Revenant Trait Discussion with screenies

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hi guys! So I took a screenie of every trait of the Revenant we got available.

My initial impressions are quite apprehensive, this class looks like it could be extremely strong, especially with Celestial gear(yes I know its getting nerfed).

Here is the full album : http://imgur.com/gallery/tciK9/new

Right so I am gonna list my concerns and traits that are really good and synergize a bit toooooooo well.

1. Pulsating Pestilence : Chance to copy all the condition currently on you when struck. 15% chance. Duration 3secs. 240Radius. 5 targets. 15seconds cooldown.
This one sounds a bit nuts. 5 targets is my main concern.

2. Close quarters : Foes that strike you from farther away deal less damage. 10%. Range threshold 600.
Not that strong on its own, but combine it with an excessive amount of other passive damage mitigation that will come up later, ouch. I will be listing them further.

3. Improved aggression : Taunted foes deal less damage to you. Taunt has an increased duration when applied to nonplayer characters. 20% reduced damage. Duration increase 100%.
Duration is fine for PvE, but hell 20% reduction. Mama mia!

4. Eye for an Eye : When disabled apply taunt to that foe. 3Secs. MOAR synergy, ouch.

5. Retaliation Evasion : Gain retaliation after you dodge. NO CD! Not so bad, BUT next trait is what makes it OP.

6. Empowering Vengeance : Gain might when struck under the effect of retaliation. 1sec internal. 1stack for 8secs.

7. Redeeming protection : Gain protection when disabled for 3secs. 5sec internal. More damage mitigation that actually stacks with all the previous.

8. Chance when struck to heal yourself. Change 50%. AMOUNT is crazy, 503. Keep in mind we used cele gear in the beta event.

9. Cruel Repercussions : An ADEPT trait! When one of your attacks are negated your next attack will deal bonus damage. Within 10 secs. 15 Second CD. 50 percent bonus damage. I hope this does not apply after crit is applied.

10. Fierce infusion : Using a heal skill grants fury. 8secs on 20sec internal CD. Just the start of a lot of fury. Also an ADEPT trait.

11. Invigorating Flow : Heal yourself when you use a skill that has an energy cost. 370 heal. 5 sec internal CD. Energy is a fast regenerating managed resource that the revenant uses to use utility skills, all these skills are on a pretty low CD.

12. Incensed Response : Gain fury when you break out of stun. 10 secs on a 10 sec internal CD. More fury anyone?

13. Roiling mists : Critical hit chance increases effectiveness when you are under the effect of fury. 50% increased. Yes ON TOP of fury. Ouchy…

14. Charged mists : Gain might when you use a skill that drops your energy below the threshold. 50 energy. 2 stacks for 12secs. No internal CD AT ALL. Now you basically start a fight at 50 CD and it rapidly generates when in combat. Its VERY easy to spend due to low CD utilities(like 5-8 seconds) and also to recover, way to easy to manage for this kind of trait to exist as is.

Minor traits :

15. Replenishing orb : Summon an orb of mist when you use energy(short CD utilities) that heals allies and is destroyed when it passes through them. Lasts 10 seconds. Heals for 430. 240 Radius. 1second internal CD.

16. Determined Resolution : Takes reduced damage under the damage threshold. – 5 % at under 50% HP. Not much but more passive damage mitigation.

17. Unwavering Avoidance : Gain stability on dodge. 2.5secs. No internal CD. So thats Stability + retal on dodge, and if you get attacked thereafter, have some might aswell.

18. Enduring Recovery : Chance when struck to gain endurance. 10second internal CD. Trigger chance 50%. 15 endurance gained. More bloody damage mitigation! And on a minor.

In short I hope these get balanced around each other. I am no balance pro, but these concerned me.
Right, thanks for reading. Feel free to input and discuss!

EDIT : Some side notes.
A. The Mace/Axe combo has access to an 8second CD(i think, might be one or 2 seconds up or down) and a 5 second CD fire field (which I believes lasts 2 seconds). With some boon/might duration, thats a large amount of might from 2 skills.
B. They have a pulsing stab field on a 5 second CD that costs 25(25% of bar) energy. On cap thats 100% uptime if you are concentrating and not spamming utilities too much.
C. High base HP(I sat on ~22000 untraited) with cele gear, unlike Cele Ele or Cele Engi.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Looks like it has good synergy, more traitlines should be like this instead of trying to get traits nerfed and unwanted.

Novuake.2691

Looks like it has good synergy, more traitlines should be like this instead of trying to get traits nerfed and unwanted.

I agree that most traits are pretty good instead of like some of the current classes with useless traits, which is REALLY nice.

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

Rev traits are half-finished in the old trait system, IMHO no worth talking at the moment, since there (in the beta) you could mix them as you like. Who knows how devs will organize traits for the new system?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I like that traits have perfect synergy. I love Invocation. Best traitline ever.

Besides that observation, talking about current state of Revenant is like commenting on pre-alpha. Main mechanic is there. I like it, though I’d like to see Utilities shifting/alternating themselves based on energy management.

Revenant also needs at least 3 more utilities to choose from on every Legend. Without that, it will be painfully obvious is PvP and lack in diversity.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yup had a lot of fun on Revenant last night. As you say those traits that work on dodge are OP. Stability on dodge, Retaliation on Dodge and then Might when struck while you have retaliation….lol

And the sustain was amazing. Heal when condition applied to you, heal when struck. heal yourself when using a skill that has an energy cost (which was all of them i think!)

Then the Axe/Mace combo was pretty neat i thought. One skill was a fire field and another was a blast finisher. Both on short cooldowns. So MORE might stacking!!!

Im looking forward to making a Revenant when HoT is released.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Novuake.2691

Rev traits are half-finished in the old trait system, IMHO no worth talking at the moment, since there (in the beta) you could mix them as you like. Who knows how devs will organize traits for the new system?

Isn’t the point of a beta to discuss these things? Final or not. Feedback is required.

Novuake.2691

yup had a lot of fun on Revenant last night. As you say those traits that work on dodge are OP. Stability on dodge, Retaliation on Dodge and then Might when struck while you have retaliation….lol

And the sustain was amazing. Heal when condition applied to you, heal when struck. heal yourself when using a skill that has an energy cost (which was all of them i think!)

Then the Axe/Mace combo was pretty neat i thought. One skill was a fire field and another was a blast finisher. Both on short cooldowns. So MORE might stacking!!!

Im looking forward to making a Revenant when HoT is released.

The class was definitely tons of fun with a lot of neat combos and synergies going for it!

The hammer was a bit underwhelming since they have 2 short CD blasts, but 2 problems with it.

1. They are at range.
2. Limited self made fields to combo with.