Revenants have only 5 skills for each Legend?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

From Today’s article:

This skill will summon the tablet to appear next to your character. After you bring the tablet into the world, your skill bar will fill with the five legend-based skills, all of which manipulate the tablet.

The five skills. As in, these are the five skills you get when channeling that legend, and there are no others you might chose from.

Which means, when it comes to skills, while every other profession has at least six choices to make (A heal skill, three utility skills, an elite skill, and at least one weapon set) Revenants will have 3; A weapon set and two legends.

Having half as many decisions to make when outfitting your skill bar compared to every other profession seems extremely limiting, especially when those options weren’t that many in the first place. Hopefully it’s just a typo, or I’m reading it wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Unless their Elite Spec lets you cherry pick elements from each legend (doubtful, but I guess not impossible) then your heal, utilities, and elite change with your stance you’re in.

From what has been seen you will be required to use the skills the legend comes with and no others.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

From Today’s article:

This skill will summon the tablet to appear next to your character. After you bring the tablet into the world, your skill bar will fill with the five legend-based skills, all of which manipulate the tablet.

The five skills. As in, these are the five skills you get when channeling that legend, and there are no others you might chose from.

Which means, when it comes to skills, while every other profession has at least six choices to make (A heal skill, three utility skills, an elite skill, and at least one weapon set) Revenants will have 3; A weapon set and two legends.

Having half as many decisions to make when outfitting your skill bar compared to every other profession seems extremely limiting, especially when those options weren’t that many in the first place. Hopefully it’s just a typo, or I’m reading it wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

It’s an inversion of the standard way skills are customized in game. Essentially, the Revenant utility skills are like a secondary set of weapon skills (I think they have lower cds than other professions, if I’m not mistaken), with their Profession Mechanic involves switching those skills as other professions would switch weapons. In that case, Legend would have it’s own set of healing skills, and you equip them as you would a weapon, while your weapon skills have to be switched out of combat, like most professions have with utility skills.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Foefaller.1082

I get that, I’m just saying the way they worded it sounds like there are no choices within each legend itself. I think most of us here were hoping for there to at least be a set of utilities within each legend to chose from, but it looks like every Revenant channeling Ventari will have the same exact 6-0 skills as every other Ventari-channeling Revenant with the only possible difference being the order they are in the skillbar.

MattyP.6954

I get that, I’m just saying the way they worded it sounds like there are no choices within each legend itself. I think most of us here were hoping for there to at least be a set of utilities within each legend to chose from, but it looks like every Revenant channeling Ventari will have the same exact 6-0 skills as every other Ventari-channeling Revenant with the only possible difference being the order they are in the skillbar.

Yeah, the customization would come mainly from weapons, stats, traits, and what stance they choose to pair with Ventari. A Glint/Ventari Revenant would play differently than a Jarlis/Ventari Revenant would play differently than any of the other legends.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Foefaller.1082

Yeah, the customization would come mainly from weapons, stats, traits, and what stance they choose to pair with Ventari. A Glint/Ventari Revenant would play differently than a Jarlis/Ventari Revenant would play differently than any of the other legends.

…but a Jalis/Ventari Revenant with a Hammer will have the same skills as every other Jalis/Ventari Revenant with a Hammer, with no additional options within each legend.

I’m not talking about a meta build either. If I pick those two as my Revenants legends, I have no other way to customise the skills I use beyond their order in my skillbar, no other options within those legends, and no way, beyond traits and a single weapon set, to differentiate my playstyle from other Revenants who picked those legends. Are you okay with that?

MattyP.6954

…but a Jalis/Ventari Revenant with a Hammer will have the same skills as every other Jalis/Ventari Revenant with a Hammer, with no additional options within each legend.

I’m not talking about a meta build either. If I pick those two as my Revenants legends, I have no other way to customise the skills I use beyond their order in my skillbar, no other options within those legends, and no way, beyond traits and a single weapon set, to differentiate my playstyle from other Revenants who picked those legends. Are you okay with that?

We’ll find out after I play the class.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

That is how it has worked since the beginning. You also can’t customize the order in the skill bar. When you swap a legend, your 6-0 skills are set.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I believe each legend will have 4 utilities. We will find out tomorrow. If not there will be a huge imbalance between old classes and revenant. Assuming 5 (some argue that revenant will have olny 4) base legends 3 skills per legend = 15 skills total while classes got 20 utility skills. We cant also forget elite specs that provide new 4 utility skills. I can imagine the rage already if thats the case.

obey me

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

this been a concern of mine.

Foefaller.1082

We’ll find out after I play the class.

Heh, Touche.

That is how it has worked since the beginning. You also can’t customize the order in the skill bar. When you swap a legend, your 6-0 skills are set.

Right after they showed off Revenant the first time, there was a dev post saying that they hadn’t set yet whether or not a Legend had 5 skills total, or just a set Heal and elite skills with a pool of utilities to choose from.

Heard about skill orders resetting when swapping legends in the last beta event. Hopefully that’s just a bug or missing feature, cause I don’t think I can function unless my stunbreak and main utility condi cleanse (that isn’t also a stunbreak) is in the spot I have them at on all my other characters.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well yes… and a Scepter/Staff condition necro will have the same weapon and skills as every other Scepter/Staff condition necro. How is that different from any other class that has a spec and two weapon sets determined? I suppose “in theory” you have more utility choices to choose from, but there are only 5-6 utilities that are actually used for each class.

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

I expected each legend to have a bunch of utility abilities to choose from within the legend.

This is quite disappointing.
I hope I can at least change the order of utilities on the skillbar.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I expected each legend to have a bunch of utility abilities to choose from within the legend.

In the stress test beta where we first tried out Revenant, you could indeed swap the order of the 7-9 skills. I did so first thing. I assume this remained true for last week’s beta or people would have lit up the forums about the change.

skowcia.8257

In the stress test beta where we first tried out Revenant, you could indeed swap the order of the 7-9 skills. I did so first thing. I assume this remained true for last week’s beta or people would have lit up the forums about the change.

In the last beta i played utilities been resetting its position every legend swap. Hopefully its olny a bug if not they better change it..

obey me

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

In the last beta i played utilities been resetting its position every legend swap. Hopefully its olny a bug if not they better change it..

That was just a bug, it’s intended to save each bar’s skills independently so you can rearrange them how you like per legend. It’s already fixed internally.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

That was just a bug, it’s intended to save each bar’s skills independently so you can rearrange them how you like per legend. It’s already fixed internally.

This is wonderful to hear. Thanks for chiming in

skowcia.8257

Thanks. Now if you could answer if revenant gets 3 or 4 utilities per legend..

obey me

Posted by: afaimix.4189

afaimix.4189

I wonder if an effective compromise would have been for the healing and the elite slot skills to be fixed and change based on legend swapping, and have a universal set of 7-9 slot skills with secondary effects based on the legend being chanelled?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well yes… and a Scepter/Staff condition necro will have the same weapon and skills as every other Scepter/Staff condition necro. How is that different from any other class that has a spec and two weapon sets determined? I suppose “in theory” you have more utility choices to choose from, but there are only 5-6 utilities that are actually used for each class.

Yes but those two necros can have totaly dif utilitys…. so then the reveneants should have X skills on each weapon type ( 5 10 15) to mix and match their weapon bar like other classes can mix their utility bar then or what?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

every design decision Anet makes reduces customization.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Are you kidding me? This thread brings up a design question about Revenant that people have been asking and being ignored regarding since the details of Revenant were released. An Anet employee FINALLY responds to a thread regarding the subject and the response is off topic.

Simply put – your new profession seems inflexible with very few decision points for the player. The other professions with only a single weapon set have access to potentially a LOT of skills via their mechanics and utilities (kits) whereas the number of Revenant skill build combos are ridiculously low with zero room for nuance. There’s no true ‘utility’ in their utility skills. If you’re playing a ranged build and want to use Jalis then his spinning hammers utility is worthless. If you’re playing Ventari and in a situation without many projectiles then one of his utility skills is worthless to you without the ability to swap to something more useful.

The Revenant is a neat idea – but for crying out loud actually address players concerns.

This profession is like using a Smash Up deck to play against a Magic the Gathering deck.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Are you kidding me? This thread brings up a design question about Revenant that people have been asking and being ignored regarding since the details of Revenant were released. An Anet employee FINALLY responds to a thread regarding the subject and the response is off topic.

Simply put – your new profession seems inflexible with very few decision points for the player. The other professions with only a single weapon set have access to potentially a LOT of skills via their mechanics and utilities (kits) whereas the number of Revenant skill build combos are ridiculously low with zero room for nuance. There’s no true ‘utility’ in their utility skills. If you’re playing a ranged build and want to use Jalis then his spinning hammers utility is worthless. If you’re playing Ventari and in a situation without many projectiles then one of his utility skills is worthless to you without the ability to swap to something more useful.

The Revenant is a neat idea – but for crying out loud actually address players concerns.

This profession is like using a Smash Up deck to play against a Magic the Gathering deck.

Oh, I think it’s worse than that.

The Ventari skills don’t seem to be compatible with racial skills at all, nor have we had any answer on if a Rev will even be able to slot them in place of some of the legend skills. At this point, I think we can say that the Revenant will be unable to use racial skills.

How is this fair when compared to the other classes? Well, a quick look at how we’ll earn our racial skills under the new trait/skill system will answer that question.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Knighthonor.4061

That simply means Anet is still planning something, and forced to be silenct about it.

Remember the dreaded “Trait” thread?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Seriously guys give them a chance. We can be concerned about the lack some things in the current game but when it comes to designing new classes I’m quite certain Anet knows what they are doing.

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Seriously guys give them a chance. We can be concerned about the lack some things in the current game but when it comes to designing new classes I’m quite certain Anet knows what they are doing.

It’s important to discuss things before they get released, so that we can avoid problem, instead of fixing it after the release.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

It’s important to discuss things before they get released, so that we can avoid problem, instead of fixing it after the release.

It is good to discuss concerns before hand, but to claim something is bad before even trying the full product is not. It is also not good to ask Anet to provide information they are not yet ready to divulge. The reason they are not talking about how many utility skills a legend gets could be because they simple haven’t settled on that yet. It would be pointless them telling us we get 4 u-skills, only to change their minds later and reduce it to 3.

Voice your concerns by all means, but lets try to remain in the now and lets try to use the facts to base our conclusions on, rather than our less informed theories. The revenant may seem like it has less flexibility (with the utility skills), but that doesn’t automatically mean the profession as a whole is less flexible, in terms of performance or viable (whole) build variety.

Someone above mentioned about how one of the Ventari skills would be useless if there are no projectiles in that given situation, but the same can be true of other profession builds. Many skills are situational and having the option to swap legends in combat, and change them out of combat, will provide the same situational adjustment capability any other profession has. You just have to think about their options in a different way.

If some of the options on a legend are lacking in most situations, I am sure Anet will address that and make the necessary adjustments. At the end of the day, the revenant will not appeal to everyone, just like any other profession will not appeal to everyone. If utility flexibility is the most important thing to you, then the revenant may not be the profession for you. You still have many other professions to choose from. But some players, myself included, will enjoy the revenant just how it is, and do not have a problem with how the utility skills are set up. The only true test will be whether we can make multiple viable builds for different situations and content.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

i understood nothing from here.

can i swap skills? are they bind to legends BEFORE they are locked? certain skills can be chosen for sertain legends right?

DA FAQ

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

To me, there should be at least 4 utilities to choose from: why would each profession have 4 utilities in 5 types and not the Revenant (since they are supposed to have 5 legends).

For example, the warrior has 6 signets, the guardian 6 meditations (remember than a tome and a heal will become shouts, giving the guardian 6 shouts also). The reaper gets 4 utility shouts.

I guess it’s easy to assume that Revenants will have a fair treatment and get 4 utilities for each legend, they’re just not ready to be shown yet.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

It is good to discuss concerns before hand, but to claim something is bad before even trying the full product is not. It is also not good to ask Anet to provide information they are not yet ready to divulge. The reason they are not talking about how many utility skills a legend gets could be because they simple haven’t settled on that yet. It would be pointless them telling us we get 4 u-skills, only to change their minds later and reduce it to 3.

So it’s good to discuss but it’s not so good when you reach the conclution that you don’t like it or that you find it bad.

Why? why it’s bad to ask the company for more info? you yourself just said that we should wait for more info, but it’s bad to ask for it? why? does something bad happens everytime someone asks for more info that we’re unaware? if they’re not ready to divulge then they’ll ignore the question like they have been all this time. don’t see the problem there.

or the reason they’re not talking about how many utility skills a legend gets is cause they’re measuring up the reaction on the forums and if they think that the blow back is gonna be minimal they’ll provide you with just 3 and save money and work hours from development thus making their product more cost effective. so if there is a time to ask for more is now, cause after the product reaches it’s final stage, they’re not gonna scrap their design and start from scratch. you’ll end up waiting for a fix or a patch or something.

Voice your concerns by all means, but lets try to remain in the now and lets try to use the facts to base our conclusions on, rather than our less informed theories. The revenant may seem like it has less flexibility (with the utility skills), but that doesn’t automatically mean the profession as a whole is less flexible, in terms of performance or viable (whole) build variety.

wait, i’m confused now. they can voice their concerns as long as they remain on the now, but a paragraph ago you said they need to see the whole product before saying anything bad. which is it? can they use the info they got now to judge, or do they wait until after the product is out?

and yes it’s true, the revenant does seem to have less flexibility, and also true that doesn’t mean that the profession as a whole is less flexible. but on the other hand, that doesn’t mean that it’s equaly flexible with other classes. so the players are voicing their concerns. with what they got now. just as you instructed. they saw a potential issue, they comment about it and asked for more info. so.. working as intended?

Someone above mentioned about how one of the Ventari skills would be useless if there are no projectiles in that given situation, but the same can be true of other profession builds. Many skills are situational and having the option to swap legends in combat, and change them out of combat, will provide the same situational adjustment capability any other profession has. You just have to think about their options in a different way.

true that, they’ll just swap to their other healing legend, right? or out of combat they’ll change that useless skill with another one more usefull from the ventari tablet selection of skills right? switching from healing to dps or tanking or other role isn’t exactly adjustment. is it? on the other hand, we’ll all be running with zerker gear so it doesn’t matter much anyways, i’ll give you that. unless of course the raids that are totally not comming as challenging group content will require all that new found healing we’ll be getting… who knows.

If some of the options on a legend are lacking in most situations, I am sure Anet will address that and make the necessary adjustments. At the end of the day, the revenant will not appeal to everyone, just like any other profession will not appeal to everyone. If utility flexibility is the most important thing to you, then the revenant may not be the profession for you. You still have many other professions to choose from. But some players, myself included, will enjoy the revenant just how it is, and do not have a problem with how the utility skills are set up. The only true test will be whether we can make multiple viable builds for different situations and content.

just like the new and fixed necro for groups that we got. correct? i mean necros come HoT will be all the rage for their group play. i mean who doesn’t want to look cool running along side a guy with a scythe? total group intergration right there.

at the end of the day you like the revenant and you just can’t stand it when others don’t. that’s why you tell people to go play something else if they don’t like it. you like it and that should be it.

sorry for being a bit melodramatic but…

MiniEquine.6014

at the end of the day you like the revenant and you just can’t stand it when others don’t. that’s why you tell people to go play something else if they don’t like it. you like it and that should be it.

sorry for being a bit melodramatic but…

This isn’t about somebody liking the Revenant or not. They are simply stating that claiming something is bad before all the info released about it has been revealed is counterproductive. To insist on talking about something like one has full knowledge about it, without having full knowledge about it, is somewhat useless.

This has nothing to do with asking the company for more info. We all want more info on the Revenant. We all know there is more info to get about it. What we don’t know is the full extent of that info, and to claim it is bad before having the rest of it is no good.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Even though the choice is there. Every single Warrior runs one of two builds.
So what you are asking is the ‘perception’ of choice really.
Honestly, I only want to hear from people that have rocked the Rev in the beta & Anet.
It seems likie the only solution would be to give each stance eight or nine skills and let the player dip into that pool.
But isn’t it already too late for that?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

And swapping the order of skills is a placebo, not a fix.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Rin.1046

That’s not meant to be a fix, it’s meant to be a QoL feature.

Simplicity is complex.

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Wow. You are so optimistic. Can I have what you’re on? I don’t think we’ve been playing the same game, or at least the same game mode. I’ve been playing since launch, and Anet releases stuff without getting any feedback from players, and what they do release rarely takes into account any of the existing feedback already given.

Yeah, the rev looks interesting on paper, but in practice, it’s pretty lame.

Just look at 2 out of the 3 game modes. In WvW, a stun-break / stability generator is a must, especially as a melee class. Just gotta have it. Having a cleanse on hand is also a must if the utility is available. Being stunlocked or immobolized = death. If I can’t slot one of those, the class is useless. PvP is almost the same thing. There are just certain utilities you must have in order to succeed. If one legend has the things we need, then there’s no point in playing the other legends. This just means in certain game modes, everyone will be playing exactly the same thing, which is what the OP was saying. It’s just the fact of the class.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

MiniEquine.6014

Just look at 2 out of the 3 game modes. In WvW, a stun-break / stability generator is a must, especially as a melee class. Just gotta have it. Having a cleanse on hand is also a must if the utility is available. Being stunlocked or immobolized = death. If I can’t slot one of those, the class is useless. PvP is almost the same thing. There are just certain utilities you must have in order to succeed. If one legend has the things we need, then there’s no point in playing the other legends. This just means in certain game modes, everyone will be playing exactly the same thing, which is what the OP was saying. It’s just the fact of the class.

Both stun break and condition cleanse are available on Legend swap when traited into the Invocation traitline. In Retribution, you get stability on dodge roll. They don’t have to be in utilities for them to count as existing.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If this is true, I don’t think I’m going to play this class, and I’m not even sure I’ll buy the expansion.

As much as I like GW2s story, I won’t buy the expansion just for it, I can read the story on any number of fansites and even watch it played out on youtube. The story is second to the gameplay, and this revenant gameplay looks lazy and I fear sets a standard for further lazily designed gameplay.

I mean, this would essentially be the same as if they had decided to give the elementalist one single weapon at launch and just excused it with ‘good enough’. It seems as if they are designing this class to meet a certain minimum of playability rather than making it as awesome as they can.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

skowcia.8257

Both stun break and condition cleanse are available on Legend swap when traited into the Invocation traitline. In Retribution, you get stability on dodge roll. They don’t have to be in utilities for them to count as existing.

Olny 1 condi clean, not that much. And what if i want to stay in current legend i channel? Yeah its cool in theory that we can break stun on legend swap, but at same time it can put us in bad position. At least 1 stun break ability should be on all legends for ~50 energy cost. Where to put them? I think elite skills to act as stunbreak would fit. Howered im not sure if they can do that from technical point of view. Lets look at rite, its cool that it stunbreak but it also lock us into 3 sec long animation – lol, basically selfstun, even longer than applied to us. Nty i rather stay stunned at this point.

obey me

Knighthonor.4061

That’s not meant to be a fix, it’s meant to be a QoL feature.

I hope it’s not like Ranger Pet names, in which we have to change the names every time we change pets…

Rin.1046

…I don’t think we’ve been playing the same game, or at least the same game mode.

I play a mix of all game types, though mostly WvW lately.

I’ve been playing since launch, and Anet releases stuff without getting any feedback from players, and what they do release rarely takes into account any of the existing feedback already given.

I’ve been playing since beta, and the 3 day headstart, and have seen them add thing not asked for AND thing asked for. They may not have added everything asked for, but that fits with something I like to call logical expectations, so I’m ok with that.

Yeah, the rev looks interesting on paper, but in practice, it’s pretty lame.

When you say practice, I assume you have played the full Revenant? With all weapons and legends it will have available to it? And I assume you have been able to try all the trait and stat combos? If not, please can you explain to me how you can claim it is lame in practice, when we have only had access to a very small part of what it is capable of?

Sometimes I think people have made their minds up early, maybe because it doesn’t have the things they want, so they try to convince others it is not worth trying.

I played it in the EGX demo, and again in the recent beta. It felt good to play and I can see potential with it. I am sure that once I can choose the stats I want and have access to more traits, weapons and legends it will be a good profession to play. But I do not know everything yet, so I could be wrong. I am not going to claim it is perfect, because I haven’t seen it all yet. But so far, for the most part, what I have tried feels good.

Simplicity is complex.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It seems as if they are designing this class to meet a certain minimum of playability rather than making it as awesome as they can.

That puts into words some of the bad feelings I’ve been having. Thank you.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

The revenant is a different type of game play from all other classes. They have a set of 5 skills linked to their legend and those are not mutable. That is just how it plays. It’s not a bad way to do things, it is just different. Just like an ele is different because it has 4 different weapon skill sets attached to their weapon. Or the engi is different because they have one weapon but can swap in kits if they have them equipped. If they don’t have kits equipped, then they can’t switch out their weapon skills at all. So be it.

It seems to me they have balanced the “locked in” set of utility skills with rapid recharge and powerful effects. Some people may not find the revenant much fun due to the limitations, others will find ways to be very effective in their legend swapping and weapon combos and will have a blast.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I was still hoping that the set number of locked in utility skills was only preliminary due to the early beta, but as Roy´s non-answer shows it looks to be all we´ll get.

I´m sorry but this is simply a VERY weak show.

You cannot come up with at least one or even two additional legendary utilities to choose from for each legend?
Let alone a 2nd elite skill?

So every frikken staff, hammer, etc Revy will do the exact same stuff any other staff, hammer, etc. Revy does?

If you haven´t heard by now, YOUR DIVERSE & FUN COMBAT SYSTEM is pretty much the main reason people are coming back and even staying.
This is anything but.

Polish > hype

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is exactly the problem that was documented when the revenant mechanics were first announced. It will have a lack of variety in its gameplay that will kitten it in terms of long term viability.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

0The Ventari skills don’t seem to be compatible with racial skills at all, nor have we had any answer on if a Rev will even be able to slot them in place of some of the legend skills. At this point, I think we can say that the Revenant will be unable to use racial skills.

How is this fair when compared to the other classes? Well, a quick look at how we’ll earn our racial skills under the new trait/skill system will answer that question.

I think you’ll find racial skills will be dispensed with entirely.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

So will you always have an active legend? With racial skills and the Anti-Toxin Spray I’m wondering if there’s ever a point when you can have no legends channeled and use either racial skills or maybe some other random Revenant utility slot skills?

No more racial skills? No norn transformations or sylvari plant summons?

I would think, as with other masteries, there might be a racial mastery line. Perhaps you can use generic mastery points or maybe you’ll have to do challenges in your home area to earn them. It’d be strange if they removed all racial skills entirely…

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

0The Ventari skills don’t seem to be compatible with racial skills at all, nor have we had any answer on if a Rev will even be able to slot them in place of some of the legend skills. At this point, I think we can say that the Revenant will be unable to use racial skills.

i can only hope.
outside of that asura daze, they stink….and only tempt new players to waste skill points on kitten skills they’ll never/should never use. the first thing Anet should have done w/ that NPE was kill race skills and reimburse those who spent points on them.

enjoyed the ventari preview…..looks fun to play…..but pretty much confirms we will not be able to customize utilities. disappointing, but will wait until whole class is revealed before i bury it.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Knighthonor.4061

i can only hope.
outside of that asura daze, they stink….and only tempt new players to waste skill points on kitten skills they’ll never/should never use. the first thing Anet should have done w/ that NPE was kill race skills and reimburse those who spent points on them.

enjoyed the ventari preview…..looks fun to play…..but pretty much confirms we will not be able to customize utilities. disappointing, but will wait until whole class is revealed before i bury it.

Disagree. I like Charr racials, especially on Engineer.

Norn Elite are useful at times as well.