Revenant Tank-Healer Build

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

I came up with this build now since we have the major healing and supportive traits out.

Area – Thought mainly for WvW huge pugs, In PvP and PvE I’d like to wait the damage legend

Weapon – Staff for front-mid line / Hammer for mid-back line
Gear – Nomad and Cleric

Role – you don’t need to make damage, you support – heal your allies in huge fights and stay front/mid line (you need to hit to heal if you use Staff)
Traits~

Why Salvation III? Because regen can be given by others. You need to max healing. Occasionally if the cooldown for the healing skill in Ventari is short, you can think about II

Why Salvation VI? Same as above, consider swapping to V against heavy condis.
Why Salvation VII? Same as above, consider VIII if orbs can be spammed with healing Ventari skill.
Why Retribution II? Tanky trait
Why Retribution VI? Same as above, IV is too long of a cooldown
Why Retribution XII? Cause healing + tanky = awesome
Why Invocation II? Easy condi clean
Why Invocation V? Cause it heals you for everything you do, consider IV but you don’t want to go too much below the threshold
Why Invocation IX? cause it’s the only truly supportive one, plus it’s a win-win no matter your energy

I’m gonna use this build, I’d like to know what do you think about it :P

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

I am thinking of going with those 3 specs as well at least until we see whats next for reveals but mostly same thought only differences would be depending on what game mode playing.

For instance if your going for WvW oriented I would use the Daze Salvation elite rather than extra outgoing healing as you will already be able to do a good amount of extra healing but a daze which you can spam twice (1 for each stance) thats 4 seconds daze on top of other effects like knockback on ventari or defence boost on jalis

Just to clarify tho is the healing 18% + 1 for every 100 healing power so if at 1200 HP then 30%?

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYEZAK8A6w~

Thats what i would run as a bunker build, maybe with blinding truths instead but i need to play it first and see myself how smooth tablet is.

obey me

Posted by: Ferever.7014

Ferever.7014

http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgYEeAK8A6w~

• Weapons – Staff (For heals and main weapon)
  • Alternate weapon – Hammer
    Armor Set – Full Nomads mainly this build for WvW and Small Scale PVP Fights. Also PvE Depending on what Heart of thorns offers us and my reasons why I chose those traits and also other options.
  • Sigils
  • Sigil of Purity (Condition Removal)
  • Sigil of Frailty/Chill (If I want to inflict Vulnerablity or Chill) Hmmm good for my damage dealers or CC.

Rune sets

• Runes of Melandru That reduced condition duration will be most needed in WvW and PvP so this is my go to set. Also another reason why I chose this using ventaru with jalis you will have a huge target on your back so anything to reduce condition duration is a plus.

Salvation

• Nourishing Roots – Well the reason I choice this trait is because normally in WvW fights the back lines are aimed for first so if I can keep the backline alive then they can keep providing the support. Also if you don’t want to be in the frontline you can keep this trait and be a backline Rev.
  • Invoking Harmony – I plan switching between Jalis/Ventari in fightning so that 20% will be kept up however the second choice I like is…
  • Eluding Nullification – Now if I’m more frontline rev (still debating on that) I will go with this and help Warriors and Guardians condition cleanse I can also see this work in the backlines as well only problems I see is the small radius and the internal cooldown.
  • Tranquil Benediction – Hmm another good choice for frontline fighters just gotta make sure they are aware that the orbs are on the ground I don’t see this used in huge scale fights ,but more like 10v10s.

Overall I like all three choices so I will switch with those depending on the scenario.

• Natural Abundance – Phew for small scale fighting this will be amazing to use I can drop fragments with each skill use. I figure a ICD will be in play here if not hmm I can use it in frontline fightning. Other choices I can go with is.
  • Selfless Amplifcation – Since I’m using Full Nomad my healing power stat will be really high.
  • Momentary Pacification If I need to go more Crowd Control in fights this will work indeed.

Retribution

• Close Quarters – Mainly to reduce damage from ranged DPS and use that chance while in Jalis to use the chain to pull them closer.
  • Redeeming Protection or * Eye For an Eye – Both are good traits I would go for Eye for an Eye for a extra taunt though the 45 second cooldown balances it out or if I need more damage reduction I’m going with Redeeming Protection.
  • Rejuvenating Steadfast Just to keep myself in the game depending on the % of each heal and the scales I can see myself being in the frontlines for awhile I am however worried about the burst damage though.

Invocation

• Cleansing Channel – Just to clear conditions hoping to see if they have a ICD.
  • Invigorating Howl – 5 Second cooldown if you can manage your energy usage I can see this being good for sustain of course.
  • Shrouding Mists – A interesting last trait if my energy is a certain point I take less damage which is always good ,but if my energy is up I will heal my allies or myself more.

My build is subject to change once we get numbers and see how much each heal does.

(edited by Ferever.7014)

Syrpharon.7491

I am thinking of going with those 3 specs as well at least until we see whats next for reveals but mostly same thought only differences would be depending on what game mode playing.

For instance if your going for WvW oriented I would use the Daze Salvation elite rather than extra outgoing healing as you will already be able to do a good amount of extra healing but a daze which you can spam twice (1 for each stance) thats 4 seconds daze on top of other effects like knockback on ventari or defence boost on jalis

Just to clarify tho is the healing 18% + 1 for every 100 healing power so if at 1200 HP then 30%?

Let’s assume to have 1400 healing power.
Every 100 HP you get 1% outgoing heal, so it’s 14%
The buff we get from what it says should work together with the increase of outgoing, so we should have either a sum (18+14= 32%) or a percentage.

If the above numbers are true, adding all the other percentages in Salvation we get
Salvation spec (55%) + Invocation IX (percentage unknown) + Salvation VII alone (32%) = at least 87% of healing power just from traits.

87% + 10% (monk rune) + 12,5% (sigil of benevolence) = 109,5% healing power

This means that the 109,5% of 1400 is 1533.
We should have a 9,5% increase in healing effectiveness.

But since I’m bad at math, somebody else calculate, I’ve surely messed up

(edited by Syrpharon.7491)

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

I’m all for tanks, but I can’t imagine playing with nomad gear.
That’d be just painfully slow

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

The buff we get from what it says should work together with the increase of outgoing, so we should have either a sum (18+14= 32%) or a percentage.

If the above numbers are true, adding all the other percentages in Salvation we get
Salvation spec (55%) + Invocation IX (percentage unknown) + Salvation VII alone (32%) = at least 87% of healing power just from traits.

I was always under the impression that it’s a flat increase to the skills heal so if ur skill heals for 1500 then it will heal for 3k if you have 100% outgoing healing boost. It doesn’t make sense to waste all that just for a couple hundred extra healing power…

Posted by: Ludwig.4138

Ludwig.4138

You multiplied your healing power by that 109.5% you came up with, but that % is all bonus. Like if I have 1500 healing and just run monk runes and get the 10%, then my effective healing power is not 10% of 1500 (= 150). It is 1500 + 150 (the 10% bonus on top of my normal amount) = 1650.

So if you go balls to the wall healer like that, then you really need to multiply your beginning healing power by 209.5%. You would effectively send out heals with the strength of over 3000 healing power.

Just in case anyone didn’t follow, you already have 100% just because you have a stat number that is 100% of itself. Any bonus gets added on top of the existing 100%.

Syrpharon.7491

You multiplied your healing power by that 109.5% you came up with, but that % is all bonus. Like if I have 1500 healing and just run monk runes and get the 10%, then my effective healing power is not 10% of 1500 (= 150). It is 1500 + 150 (the 10% bonus on top of my normal amount) = 1650.

So if you go balls to the wall healer like that, then you really need to multiply your beginning healing power by 209.5%. You would effectively send out heals with the strength of over 3000 healing power.

Just in case anyone didn’t follow, you already have 100% just because you have a stat number that is 100% of itself. Any bonus gets added on top of the existing 100%.

Thanks.
Overall doesn’t look so bad. It should be able to support provided the Ventari tablet to stay the same as now. Alright, you won’t be doing any damage, but this is not what this build is for, plus your pugs will do damage for ya.

At this point there’s one question: is it too good of a healing for them to keep it like this? Would be game-breaking somehow? To me it doesn’t seem so, but then again…

Posted by: Ludwig.4138

Ludwig.4138

It’s gonna be a beastly build if the game goes in that direction, and I hope it does. To be useful in PvE, we would need more of something like agony. One application of it (with little resist) could kill you, but there is reaction time and it is probably more than a normal self-heal can handle.