Revenant gear unlocked in account wardrobe?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Just wanted to point developers to a thread made in General Discussion here, in which someone appears to be wearing the revenant starter armour set in rata sum (seems devs have more watchful eyes on this forum that others). Could it be that the beta testers who played revenant got the armour unlocked in their wardrobe account-wide?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Just wanted to point developers to a thread made in General Discussion here, in which someone appears to be wearing the revenant starter armour set in rata sum (seems devs have more watchful eyes on this forum that others). Could it be that the beta testers who played revenant got the armour unlocked in their wardrobe account-wide?

I will check my wardrobe as soon as I’m home from work. I didn’t get an unlock at the bottom right of the screen while playing the beta, but you are making me paranoid now xD

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I will check my wardrobe as soon as I’m home from work. I didn’t get an unlock at the bottom right of the screen while playing the beta, but you are making me paranoid now xD

Uhnlocks from character creation (like the necromancer/mesmer face masks, etc) do not give unlock notifications

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I looked earlier today, I didn’t see any slots for the armor pieces much less the actual armor (and I did play both Betas).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

I didn’t do anything other than play the Revenant, and I guess I have the armor unlocked. Not gonna transmute it because I don’t want ANet rolling me back. zzz

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Must be a bug. I played a revenant in the beta stresstest and do not have the skins unlocked even though it said skin unlocked when I mouseovered the armor parts during the test.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: December.3580

December.3580

Must be a bug. I played a revenant in the beta stresstest and do not have the skins unlocked even though it said skin unlocked when I mouseovered the armor parts during the test.

Sadly I believe just having the skins unlocked means they will roll back but im not sure

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I somehow don’t believe that a roll back would be worth the effort. This armor seems to be the same as other starter armor (except for the fact it looks about 100x better) and doesn’t give you any advantage other than blinding your foes with your epic looks…

I just can’t see them analyzing a problem like that while still in the middle of bug fixes like the HoM one… But I could be wrong about that ofc, especially if it isn’t a starter armor at all…

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Maybe it just need right click > unlock skin

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Nothing that unlocked in the Beta test seemed to unlock elsewhere for me. I played the Revenant as well. I even got an Exotic Axe (skin) that I had not obtained before, that said it unlocked in the Wardrobe for me (and I’m not talking about the Mist- weapon that the Revenant started with). But when I later checked if it were unlocked with my Warrior, it wasn’t (as I fully expected).

Perhaps there was a bug where if you deleted the armor piece(s), it would unlock it on the Account, but I fail to see how that would work for the armor, and not also for the Axe I received as an reward whilst playing. If it unlocked by some fluke for some people, I ain’t exactly bothered by it. At some point it will be even more common to see than Legendary weapons are these days. If a few people has it right now, it’s only a temporary exclusivity.. I won’t get my panties in a twist over it.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: December.3580

December.3580

I have the skins in fact they’re talking about me in that post. All i did was log into beta play rev for five minutes and delete the class to make an ele.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

… I want the resplendent curtain but I’m not in the beta

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I have the skins in fact they’re talking about me in that post. All i did was log into beta play rev for five minutes and delete the class to make an ele.

I just tried deleting my revenant, it didnt unlock the skins, so it must be another random bug

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).