Rev: Ascended Heavy Armor stat choice?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Howdy! I’m looking to craft some ascended heavy armor for my revenant (I haven’t crafted any heavy armor before this point) and I’m wondering, based on how things have been going in the betas, what stats would be a solid choice for Revenant?

I don’t have tons of money to make lots of ascended armors, and I’ve only crafted one set before for my thief, so I’m trying to figure out what stats would give me a solid playthrough running into HoT with a fresh-tomed level 80 revenant.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I suggest Berserker’s or Knight’s/Valkyrie for power, Sinister or Rabid/Carrion for condi and maybe Zealot’s or Cleric’s if you want to go Ventari heal-support.

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

It’s perfectly reasonable to go full Zerker as Rev, especially if you use shield, because you’re quite sturdy anyway, or at least good enough for open world stuff. Personally I’m going to run Valkyrie armor though, because Rev has strong Crit chance as is with 40% from Fury and 100% uptime on it. Probably weapons and definitely trinkets might as well stay zerker though.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Okay cool. When you split armor stats what’s the best way to do that? Like with Knight/Valk is helm, pauldron, chest → Knight and gloves, legs, boots → Valk? I’m not sure whether or not there’s a standard split when people talk about combo armor.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Be careful to take what you hear with a grain of salt, things are changing with HoT, Zerker may not be your best bet and could result in wasted gold. Best to wait and see what HoT brings.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

When you mix stats make sure you balance your Precision in a way that you still get a reasonably high crit chance. How exactly you achieve that is personal preference I guess.

If you for now just plan on playing through the story and general open world PvE (that’s what I assumed you mean with “playthrough”) it probably doesn’t really matter what stats you choose tbh.

If you feel comfortable enough to run Berserker’s and don’t mind playing a power build, I’d just pick that one and see how it goes =)

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

berserker.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

It certainly seems likely rev will be a direct damage high dps class. So berserker seems like a good bet. If you are worried about wasting money, you could just run citadel of flame/city of arah/crucible of eternity for the few days left before rewards are nerfed. Some cheap armor/weapons and some gold with it.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you enjoy power build then go full berserker. The expensive part is having 6 main armor, so go full berserker in that while u can alter the stats on offsets like trinkets rings etc with knights or valk. But really, I have a feeling we can go full berserker in HoT PvE due to how evasive our weapon skills are.
Full berserker mainset should also make u more prep for raids, and vanilla gw2 it’s all about berserker (if ur into power).

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I have a knights set already on my main, with zurker weapons and trinkets. I’m currently making a zurker set, just incase. I have plenty of heavy exotic zurker armor in my bank, so I can play around a bit if I want.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Ascended Armor and trinkets are account bound, and lets face it….Zerker is always going to be good…so if you get bored of your Rev, then you can swap that gear to a warrior or guardian and play with them for a bit

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

Mix of Rampager’s, Knights, and Cleric’s for me. Might sound strange, but I already tested it extensively in the beta (including the Raid and Fractals), comparing it to plenty of other stat combos, and it seemed to come out the most ideal overall.

(edited by Bitoku Kishi.8346)

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Mix of Rampager’s, Knights, and Cleric’s for me. Might sound strange, but I already tested it extensively in the beta (including the Raid and Fractals), comparing it to plenty of other stat combos, and it seemed to come out the most ideal overall.

Just remember what role u want to fill as ur gearchoice affects the other 9 players and outcome in the raid.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

go full celestial armor.

then play around with trinkets/backpiece. want more dps ? use berserker trikets . want to play support ? use cleric trinkets. etc etc.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

Don’t forget that you can change the stats of Ascended armor now using the mysic forge; you’ll lose the sigils and infusions, but you don’t have to craft completely new armor if you want to change.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

berserker.

I have a full set of zerk we trinkets and weapons to use with either celest or zerker.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Probably best to put this in the Rev. forum. In fact, there is already a thread for exactly this here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/What-ascended-gear-to-go-for/first#post5625106

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.