Revenant: Designed by ANET Being Lazy? :)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

ok, realize I’m mostly being funny here, but I’ve noticed that there isnt a lot of selections to make with the character. You dont have a full set of utilities to choose from to fill different slots, for instance.

Was this just a way for ANET to not have to worry about making a character that has tons of utilities that have to be balanced with each other as well as with the rest of the game?

Whether yes or no, really, I’m fine with it, I’m just happy to get a new character profession, but the idea amused me.

PS: havent seen the latest poi yet, having trouble getting it to load, so if I posted something inaccurate, let me know and I’ll edit this

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s premature to make such claims.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

It’s premature to make such claims.

I was basing my comment on the fact that I thought the design had been pretty much decided. Since then, I’ve found a post saying otherwise. I’d have deleted the thread if I’d gotten to it in time

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

From what I understand, each legend will have their own small selection of different utility skills (7, 8, and 9) as well as a unique healing and elite associated with said legend. However, this is still being decided upon by the developers.

You can also slot and switch out legends similar to how you can slow and switchout current utility skills. The stance switching default button is F1, and there are trait lines the benefit you depending on what stance you are in. Also, the way these trait lines are worded makes it open enough that there will be multiple types of different stances. Example: One of the traits is worded like this “Using a legendary demon stance skill grants resistance for a short duration (2s).”