Retail copy

Retail copy

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I was in walmart the other day and noticed a woman with both GW2 and Gw2:HOT in her cart. After talking to her a bit I discovered that she was buying it to play with her boyfriend and thought she needed both because they were both on the shelf.

I told her other wise and she was quite happy to have been saved 40 bucks.
In another thread I asked about nearly this exact situation if someone buys the original core game retail now that HoT has launched they should automatically get HOT as well (assuming they paid full price for the game I know in this picture it is actually 10 dollars cheaper but another local store has them side by side for the same amount.)

Attachments:

Retail copy

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Anet no longer directly sell GW2 core from their site. Only available from other store. No way for Anet to know if person pay full price same as HoT for core game from other store to give the person HoT. Would not work. Can find core game for less than HoT many places. People would take advantage and buy core game cheap then say to Anet I pay same price as HoT give me expansion.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Retail copy

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

then perhaps providing a receipt would be required for the upgrade … but even still most retailers have a no return policy on online games due to the one time use nature.
is there nothing they can do to tell retailers to stop selling the core then? especially since it is now technically free.