Revenant = Dark Knight

Revenant = Dark Knight

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

So pretty much after reading a few blogs about the Revenant and reading what the developers are calling the revenant an Anti-Hero profession . Similar to the necromancer, which I find pretty cool. http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/2/18/8061219/guild-wars-2-profession-reveal-revenant-pc-mmo-arenanet

The definition of the word revenant ties with death as well. I think it’s safe to say that Guild Wars 2 has its Heavy armor protection profession, that uses the forces of Light, The Guardian, and now we have our Revenant, summons dead legends power and stuff. It’s Arena Net’s version of a dark knight, death knight, Etc… (Btw I say dark knight because its a class from the final fantasy series. Not that bat man crap.)

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There is pretty much NOTHING about the word ‘knight’ that makes me think “guy with the ghostly image of an ancient demigod hovering over him and guiding his actions like a puppet master.”

If people are so unbelievably determined to fit Revenants to some other mythical/literary model, try to pick something out of voodoo – the match will make much, much more sense…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Oh lol I thought this was gonna be some sort of WoW comparison.

If people want to make a comparison of the revenant to something to get a better conception of how it will fit into the game I don’t think there’s any reason to lambaste them about it.

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I understand why he wants to call Revenant a Knight, people tend to call anyone in heavy armor a Knight… but why Dark Knight? When I see Dark Knight I imagine something like Necromancer in heavy armor or even a Death Knight from WOW, but imo Revenant is more about spirits than a darkness, not all ghosts / legends / spirits are about anything dark imo… so I would rather say a Spirit Knight

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

The closest thematic equivalent I could think of is the Spirit Warrior from Dragon Age. I could quite easily see a light/holy themed Revenant working.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

Lol, revenant is clearly a ritualist. Like… from the previous game…

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, yeah, possibly, your point being?

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Lol, revenant is clearly a ritualist. Like… from the previous game…

I’d say revenant is more of a Dervish since he channel legends doesnt summon ’em!

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

Conceptually the Revenant reminds me of D&D 3.5’s Binder class a little bit. I’m kindof pleased with the way they incorporated the Ritualist and Dervish together. I look forward to seeing more of their lore.

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Rev have a Demon Stance. did any of you notice that yet?

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

If you have to make a comparison I’d say Dervish/Ritualist as well, for sure. For some reason I feel like it will really bring me back to GW1, and I hope I’m right.

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sorry, I’m lost, what does the Revenant have to do with Batman?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Tonytone.3102

Tonytone.3102

i understand the concept of the spirit warrior but in this case Anet is giving us a choice with the revenant in being between a corrupted spirit warrior aka a dark knight death knight a pure spirit warrior or some type of mist tank….i love the idea….great job anet

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Boro.7359

Boro.7359

I’m personally thinking of it as a death knight, which pleases me to no end (even though I’m not a wow player and never will be).

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m personally thinking of it as a death knight, which pleases me to no end (even though I’m not a wow player and never will be).

Hey hey chill man alright chill necro is not dead yet and we get GS revenant doesn’t not proud of it but I guess it’s something.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Revenant = Dark Knight

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Rev have a Demon Stance. did any of you notice that yet?

Well, I think everyone noticed it since it’s one of two announced legends that a Revenant can channel. The other one is a dwarven king, but I don’t see anyone using that to suggest that the rev is a playable dwarf class :P

All we know is that the Revenant is a heavy armor class with legends of varying themes. One of them is dark/evil-looking, sure but there could easily be something pink and flowery, assuming there’s an important pink and flowery character of legend in the history of Tyria.