Request for clarification on skill points

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Hello!

Thanks for the articles on Specialization. However, it is pretty unclear what will happen with skill points (to me, anyway) and I’d like some more information.

Simply put, I have these characters/things:
1) Character with 100% world completion, most skills, and 956 skill points from leveling up a lot, probably eating a few skill point scrolls, and playing for a long time.

2) Character with a terrible world completion, a few skills, and 195 skill points, mostly from leveling up.

3) Hundreds of +1 skill point scrolls.

What will happen to each of these? I’m mostly concerned that 2) will find all her excess leveled up skill points lost (turned into mats) and all her skills untrained (since the unlocking system is changing), which will (probably?) lower her abilities.

Thanks for any insights!

Posted by: Weyrd.2794

Weyrd.2794

From the blog post:

“Old skill points in excess of those earned by leveling and skill challenges will be converted into crafting materials for the Mystic Forge. Items and activities that were previously repeatable sources of skill points will now also provide that same crafting material.”

If you don’t want those skill point scrolls or skill points earned by them to be turned into mystic forge mats then I’d spend them before HoT comes out.

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Right, so the ‘problem’ is that that would give the character skill points in excess of leveling up or skill challenges, and be turned into mats anyway, from what I’m reading.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

“Old skill points in excess of those earned by leveling and skill challenges will be converted into crafting materials for the Mystic Forge.

I despise the forge and this isn’t going to make thing any better.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think skill points from levelling and any other source are being deleted from the game and any excess you have of those is being changed into crafting materials for the mystic toilet. Where presumably players will be encouraged into gambling it away until they have nothing in exchange for those skill points…

Skill points being replaced by heroic challenges.

This also means anyone wanting to fast track Revenants with there skill points in the stash, not going to happen. You will after grind those heroic challenges.

In other words MASSIVE CON and ArenaNet, ‘smoke and mirrors’.