Revenant legends talking to eachother?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bloodsrain.9132

Bloodsrain.9132

So, I was reading the Guild Wars 2 news stuff when you log in, and it said something about Role Playing as a Revenant. I like the idea that they’re presenting with this whole “The Legends are still alive” idea. Though, i’m wondering how far they’re willing to take it!

They were talking about having the Rev have almost like small time chatter with the Legends, or just the Legends themselves talking out loud. But, I saw that the Rev will probably only have two slots to put Legends in at one time, so I was thinking, why not have the two Legends talk to each other at the same time?

I know it would cost a bit more, but I was thinking how cool it would be to hear Mallyx bicker with Jalis or Ventari, instead of just having to talk to themselves. Like, for each grouping, some small talk will happen between the two for each pairing.

I dunno, I just thought that’d be actually pretty cool to see XD, I know it would obviously take place more in the form of just RPing in general, such as the player creating the conversations, but i’d thought that’d be neat.

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

I already talk about out running a centaur every 2 seconds, i rather not listen to a dead hippie centaur blabber in my ear about peace and how “dank” the pot he cultivated with the pale tree seeds was. Or listen to Shiro talk about how edgy and dark he is. Or Snaff (WHO WILL BE A LEGEND TO CHOOSE FROM BLESS HIS SOUL) technobabble about how his invention for telepathic control of golems revolutionized Rata Sums industrial progress.

jkjkjk I haven’t slept in days. I like the idea.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It´s a Revenant not a schizophrenic(I hope).

I see it more of YOU plugging into THEIR powers and abilities, not getting outright possessed by them personally.
Which would be VERY bad with the Demon thingy.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Bloodsrain.9132

Bloodsrain.9132

Even then however, I kinda like the idea of just having a schizophrenic Revenant who is having a lot of problems keeping their legends in check.

HawkMeister.4758

Sure.
I vote for Space Hamster as Revy Elite!

Finally I know how my Revy will be named, Butt kicking for goodness!

Polish > hype

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I think it would be cool if when you swap legends whoever you swap to comments on the legend you swapped from.

Like ventari would yell out about mallyx’s cruelty has clouded your judgment!

Even just saying something when you swap would be cool

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I can already see all those story mode dungeons. Revenant goes into snaff legend – zojja goes:
“If you change your legend i will burn every cell in your body only to revive you and conduct further experiments on you. Oh and where is my mists essence link solidifier when you need it?!”

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

If you channel Shiro, you’ll hear a faint whisper of “Beware the harvest ceremony” every 5 seconds.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I can already see all those story mode dungeons. Revenant goes into snaff legend – zojja goes:
“If you change your legend i will burn every cell in your body only to revive you and conduct further experiments on you. Oh and where is my mists essence link solidifier when you need it?!”

This actually make me feel sad like when I read the book, all again.
Condemned Logan!!!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

so I was thinking, why not have the two Legends talk to each other at the same time?

With only 5 legends, the interactions might be manageable. However, as
you add Legends (and there should be more coming down the road), you have to acccount for interactions with all the prior ones. This grows exponentially, and makes the work unfeasible in the long run if you don’t plan extensively.

Which sucks, because I really like this idea.

HawkMeister.4758

Between hiring 5 voice actors and paying them for 100s of hours of useless mindless banter or spending the money on actual content or even free h**kers&blow for the hard working devs(& Collin ), I´d rather choose the later.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

It´s a Revenant not a schizophrenic(I hope).

I see it more of YOU plugging into THEIR powers and abilities, not getting outright possessed by them personally.
Which would be VERY bad with the Demon thingy.

You think the legends are hallucinations?

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

No Mallyx I am using your power, what do you mean no? Oh fine go ahead plague me with conditions see if I care! Yes Jalis. Thank you remove the conditions. Mallyx kitten your mouth I will use and abuse your power as I see fit!! Yes JALIS he does look like an idiot he’s acting like a child I aggree oh? I throw the hammer like thi.... Oh kittens I just killed a merchant... No Mallyx! I am not giving In to the darkness as far as I am concerned you are my puppet my tool of wat... Ahaha yes Jalis if I could high 5 you right now I would but oh hell -high 5’s myself-

Sorry I was talking to my legends... Yes it is a cool idea

SHUT UP MALLYX STOP CRYING YOUR MINE NOW

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

No Mallyx I am using your power, what do you mean no? Oh fine go ahead plague me with conditions see if I care! Yes Jalis. Thank you remove the conditions. Mallyx kitten your mouth I will use and abuse your power as I see fit!! Yes JALIS he does look like an idiot he’s acting like a child I aggree oh? I throw the hammer like thi…. Oh kittens I just killed a merchant… No Mallyx! I am not giving In to the darkness as far as I am concerned you are my puppet my tool of wat… Ahaha yes Jalis if I could high 5 you right now I would but oh hell -high 5’s myself-

Sorry I was talking to my legends… Yes it is a cool idea

Honestly, this is pretty hilarious. If they spent time adding dialogue like this for the Revenant I would not be mad at all, even if it took a little longer for HoT to come out. They are already adding some dialogue for your character in the open world, so I could see this really being fun.

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

No Mallyx I am using your power, what do you mean no? Oh fine go ahead plague me with conditions see if I care! Yes Jalis. Thank you remove the conditions. Mallyx kitten your mouth I will use and abuse your power as I see fit!! Yes JALIS he does look like an idiot he’s acting like a child I aggree oh? I throw the hammer like thi…. Oh kittens I just killed a merchant… No Mallyx! I am not giving In to the darkness as far as I am concerned you are my puppet my tool of wat… Ahaha yes Jalis if I could high 5 you right now I would but oh hell -high 5’s myself-

Sorry I was talking to my legends… Yes it is a cool idea

Honestly, this is pretty hilarious. If they spent time adding dialogue like this for the Revenant I would not be mad at all, even if it took a little longer for HoT to come out. They are already adding some dialogue for your character in the open world, so I could see this really being fun.

Why thank you (: and yeah I want to hear the evil ones plotting against the Revenant the heroic ones giving advice and backing the Revenant up and then the combination of the 2 be a confliction I’m looking forward to it to be honest it helps me role play as my insane self in tyria ^^

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I do not care what they say, I’m sure some of it will be as colorful as Palawa Joko’s insults with Zhed. What I do care about is Shiro’s skills. If they do not give us they frustrating-kitten banish skill he had where someone disappeared every minute from the fight I’ll punch my dog.
JK, can already hear it though, the Horse will chastise us for fighting, Shiro will scream from the toes, the Dwarf will bolster with positivity, Glint will soothe all, and Mallyx will whine infernally.
We shall see. Poor writing=poor presentation

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert