Revenant and GS?

Revenant and GS?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Auditore.8926

Auditore.8926

I’m just curious if a Revenant would be able to equip a Greatsword.

I know it’s a heavy armored shamanistic class, but both Warrior and Guardian are eligible for wielding a Greatsword, and I kinda have this idea to make a Spiritual Sylvari Samurai-ish character with the release of the Revenant class in HoT. I’ve got several armor ideas for her, and Belinda’s GS would fit in so well with my theme.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

they should make a feature of this expansion “everybody gets greatswords”, because everyone keeps asking to get greatswords added to their profession of choice.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

From the trailer (and it being confirmed it’s not a spear), it seems like their main melee weapon may be a melee staff. Also the seen main hand sword.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Bloo oo ka choo.8450

Bloo oo ka choo.8450

I personally wouldn’t care to see another gs wielding class. Maybe if they made more gs that weren’t comically large (such as Cobalt and its sibling) I wouldn’t dislike them so much. :P

melee staff

The idea of a melee staff makes me so happy it hurts. Yes, please!

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Maybe it won’t have access to GS all the other heavy classes already have access to it, I don’t know if that was a melee staff on the trailer or a land spear, personally I would have loved a 2 handed axe for this new class…

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

As someone who has a strong greatsword fetish… yes please.

Since beta access I’ve had problems choosing a profession and Revenant having a greatsword would be make my choice so easy and I can finally stop switching my main every other month. However, it seems that they will be able to dual wield swords, and that’ll be sufficient to me… but greatsword please.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Personally I hope they don’t get the GS. There are already too many of them around. I love the idea of a mêlée staff weapon though. Unique to GW2 and something I’ve wanted to see for a very long time.

They’ll already be even more Twilights running around with Necro greatswords, we really don’t need any more.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

2 1H Swords and a Shiro Channel

’nuf said

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I think melee staff would be pretty sweet. I could see greatsword being an option, as well as hammer (only 2 classes use hammer, so someone else is going to get it). Also mace, shield, and sword are deffinetly possibilities.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

No GS for the love of GW2!!! Make the power melee staff happen.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Tbh, I’m not a big fan of GS.
I like how a class can finally put hammer in good usage in PVE contents, which would be revenant. Also, the mace looks promising too.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sure it will.

Sex and Greatsword sell!

Soon every profession will get one!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I can imaginene it already..Since Revenant use wepaons diffrent than eveyrone else

Warrior – dps
Guard – dps
Ranger – defensive weapon
Mesmer – long range dps
Necromancer – pretty possible that they will use it as a dps weapon as well

=….

Revenant with condition based gs? Lol

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Agile Sound.7516

Agile Sound.7516

Considering what we’ve seen from the skills of the other weapon sets I’m starting to have doubts about it.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I really hope they do not use GS…
Promote some new weapons.

Also there is atleast 4 same post within a week asking if Rev gets GS, checking before posting always helps…

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I really hope they do not use GS…
Promote some new weapons.

Also there is atleast 4 same post within a week asking if Rev gets GS, checking before posting always helps…

This post was made first… 24 days ago.

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Melee Staffs…. cool, but as a replacement for Great Sword/Hammer,,,, nope….

Revenant and GS?

Posted by: Toramino.4381

Toramino.4381

Give Revenant GS! Please. For the love of all that is good, give Rev access to GS. PLEASE! I don’t care if it’s a popular weapon. Just let us have both Staff and GS. That way everyone is happy.

My dream right now is playing a GS Revenant.

Also, after seeing what they did with Hammer, I started to think about how other weapons could be done differently. And for GS, I was thinking instead of slow powerful attacks, it could be a fast weapon, striking quickly but for less damage. It would be a new take on the weapon. Also, it would be really cool if Rev GS 5 was a short teleport like thief short bow has. Only instead of blinding, it could do a cripple or 1s imob effect. I feel that this would be appropriate for a phantom warrior such as the Revenant.

Please, Anet, do the right thing here. I love the idea of the Staff also. But please let us have GS! Like I said, just do both!

EDIT: Errr…my apologies again, I did not realize this was the same thread haha!

(edited by Toramino.4381)