Ride The Ley-line + Updraft nerfed

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Anybody know why this was nerfed?
Without it, it is hard to access the Bloodstone nodes at the bottom of Bloodstone Fen. Which is kinda trivial to get too prior to the change.

Nothing in today patch regarding this..

(edited by rwolf.9571)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5olth1/anet_please_revert_glide_5_updraft/

Anet-Benn
This was a bug fix for an issue where certain skills that remove the speed cap on players could be combined with updrafts and other force-applying game systems to allow the player to accelerate way beyond how fast they should be able to go. I apologize for the lack of patch notes on the bug fix. Regardless, this was important to fix, because it broke many things, and as a byproduct made cheat detection more difficult to manage. It wasn’t an attempt to “remove the fun of the skill”, it was to fix a map-breaking bug that had game-wide repercussions.
As you can see from the past few living world episodes, we’ve been finding new ways to empower player movement, and this bug was causing issues for these, as well as blocking any future plans we may create to add fun new systems for motion.

Mordrem_Moth
Can you then make the updrafts down where the unbound guardian spawn push you high enough you can reach the nodes that spawn down there then since there’s no way to reasonably get them now?

Anet-Benn
They are pretty tough to get to. :/ I’ll discuss with the others who worked on that episode.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the link, Fleshie.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Huh. Never knew this bug even existed, and I’ve spent a lot of time in that map.

I do agree it can be a bit annoying. At the end of Cavern of Unseen Lights there is usually 2 bloodstone crystal nodes on the left rocks floating in the air and 2 on the right rocks, as well as often times there’s a rich mithril node on the ledge next to the Temple of Renewal mastery insight.

You can’t get to all of the nodes in 1 run. I always have to use the Depths of the Maw Waypoint to drop down and glide back over to get the rest, because the updrafts mainly used for fighting the Unbound Guardian don’t put you high enough. And the ledge the mastery insight is on isn’t high enough to glide from the get the bloodstone nodes. I always have to make 3 runs to get them all: 2 on 1 side, 2 on the other, then the mithril node at the insight if available.

On the bright side, a while back ArenaNet did nerf the White Mantle Knight’s rock throwing ability by reducing its range, so it’s much safer nowadays to glide through there with little to no risk of getting knocked out of the air and falling to your death. Usually if I get pelted it’s only 1 or 2 rocks. Though, there are still times when I’m knocked out of the air. Usually I’m up high enough for the stun to wear off before hitting the ground, but I have to waypoint and start my glide all over again. Sadly, none of the 5 gliding skills you can unlock for Bloodstone Fen have a stun breaker. Skill 5 can allow you to evade attacks for a few seconds and gives 1 stack of stability, but I’ve still been knocked down due to getting hit multiple times with rocks. Also, skill #5 gives 4 seconds of evasion and the stability last 5 seconds and is applied when you activate the skill, meaning, you only get 1 second of stability.

Thanks for the link, Fleshie.

Get it right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_cUTmQykc

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, those nodes were difficult to get without being able to do that. They could just add another let line or one of those short updrafts around the central platform. This way you could get around there more easily.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5olth1/anet_please_revert_glide_5_updraft/dcuzvyd/

Good news! They’re going to put in some more updrafts in that area to make it easier to get to the nodes on the floating rocks.

My thanks to the devs.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the link, Charrbeque.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, those nodes were difficult to get without being able to do that. They could just add another let line or one of those short updrafts around the central platform. This way you could get around there more easily.

The only problem that i see is that they’d have to be extra careful not to make the mastery point too easy to get. From what i understand it is supposed to require gliding down from the waypoint.
Still, if they can pull it off, an easier way to get to those nodes would be appreciated.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November