Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I heard from the PAX East stream that the Revenant Armor Skin can be unlocked as soon as you make a Revenant or something. There could be another method, not sure, but can anyone explain if any of it is true?

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It unlocks as soon as you make a revenant in the demo.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

If it’s like existing professions, then there’ll be 3 or 4 revenant armor skins (1 each for a certain choice made in character creation). Make a revenant with 1 choice. Unlock skin. Delete. Repeat for other choices. Rvenant armor skins unlocked.

That could be what they meant.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m fairly sure the blindfolds will unlock on creation, just as Ele gems or thief hoods do. The armor itself? I’d wager that’s just for the demo, and it will be level 80 armor gained by one of the usual methods (craft/rewards/gems).

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

It’s just a show-armor for the demo. Once in the game, Revenants most likely will get an unspectacular starter-armor just like all other professions.

But yeah, as Donari said, blindfolds will unlock. As far as I remember it from the vids at youtube, there are three different blindfolds you can choose from during revenant-creation.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve been watching some of the PAX streaming today. There are three blindfolds: sash with rune, a weird thing with spikes sticking out horizontally, and one I can’t quite see the details on because no one is turning the avatar in creation but it looks like a series of square plates, maybe? Almost every streamer is checking them all then picking the first one.

The accompanying text suggests that the blindfold is a lore part of the revenant, that they need to block out the visual world to get to the legends they channel. This could limit head armor choices for those who want to adhere to the lore.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

If wearing a blindfold is part of the lore, the revenants won’t be able to wear outfits, except for outfits specially made for them.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

If wearing a blindfold is part of the lore, the revenants won’t be able to wear outfits, except for outfits specially made for them this will not be represented in the mechanics in any way.

Fixed that for you.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Blindfolds probably unlock the same way as profession specific stuff does. The armor is heavy so probably there’s an in-game acquisition method to get it? We will see.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If wearing a blindfold is part of the lore, the revenants won’t be able to wear outfits, except for outfits specially made for them.

That argument could be used for any of the profession specific starting armor.

For example:
If wearing a Mesmer mask is part of the lore then Mesmers won’t be able to wear outfits, except for outfits specially made for them.

At any rate, it will only be a few minutes after the expansion starts before there will be warriors and guardians running around blindfolded so I wouldn’t worry too much about lore and blindfolds.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Revenant Armor Unlocked?

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

That argument could be used for any of the profession specific starting armor.

For example:
If wearing a Mesmer mask is part of the lore then Mesmers won’t be able to wear outfits, except for outfits specially made for them.

At any rate, it will only be a few minutes after the expansion starts before there will be warriors and guardians running around blindfolded so I wouldn’t worry too much about lore and blindfolds.

Since it’s impossible for the blindfold to be Revenant-Specific, I hope that the Revenant closes his eyes during combat like the original Ritualist did.
You might have been able to always hide a Ritualist blindfold but they would close their eyes when in combat, always closed off to the physical world and focused.
Little details like that really feel the biggest.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast