Revenant Specialization too?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Pretty much the title.

I don’t think anyone has really asked yet, but since it was mentioned somewhere that all the current professions were getting one to start out with, I was wondering if the Revenant will get one as well, just to keep things even.

By no means would it make things uneven if the new profession did not, considering it is just being released and thus would already throw a curveball in the grand scheme of balancing. I am merely curious…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

It has been confirmed that the revenant will get its own specialization, too. Since we are barely familiar with the base mechanics of the profession, though, we can’t even begin to speculate what the specialization will be.

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Yes, the Revenant will have a specialization as well.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

….and there is no way we could persuade to give us some form of a small spoiler right?

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

I work on systems, skills, and balance, among other things.
Also the designer for the Revenant. xD

Loving your signature man.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Will it have weapon swap? How many class machanic skills (F1, F2…)?

Or… may be just the name of a single weapon skill?

Throw us a bone man!

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Throw us a bone man!

He wont give us his toy.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

He wont give us his toy.

More like, he is probably anxious to show us his new class, but he can’t yet.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Ritualists confirmed!

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Throw us a bone man!

Unfortunately, I can’t yet. Quite a bit of info will be coming soon™ though. Sooner then you may think.

Also, if any of you are at PAX East or Rezzed make sure to come check out the demo of the expansion where you can try the profession for the first time. I’ll personally be at PAX East and I’m really excited to show everything off.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Hi Roy,

Sorry to go off topic, but I am looking at going to Rezzed on the Saturday 14th, are you able to tell us who will be attending at Rezzed? Also, will Anet be doing any talks there? Really looking forward to checking out the demo

On topic, I expected the Rev to get a specialization. I think it would have felt a bit strange if it didn’t. I suspect the mechanic (F keys) will be to do with the legends they can summon, so I am guessing all 4 F keys will be used.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Hi Roy,

Sorry to go off topic, but I am looking at going to Rezzed on the Saturday 14th, are you able to tell us who will be attending at Rezzed? Also, will Anet be doing any talks there? Really looking forward to checking out the demo

On topic, I expected the Rev to get a specialization. I think it would have felt a bit strange if it didn’t. I suspect the mechanic (F keys) will be to do with the legends they can summon, so I am guessing all 4 F keys will be used.

I don’t think we are putting out lists of who goes where. I know we’ll have the demo at Rezzed as well. But besides that can’t say much. You’ll have to let me know what you think!

Yeah, it would have been strange to be like all current professions get this thing, but not the new one. But, as I said Revenant will have one like the rest of the professions.

As far as the profession mechanic goes, I can’t talk about that yet. Info will be coming soon™ though. I can’t wait to be able to delve deeper into the details of the Revenant.

Posted by: Lex.9071

Lex.9071

I just read "soon™ " twice.
SOON TM => Did it realy means TM => Tomorrow
Or is this just a little peace of junk there on my monitor ?!

Scoobaniec.9561

“Soon” = 2-3 weeks?

DiogoSilva.7089

Unfortunately, I can’t yet. Quite a bit of info will be coming soon™ though. Sooner then you may think.

Hello, Roy. I’ve always wanted to invest in a heavy armored profession, but I dislike non-magical classes (Warrior), and Guardian is stricly too defensive for me (I’m more into professions that offer a higher diversity of damage and/ or control builds). Is the Revenant for me? :P

Scoobaniec.9561

Hello, Roy. I’ve always wanted to invest in a heavy armored profession, but I dislike non-magical classes (Warrior), and Guardian is stricly too defensive for me (I’m more into professions that offer a higher diversity of damage and/ or control builds). Is the Revenant for me? :P

Nice try but he already told us at some point that revenant = dark knight

The Revenant is quite different from both the guardian and the warrior professions. Think a darker heavy armor class that imbues magic and power of the mists into it’s attacks, along with drawing power from past legends.

DiogoSilva.7089

The Revenant is quite different from both the guardian and the warrior professions. Think a darker heavy armor class that imbues magic and power of the mists into it’s attacks, along with drawing power from past legends.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. The dark knight-ish influences are very enticing. :P

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I get that the devs have their hands tied in regards to giving out info, but could someone please put up a schedule of WHEN you’ll be talking about things like you did with the feature packs?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Revenant = Dark Knight
Dark Knight = Batman
Batman has a cape…

Capes confirmed.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Revenant = Dark Knight
Dark Knight = Batman
Batman has a cape…

Capes confirmed.

Don’t toy with my feelings with your epic equations! I’ve been wanting capes since GW2 launched

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

TM= “trademarked” —it’s just a little joke about how they say “soon” all the time.

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

It sounds like you’ll enjoy the Revenant, but you’ll have to try it and let me know what you think.

DiogoSilva.7089

It sounds like you’ll enjoy the Revenant, but you’ll have to try it and let me know what you think.

I can’t wait.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

So its gonna be one specialization per class at release?

DiogoSilva.7089

So its gonna be one specialization per class at release?

Yes.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

When is pax east?

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

When is pax east?

March 6th through the 8th.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

“Soon” = 2-3 weeks?

Soon = Less than eternity, but greater than tomorrow.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Do a Google Sapience LOTRO and soon.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

That’s more reassuring than you may think.
Two months for any info on Revenant at all is a long time. One month is torelable but still long, around three weeks from now would be sooner than what I’d expect.

I’m most interested in getting to know the game play. Warrior’s weapon skills fluidity with some decent (but not great) mobility, with Ele/engy like utility (quality and quantity!), decent long range weapon option (for once for a heavy user, plz) with a complex profession mechanic, anyone?

You’ve already been saying more than enough though, thanks for that.