Revenant Heal

Revenant Heal

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Neschast.7196

Neschast.7196

At about 7:43, Jebro uses the Mallyx heal, and when he switches stances, Jalis’ heal is off cooldown. Is there any news as to whether or not this is intended?

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

http://youtu.be/fpculA4g5Lk?t=7m43s

Wow two heals..

And before anybody say anything about the Energy system, note it doesnt use much energy to cast heal, as the bar barely moved.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Probably either a bug or the heal itself is scaled down such that 2 heals are roughly equal to 1 normal heal.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Being able to use two healing skills in succession says nothing about the power of those heals.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Mallyx heal healed him for 6,167, Jalis heal healed him for 5,060. That’s a total of 11,227 healed, which would be more healed if there was more conditions on him, plus retaliation, resistance if traited, as well as condition removal.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I remember reading in one of the interviews that this is intended, indeed one of the features of the reverent they pointed out.

Edit: Just timed it, the Jalis heal had about 30s cooldown in the video.

(edited by Snow.2048)

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Don’t think it’s all that unfair. Granted we’ve only seen a small part of the Revenant’s kit, but so far it doesn’t seem like they really have much in terms of defense. There is a high cost and long casting time armor buff with the tanky legend and a projectile destruction in one of the weapons but they don’t really have anything else.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mallyx heal healed him for 6,167, Jalis heal healed him for 5,060. That’s a total of 11,227 healed, which would be more healed if there was more conditions on him, plus retaliation, resistance if traited, as well as condition removal.

Lets do some calculations with those numbers.

Both healing skills have a cooldown of 30 seconds and if we dont take casttimes in consideration this is at best an hps of 11227/30=374.33 (still unrealistic since it would mean you spam your healing skills on cooldown). It also looks like he was wearing celetrial amulet so he has some healing power.

Now compare that to Healing signet (see http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet). Without any healing power it is 362 hps and with celestrial amulet only it should roughly be 362+0.05*438=384 hps.

So with does numbers in mind does it still look so strong?

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Both healing skills have a cooldown of 30 seconds and if we dont take casttimes in consideration this is at best an hps of 11227/30=374.33 (still unrealistic since it would mean you spam your healing skills on cooldown). It also looks like he was wearing celetrial amulet so he has some healing power.

Now compare that to Healing signet (see http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet). Without any healing power it is 362 hps and with celestrial amulet only it should roughly be 362+0.05*438=384 hps.

Forum Fighters don’t care about statistic. They said it’s OP and no matter what you do there is no way of changin it.
I just started even trying to reason with few people here.
Just let them think what they want.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Where did I put my opinion on it? I was merely providing numbers and factors for those that were curious.

Revenant Heal

Muchacho.2390

Where did I put my opinion on it? I was merely providing numbers and factors for those that were curious.

Sorry i quoted you only for the numbers. The question at the end was more of a rhetorical question. I didnt mean to imply that you had an opinion on that topic.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Forum Fighters don’t care about statistic. They said it’s OP and no matter what you do there is no way of changin it.

Then lets do it without statistics then. 2 Revenants got rekt by 1 Necro in a PvP-Match i saw. Even with their double-heal.

And yes, double heal(or double elite) is intended.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Then lets do it without statistics then. 2 Revenants got rekt by 1 Necro in a PvP-Match i saw. Even with their double-heal.

Idk, maybe it has less to do with class balance and more to do with one person has 2+ years experience and the other has +/- 1 hour of experience as a class?

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Actually it does since the healing skills give some utility on top of that, while healing signet gives raw healing only. On top of that does having 2 healing skills mean that revenants can easiliy proc on healing skill usage runes.

EverythingOP

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

http://youtu.be/fpculA4g5Lk?t=7m43s

Wow two heals..

And before anybody say anything about the Energy system, note it doesnt use much energy to cast heal, as the bar barely moved.

Not to mention it regenerates at 5 energy a second, meaning you can have a full bar in 20 seconds. Energy only seems like it will matter if you spam all your skills.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Yeah. This energy thing prevent you to usa all of your skills at the same time but makes rotating easyer.
I like this idea. I hate the press all the buttons and win or die and go on forum and cry builds

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Also keep in mind the Revenant will have upkeep skills that constantly drain energy while in use, which is something else the player will have to balance with healing.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Idk, maybe it has less to do with class balance and more to do with one person has 2+ years experience and the other has +/- 1 hour of experience as a class?

The Necro played like an imbecile, so no. I know that this isn’t going to happen, but, being a 2v1 vs. an extremely bad Necro-Player shows in a 1v1 scenario between two good players the odds of winning should be about equal. Well, with what the Revenant has now, i have no doubt one of the legends will have something thats seriously broken.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I don’t know the actual numbers, too lazy to hunt them down to check, but as far as I can see right now the healing skill is the only legend skill with a significant cooldown and an energy cost add to that the fact that swapping legends also costs energy I honestly don’t see double heals and even double elites as a problem when dealt with care.

In one of the interviews that I listened through recently the dev basically said when talking about Revenant profession mechanic that the legends are a direct point of comparison to what weapon swapping is for other professions (except that it affects the right side of your skillbar) which means that you do have two healing skills, six utilities and two elites. He basically also said “how broken does that sound, well it is our job to make it work”

Also assuming each legend remains as one specific set of five skills as it is now… ie. no skill choice for utilities (except maybe racials but who uses those, other than for kicks) which at least at the time of writing this seems plausible because they keep referencing to legends as “packages” of skills. So it is not like having two (self)heals etc. is automatically game breaking… especially when your opponents can easily distinguish the legends you have active (they deliberately stated that they want there to be cues for other players to be able to make the distinction easily).

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

And?

Revenant has considerably low number of skills.
if you even limit that on healing, that would be even less skills.

reaction to having two heals is just as dumb as reacting to how ele has 20 weapon skills (and some of them can even heal)

(edited by Simon.3794)

Revenant Heal

Muchacho.2390

Actually it does since the healing skills give some utility on top of that, while healing signet gives raw healing only. On top of that does having 2 healing skills mean that revenants can easiliy proc on healing skill usage runes.

The proc on healing skill runes all have icds so it is not really an argment (low cooldown healing skills can make the same use of it).

Ok you are saying it gives utilites on top of the healing is a fair point but there is still the fact that it is still TWO skills not one. So we then should be fair enough to compare it also to TWO skills (not one like i did before but that was only to argument that the healing isnt that strong) lets say an healing skill (healing signet) and an utility skill (pick one you like).

Sorry i am still not convinced that it will that strong.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

It sounds about as OP as giving some other class TWO weapons they can switch between and use damage/cc/mobility abilities on both.

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The proc on healing skill runes all have icds so it is not really an argment (low cooldown healing skills can make the same use of it).

Well the icd is 10 seconds most of the time and there is only one healing skill that can reach this without hurting yourself to much (med kit). Revenenant heal can reach this 10 seconds without hurting themselves too much but not regulary.

Ok you are saying it gives utilites on top of the healing is a fair point but there is still the fact that it is still TWO skills not one. So we then should be fair enough to compare it also to TWO skills (not one like i did before but that was only to argument that the healing isnt that strong) lets say an healing skill (healing signet) and an utility skill (pick one you like).

Sorry i am still not convinced that it will that strong.

If I were to pick between an utility from warrior, I cannot make a good comparison since the utilities are to different from the effects of the heal .I would say that it would be around the lvl of physical skills, shouts, signet of might and signet of fury.

If I were to compare between other utility skills I would say cleansing fire is weaker without a doubt (burn does not match potential retaliation, self weakness and potential extra healling).

If I were to freely compare I would compare with the combination with virtue of retribution and absolute resolution. The 2 traits combined give self retaliation, extra healing, 3 condition removal which is not unlike the utility from the healing skills . So you get a 9vsec retaliation vs a 6 second retaliation and 4 sec of weakness (which is an asset for malyx users) and an aoe conition cleanse vs a lower cooldown contion cleanse.

It sounds about as OP as giving some other class TWO weapons they can switch between and use damage/cc/mobility abilities on both.

In general are weapon skills weaker then healing skills and or utility skills.

EverythingOP

Revenant Heal

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I’ve seen a couple of vids where the heal is used and neither healed for a large amount. I imagine they are balanced around the idea you can swap legends and use them both if needed.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.