Revenant Ideas – Kingsbane

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nuddsy.3219

Nuddsy.3219

This is a fan idea for the revenant, this is just a bit of fun speculate on the profession legends. The legend I suggested ‘King Adelbern’ might seem conflicted from a lore perspective, however I thought it would be a cool idea to use and might have some lore into why we choose the particular legends.

Legendary Sorcerer-King Stance – Invoke the power of the legendary Sorcerer-King Adelbern
Heal, Utilities and Elite

Eternal Zeal – Heal Yourself, Heal more for each boon currently applied to you.

Decree of the accursed – Imbue your weapon with the ghosts of Ascalon, granting fury, might, swiftness or regeneration when attacking a foe.

Hollow Exile - Sacrifice two boons to launch a foe away and remove any boons that you have applied to yourself, any enemies in its path are knocked down.

Royal Support – Summon two a royal guards to aid you in battle, if below the boon threshold gain protection and vigor. Royal guards gain bonus damage if you have equal or more boons than the threshold applied to you.

Foefire - Release a surge of mystic light temporally burning away mortal forms of nearby allies granting might and increased energy regeneration. Boon duration is paused.

Trait Line – Conviction

Conviction is a trait line for the revenant that focuses on boon control and the Legendary Sorcerer-King Stance. Per point:

[Adept] Sovereign Rule - Gain might when swapping to the Sorcerer-King Stance.
[Master] Undying Morale – Chance to gain a boon when spending energy.
[Grandmaster] Certain Triumph - Deal increased damage if you have more boons applied to yourself than your target.

[Adept] Partial Dedication - Gaining a boon has a chance to also be applied to nearby allies
[Adept] Vengeful Reclamation – Gain regeneration when you deliver a critical hit.
[Adept] Shifted Treatment – Reviving an ally temporarily places you in the mists becoming invulnerable.
[Master] Recovering Essence – When a boon is removed or expires, heal yourself.
[Master] Investing Defiance - Regenerate health every second when over the boon threshold
[Master] Inspiring Presence - Gain increased Vitality when switching to the Sorcerer-King Stance
[Grandmaster] Ghostly Return – Activating foefire revives the nearest downed ally
[Grandmaster] Unparalleled verve – Skill or abilities that apply might grants an additional stack.
[Grandmaster]Fanatical Grasp – Boons are protected from being removed or stolen when under the health threshold

Any criticism or if you have any better ideas for legends are all welcome and appreciated.

(edited by Nuddsy.3219)

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Just curious. Why? We know what legends they will have. We don’t know exactly what they will do, but we know the names. Why speculate on something that will never happen? And other than being a jerk before AND after death, what is so legendary about Adelbern?

Nuddsy.3219

Yeah i mean Adelburn only used the foefire to create an unrelenting army of ghosts which the charr are still fighting to this day, totally not worth mentioning i guess. On a side note legends can be viewed greatly in their last moments much like King Jalis who is known for performing the Rite of the Great Dwarf. To answer your question why i designed something that will never happen is simple, i enjoy creating ideas. You might not regard the legend as feasible which is fine, just try to take away some of the core ideas i suggested.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I forgot his name, but the King of Orr before it sunk into the sea was more impressive than Adelbern. Just saying.

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Yeah i mean Adelburn only used the foefire to create an unrelenting army of ghosts which the charr are still fighting to this day, totally not worth mentioning i guess. On a side note legends can be viewed greatly in their last moments much like King Jalis who is known for performing the Rite of the Great Dwarf. To answer your question why i designed something that will never happen is simple, i enjoy creating ideas. You might not regard the legend as feasible which is fine, just try to take away some of the core ideas i suggested.

While he created an unending army of ghosts, keep in mind that this army was completely converted against their will, and forced to be enslaved to the foefire for all eternity. The ghosts themselves do not know that they are like this, they still believe they are alive during the war. If they were coherent about it, they would probably all leave and scorn Adelbern, who is in no way Legendary for what he did. He’s just a big selfish, stubborn, blind kitten.

EDIT: The last King of Orr was named King Reza @Ralanost. His Vizier is the one who sunk Orr into the sea, similar to Adelbern but on a much greater scale. If we’re talking about feats of madness I’d take the Vizier over Adelbern.

Nuddsy.3219

>.> back to the drawing board i guess > Legendary Vizier Khilbron

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Also, Addledbrains is not in the Mists. He’s still in AC.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Also, Addledbrains is not in the Mists. He’s still in AC.

This. Until the foefire is ended i fail to see how his power can be summoned, his soul is still in a state of being alive because of the curse! I honestly wouldnt use this, no matter how good it was xD I hated him in the first game, i hate him even more now because of what he has done(in both games)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I forgot his name, but the King of Orr before it sunk into the sea was more impressive than Adelbern. Just saying.

We barely know anything about the Kings of Orr. The guy who sank Orr was a Vizier called Khilbron not a king, I think you are talking about him.

Fade.1743

We barely know anything about the Kings of Orr. The guy who sank Orr was a Vizier called Khilbron not a king, I think you are talking about him.

According to the Personal Story, Reza was the most powerful (magically) ruler of Orr by the time of the Cataclysm. We know he is a descendant of King Doric (like King Addledbrains, Prince Rurik, and Duke Barradin).

Also, Ralanost was talking about the last king of Orr, he/she didn’t say that Reza sunk Orr. Without the powers of Abaddon and the Scroll of magic used to summon the Cataclysm, it’s most likely that Reza is more powerful than Khilbron. Not only that, all player characters have a connection to him through the personal story.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Adelbern won’t be a channeled spirit as it conflicts with the dungeon storyline (and we all know dungeons won’t get major changes). It would make more sense to channel Rurik since his spirit is in the mists and his corpse is probably near the same location where he was last seen— the Ring of Fire Islands. Also, Rytlock is wielding Sohothin, Rurik’s sword, compared to Magdaer, which is supposedly in Eir or her blacksmith friend’s possession.

Nuddsy.3219

In terms of being legendary Rurik in my opinion doesn’t fit the bill, and while the feasibility of Adelburn are stretching it a lot maby a place for it as a Rytlock only channel.
Where do ghosts go when they die ? mists maybe. A long shot i know but from a lore perspective Rytlock ‘kills’ Adelburn in AC > while he regenerates to return > Rytlock finds him in the mists chasing after his lost sword sohothin after the failed ritual > they clash > Rytlock wins > big explosion of power> gets blinded by the mists> before Adelburn can return to the surface he gains control of his spirit allowing for him to channel Adelburn> this allows him to subside the threat of the ghost for a time while he focuses on mordremoth.
Im thinking of redoing the revenant legend idea, atm i leaning towards Urgoz if you have any better legends let me know.

Fade.1743

The ghosts don’t “die”. They reform in Ascalon where they stood when their spirits were removed from their bodies in the Foefire. That’s why Rytlok went into the Mists. He wanted to break the curse of the Foefire.

Also, Rytlok entered the Mists in the Barradin estate, not AC. If anything, he MAY be able to channel Duke Barradin.

In terms of someone being legendary, it only matters that they have a legend behind them (which Rurik has). Rurik would also make more sense to channel by Rytlok. However, I doubt we’ll see anything to do with Rytlok messing with the Foefire until the next Living Story season. It’s a good filler story since it has a ton of lore behind it.

Personally I think we’ll end up having Legendary Vizier: Khilbron, Legendary Mesmer: Gwen Thackery, Legendary Asura: Vekk, and then the Legendary Ascended Hero (aka, something to connect to the GW1 player characters). At least for future specialization.

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I think Queen Nadijeh could be cool. Founder of the sun spears and all is pretty important and she was a Primeval King. Just food for thought
I would love an asura legend though

(edited by oscuro.9720)

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

As having human legendary figures (such as Barradin, Adelbern, or Gwen): that won’t work.

Do you think they will lend their powers to charrs ? That wouldn’t make sense lore-wise…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

witcher.3197

According to the Personal Story, Reza was the most powerful (magically) ruler of Orr by the time of the Cataclysm. We know he is a descendant of King Doric (like King Addledbrains, Prince Rurik, and Duke Barradin).

Also, Ralanost was talking about the last king of Orr, he/she didn’t say that Reza sunk Orr. Without the powers of Abaddon and the Scroll of magic used to summon the Cataclysm, it’s most likely that Reza is more powerful than Khilbron. Not only that, all player characters have a connection to him through the personal story.

We know a lot more about Khilbron, he played a major role in GW1’s story. Reza on the other hand barely shows up once or twice in GW2 which makes him a lot less likely candidate compared to the vizier.

But we already know the legends anyways: Mallyx, Jalis, Shiro, Ventari and Glint.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

As having human legendary figures (such as Barradin, Adelbern, or Gwen): that won’t work.

Do you think they will lend their powers to charrs ? That wouldn’t make sense lore-wise…

Shiro is human as well and appears to be one of the legends. If you mean Ascalonian humans specifically then I agree with you that those humans are unlikely.

Though I don’t think their willingness to lend their power is a factor here. Mallyx and Shiro seem like guys who would not be very interested in helping mortals fighting dragons and what not. Thus I think it has more to do with the Revenant wanting to channel legends and being able to channel legends than with those legends approving of being channeled.

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Fade.1743

I doubt Shiro Tagachi will be called Legendary Human. He’d probably be either known as Legendary Assassin (since one part of his legend comes from assassinating a Canthan emperor) or Legendary Envoy (which I think is MUCH more likely).

Outside of maybe King Doric, I doubt any future human legends would be called Legendary Human. It’d be too confusing if we had multiple human legends (which is a fair assumption to make since there are plans for more specializations in the future) and one was named Legendary human and the rest were named legendary _.

witcher.3197

Shiro is human as well and appears to be one of the legends. If you mean Ascalonian humans specifically then I agree with you that those humans are unlikely.

Though I don’t think their willingness to lend their power is a factor here. Mallyx and Shiro seem like guys who would not be very interested in helping mortals fighting dragons and what not. Thus I think it has more to do with the Revenant wanting to channel legends and being able to channel legends than with those legends approving of being channeled.

Legends talk to players during combat. I’ve heard the Mallxy lines are about unleashing your power and give in to Mallyx, becoming his minion which he could use to break free.

So they have their own reasons to land their power to us :P

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Diovid: you are right, yet as said witcher, I also assumed that the legends are somehow aware they are helping you since they talk to you. But indeed, a revenant could harness the power of the mist without the legends’ consent.

Anyway, no matter the reason, I don’t think having Gwen as a legend usable by charrs would be a good thing lore-wise. In the end, we could extrapolate and say “since Zhaitan is dead, we can use its powers” and the game would run amok.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Kormir

Dante.1763

Kormir

Kormir is a god. you cant really harness a god, unless you want to become its avatar(ALA dervish from GW1) which would be neat, but not for the revenant.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Kormir

Kormir is a god. you cant really harness a god, unless you want to become its avatar(ALA dervish from GW1) which would be neat, but not for the revenant.

I don’t know, I could somewhat see a dervish specialization fit the revenant. Although, on the other hand, Charr dervishes wouldn’t really work so maybe not.

Dante.1763

I don’t know, I could somewhat see a dervish specialization fit the revenant. Although, on the other hand, Charr dervishes wouldn’t really work so maybe not.

But from what i remember the gods arent talking at the moment, so it would be difficult to bring avatars back anyways. Cant become the avatar of something when they arent answering prayers!

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

While he created an unending army of ghosts, keep in mind that this army was completely converted against their will, and forced to be enslaved to the foefire for all eternity. The ghosts themselves do not know that they are like this, they still believe they are alive during the war. If they were coherent about it, they would probably all leave and scorn Adelbern, who is in no way Legendary for what he did. He’s just a big selfish, stubborn, blind kitten.

It doesn’t matter if he is a good guy or not. You don’t need to have a beer with him or anything.

Mallyx was a Demon in service to Abbadon and led Margonites against Kormir after Abby’s death. GW1 players went into the DoA to kill him. He was far from a hero and good guy.

Shiro Tagachi betrayed his Emperor and killed him on the Harvest Festival. It took two Canthan champions to put him down and his death turned the Echovald Forests to stone and the Sea to Jade. Mind you, those who lived there were also washed over by this magic.

He didn’t stop there though. As an envoy of souls, Shiro tortured and enslaved the souls of the newly departed to create an army of his own. Not content to remain between life and death, Shiro planned a return to corporeal form. His evil energies actually caused a plague in Cantha as well, resulting in even more death.

He eventually returns to mortal form after spilling Imperial blood….again….and then GW1 players kill him.

So….these Legends are not all good guys. Adelbern is Legendary enough to stand with them imo, but sadly they can’t have the Revenant use that many stances.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Just curious. Why? We know what legends they will have. We don’t know exactly what they will do, but we know the names. Why speculate on something that will never happen?

Maybe for future reference?

P.S: Can you see the future?