Reward top players in adventures

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Flooo.9238

Flooo.9238

I really like the adventures introduced with HoT. They are fun, dont take much time and give a lot of experience.

However, i am quite surprised that Anet didnt introduce rewards for the best players on the daily ladder (Maybe in tiers top 1, top 10, top 100, top 1000), as this would motivate players much more to play them, even in three months, when nobody needs experience anymore. I get, why they cant increase the jp rewards (mesmer portals, farm, inflation…), but in the case of adventures they would only reward a small group of players and therefore that wouldnt affect the economy much. Especially, if the rewards are only possible for one adventure on each map per day.

The daily reward don’t have to be liquid, there are several other possibilities:
1. Achievement points/ titles
2. The corresponding map’s currency
3. The corresponding map’s ascendent mat or crystalline
4. A new currency, with which one could by ascendent mats, minipets or even ascendent gear
5. pvp potions
6. something else

It would also be nice, if the leaders in the lifetime ladder would get a outfit/colour/emote which would allow others to identify them.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I.. thought the adventures were supposed to issue daily/weekly rewards. Maybe I mis-read a blog post somewhere, but wasn’t that panned to be a thing? o_O

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

you do, you get a chest for each tier obtained.

Flooo.9238

You probably mean the silver/golden chests…
These chests only depend on a fixed time or a fixed number of points.
I am talking about rewarding your performance relative to other players, which is quite a difference

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

No.

Top players are rewarded with bragging rights. There is no need for any reward beyond that. If you need more reward than that to play the Adventures, then don’t play the Adventures.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Flooo.9238

First: What exactly should they brag with? With screenshots of their score?
Second: This topic is not only about me.
Third: GW2 has too many of unrewarding game modes, which are therefore are only played by a minority (Activities, JP, wvw, dungeons now, pvp before they introduced reward tracks,..) However the development of these modes needed time and work, and it is a shame, that so few players even care about them.
For me it seems they wanted to introduce adventures as an improvement of the activities, somehow they did the same mistake again.

Ohoni.6057

First: What exactly should they brag with? With screenshots of their score?

Don’t care, up to them. It’s not like their accomplishment would significantly impress me either way, but if they want to brag, let them brag.

Second: This topic is not only about me.

Good to know.

Third: GW2 has too many of unrewarding game modes, which are therefore are only played by a minority

I tend to agree, but in most cases the solution is not to make them more rewarding. Adventures are already something that in some, most players cannot get Gold on (varies from Adventure to Adventure). You’re talking about offering all sorts of special bonus perks ONLY to players who post very exceptional scores.

No.

Just no.

Think of something else.

If you feel that these activities are a waste of time in their current form, then maybe their solution is to stop wasting their time making them, rather than to try and bribe players into doing them with increasingly attractive rewards.

done by now.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

What better way to screw everyone without a great connection and living in other countries. Good job there.

Flooo.9238

If you feel that these activities are a waste of time in their current form, then maybe their solution is to stop wasting their time making them

I am quite sure this will happen.

[…] rather than to try and bribe players into doing them with increasingly attractive rewards.

This is exactly what happened when HoT launched o.O

Ohoni.6057

Right, I think they handled Adventures wrong altogether. I think they made them too big a part of HoT, offering two Mastery points each and a not tiny daily reward. Here’s how they should have gone:

1. No mastery points. None.

2. Smaller daily rewards, but slightly bumped “every run” rewards. The goal should be that if you “gold farm” a good adventure, it should not be great gold per hour, but it should not be horrible either, if you really love them, you shouldn’t be that far behind other players.

3. Instead of Mastery points, each Adventure offers a one-time unique mini for Gold. For example the Fungus one could offer a mini-mushroom guy, or a mini—Bongo for the shooting gallery. It would be something nifty to get, but it would not be essential, it would not be a mastery point, an armor skin, or a stat bonus of any kind.

4. The Leaderboards would track lifetime high scores, weekly, and daily across the entire game, and across your friends’ list. It would also permanently track your highest score in relation to all that, so even if you didn’t run it this week, you could see how your highest score last month tracks against this week’s highest score. You could also view these scores from at least several convenient locations, such as the main base of each map, guild halls, and Lion’s Arch (if not just from a UI element).

The goal would be so that people who did not enjoy these Adventures would have no reason to bang their head against a wall trying to gold, but people who enjoyed them would get something nifty out of it, and those who are competitive could constantly challenge each other for best scoring.

done by now.”

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

The problem with that is it would reward people with good RNG on some of the adventures like Fallen Masks and Shooting Gallery, if you take out the extreme RNG of some of them you could then maybe reward them because it would be based on performance not luck.