case, that is also on the developer. If it is not true, which I suspect, then it’s on the players who think it is. MMO zones ought to have room for different players who want different things. If that is not the case, that’s a design issue.

It’s a misconception that everyone in the map needs to do the Meta, as stated earlier in the thread and many other threatds, the event scales, I get the feeling a few with Com Tag’s want to feel important by having the whole map follow their commands even if that means the event it self get’s harder.

Malediktus.9250

Events are more fun with 60+ people than 20

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

REPEATABLE hero point? What is that?

Eldbrand Charging.8902

All HP that involves fighting, you can do them for XP and loot.

Daddicus.6128

Perhaps those people should direct their anger at the people responsible: ANet. They made map-wide coordination required, while simultaneously forcing people to grind out XP doing nothing useful, just so they can reach the point where they can do the map-wide events.

Daddicus.6128

All HP that involves fighting, you can do them for XP and loot.

OK, thanks! I thought you meant repeating for more HPs.

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Perhaps those people should direct their anger at the people responsible: ANet. They made map-wide coordination required, while simultaneously forcing people to grind out XP doing nothing useful, just so they can reach the point where they can do the map-wide events.

Map wide coordination is not required for Meta events.

Daddicus.6128

Map wide coordination is not required for Meta events.

[/quote]
Perhaps, but this poster thinks it is.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

“please nerf all other things on the map that aren’t the thing I enjoy and want to do – why are others doing their own thing instead of helping me do what I want to do?”

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

“please nerf all other things on the map that aren’t the thing I enjoy and want to do – why are others doing their own thing instead of helping me do what I want to do?”

Nailed it.

Posted by: Yello.3406

Yello.3406

Seriously? This suggestion is so deep down egoistic, it hurts!

“I have my hero points, I don’t care for other peoples needs. Please adjust the map for my desires and screw all other players. Thanks!” -.-

I actually considered it kind of nice implementation always, that I can help others and be rewarded for it.

(edited by Yello.3406)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Maps do not fail because folks are working on hero points; they fail because those working on the meta aren’t coordinating and/or communicating enough.

People made the same complaint about Silverwastes meta and people opening chests. Now it’s true you can’t have a major chest train and do the meta, but neither can you have a major chest train if people are already doing the meta. The same is true in Magus Falls with HPs instead of chests.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yep, that’s exactly how I was reading the OP.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

The only meta event remotely challenging was nerfed to absurdly easy difficulty. If you’re failing events, it’s not because 5-10 people on the map are doing HPs. Those repeatable events are a quick, easy source of daily map rewards and exp and they help new players get their HPs.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

The only meta event remotely challenging was nerfed to absurdly easy difficulty.

Let’s not forget that the only reason why that event was ‘challenging’ was because of how it scaled when you brought more than the required number of players.

In other words, the only event where numbers could be a problem was because of too many players, not too few.