Revenant Legends Data Mined. Spoiler.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CobrasVenom.6539

CobrasVenom.6539

lol Sylvari favoritism. How dare they add a Legend relevant to the Sylvari in an expansion that deals with the dragon that they come from! Just blatant favoritism!
Humans kinda had an entire game centering on them from what I know of GW1’s plot(s)… another race sorta gets an expansion (an expansion that seems to be filled with NPCs who hate them and want to kill them) and a couple important characters and oh god noooo why ArenaNet why do you love the plant people so much! /s
For those of us who ACTUALLY LIKE sylvari (yeah, we do exist) Ventari is a nice addition.

@that Factions trailer video: holy wow. Looks like I might drop Mallyx for Shiro. Flashy dual-wield sword attacks yes pls.

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

All other legends are race founders, except glint. Glint is a dragon. Glint had egg.s Legends are founders of their races. Glint player dragon race confirmed!

How is Shiro a founder of a race? Mallyx was a Morganite leader, not a founder. Jhalis is also far from the founder of Dwarves, in fact he oversaw the destruction of that race. Unless you consider the stone version of Dwarves a new race, but even then it was “The Great Dwarf” who designed the ritual.

I took liberties.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Revenant is also on the character creation screen. However, it’s grayed out.

Attachments:

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

That feel when Shiro’s Elite is Jade Wind and AoE stuns.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I am SO down to doing twin sword Shiro 24/7.

WATAH!

Also, they better release his dual katana on release. Imma be real mad if they do not. Also if you die, you should turn the entire zone to Jade and fossil lol!

Video is for those who do not know Shiro, the angry dude in red armor is him.

Btw, they are coming out with a knife and 1h sword version of katana. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2z9aiz/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_hot_closed/

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Disappointed about Ventari. Obviously ArenaNet’s way of carrying on SylvariWars2

They could have picked any other character, and they pick some meaningless fodder NPC who only appears twice, and is known for planting a tree. The two kids who used to play behind the LA bank are more worthy of being legends, due to actually doing something with their life (encouraging racial tolerance).

Jora, Pyre, Gwen, Kalla, all would have been more meaningful than Ventari.

Did he even plant the tree? Was it not Ronan who planted the tree atop the graves of his family?

Ifk, but I was especially fond of the little chat I had with him when the White Mantle were attacking the outpost and I asked him for help and he flat refused, saying,

“Vaylor sent you to me no doubt. I am sorry, but I cannot involve myself in the political affairs of humans. I hope you understand. While we have been chatting, it seems your other friends of White have surrounded my refuge. Nevertheless, peace is the path I walk. I must remain neutral.”

And I’m like, cool story bro. I’ll just go out there and fight to save your hairy (BLEEP) while you sit safe and snug inside.

I can see his skills now
“I’m not involved in this fight. I’ll just stand here”
“You guys go ahead and do the dirty work. My job is to sit under this tree and think pure thought and keep my hands clean”
“Can you kill somewhere else? I’m trying to smell the flowers here and that blood is stinky”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

WATAH!

Also, they better release his dual katana on release. Imma be real mad if they do not. Also if you die, you should turn the entire zone to Jade and fossil lol!

You cannot go twin sword, at least according to the datamined weapons+skills for the Revenant.

Those show offhand dagger, main hand sword, shield, and staff. Sure, it is possible they might get OH-Sword, too, but the currently known/coded weapons do not include it :/ So you’d have to use Sword/Dagger instead… Thing is, that would give the Rev the same amount of weapon combos that the other non-weapon-swap professions have.

Picture of the current (maybe placeholder) skills :

http://i.imgur.com/SjX7u2A.png

Taken from this thread : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Revenant-weapon-skills/first#post4888928

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

WATAH!

You cannot go twin sword, at least according to the datamined weapons+skills for the Revenant.

Those show offhand dagger, main hand sword, shield, and staff. Sure, it is possible they might get OH-Sword, too, but the currently known/coded weapons do not include it :/ So you’d have to use Sword/Dagger instead… Thing is, that would give the Rev the same amount of weapon combos that the other non-weapon-swap professions have.

Taken from this thread : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Revenant-weapon-skills/first#post4888928

If they can use impossible odds or war scars like Shiro does, I can imagine they can do some pretty impressive move shown in the trailer.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

WATAH!

If they can use impossible odds or war scars like Shiro does, I can imagine they can do some pretty impressive move shown in the trailer.

Never said anything against that, i just said dual wielding swords might not be possible.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Ventari? seriously? a legend? he only found a seed, we saw him like 2 times in the first game and he was not this important…

Anet never described or showed him as a warrior, you only saw him as a seeker of peace.

Would be a good idea though to showcase each legend in their time as what they once were in short trailer clips.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ventari…meh…

Well their choices are i think based on psihology.
1. These are dudes u encountered both in GW1 and 2 through lore cutscenes etc. so both old and new players know who they are
2. Their names have to subtly inspire you what they actually do…the abilities they give u
3. They have to be memorable and easy to identify.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Here’s how i see them personally:

Shiro – DPS (painfully obvious)

Glint – mobility (The zephyrite aspects are often attributed to Glint, so i imagine the skills will allow you a wide range of mobility and CC like immobilize or slow – yes slow and not cripple)

Ventari – Boon/support (Ventari is almost painfully a supportive type – even his ascended inscription shows so. As such i can see clerical/support abilities from his stance, possibly even buffs. might pair well with the ultra violent Shiro stance.)

Posted by: Jayze.9756

Jayze.9756

I dont see why some ppl appeared to be suprised about Ventari he has a connection to the sylvari so seems to me a reasonable choice not only that but the Revenant spec hasnt been datamined as i dont believe either staff or dagger will be its specilisation weapon i think they would more likely gain another ranged option as hammer is there only one if the datamining is correct so in theory there could at least be one more legend to come

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

He found three new legends:

• Glint
  • Ventari
  • Shiro Tagachi

I would expect:

• Glint: support, caster
  • Shiro: burst-like damage
  • Ventari: mobility (he’s a centaur and basically the only important centaur in the game; and centaurs have been linked to mobility, such as the Rune of the Centaur being linked to swiftness).

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

What I would love to see is glint be more offensive support opposed to defensive, as we already have jalis with his aoe endure pain. Also it could be fun to summon constructs as through glint (maybe go more the ritualist route). But either way im excited to see what they do with it. Just crossing my fingers the glint legend is good cause I quite like the idea of channeling a dragon. =P

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

We need to have Shiro’s swords in GW2. The most important thing is to make sure that this time, unlike in GW: Factions, the in-game model of Shiro’s blades/swords actually matches with the swords he wields in the Factions trailer. I was so disappointed back in GW: Factions that the daggers/sword wasn’t exactly like the one seen in the trailer/wallpaper.