Revenant Stance

Revenant Stance

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kolinkar.4167

Kolinkar.4167

I finally rolled a revenant and I’m lost in the Stances. I see Legendary Dwarf Stance. I have no idea what it is or what it means, but I have it. There is a number, 50%, in the middle of some arrows and there is some kind of scale underneath it with pretty icy, glowy stuff. I mouse over it and get nothing. It says I can “Invoke the power of the legendary dwarf King Jalis Ironhammer.” Sounds pretty cool. What does it mean?

I get to leveling – ignoring the “go straight to lvl 20” scrolls that I have accrued because, well, I want to learn the class. Eventually I figure out that I can get another stance. I opt for Legendary Centaur because it sounds kind of defensive. Good, since I’m lazy and I’m running EotM. Now the six slot is blinking at me to choose a heal skill. I see “Ventari’s Will” which looks useful, but I can’t select it and don’t see it in any of the Skills that can be trained.

All I want is to be able to figure this out in-game without searching the internet for everything. I know I’m not the brightest bulb, but what am I missing in-game that would help me understand this class better?

The relentless pursuit of mediocrity.

(edited by Kolinkar.4167)

Revenant Stance

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

You can pick 2 different Stances into combat (out of total 5). While in the combat you can swap between those 2 stances (swap has 10 second cooldown).

Unlike every other class, Revenant can not hand-pick utility/heal/elite skills. Once you choose your Stance, all your heal/utility/elite skills are automatically filled based on current stance. When you swap Stance, all your heal/utility/elite skills are swapped too.

Now the Energy. Again, unlike every other class revenant is blessed with double-gated skills. Think of it as Mana pool. Other classes have cooldowns on the skills. Revenant has cooldowns AND energy cost on most skills (not all). While out of combat your energy pool is set to 50%, while in the combat it will slowly fill up until it reaches 100%.

Rev has 2 type of skills:
1 – skills that have set energy cost. For example Sword 5 skill Grasping Shadow has 15 second cooldown and 15 energy cost. If your current energy level is below 15, you can not cast it, even if it’s out of cooldown.

2 – skills that you turn ON and while they are active, they constantly use energy. For example Vengeful Hammers skill from Legendary Dwarf Stance uses 7 energy per second while it is active. You can turn it off again to save energy or once you run out of energy, it will turn off automatically.

Revenant Stance

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

nooo don’t read anything!!!! just keep going and keep unlocking stuff, you get those skill slots from investing points the same way that you unlocked the stance