Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Calling it now, I think he is gonna be named as the new Khan-Ur in HoT.

Based on his actions and dialog in the announcement trailer, he seems to have the Legions united against the Sylvari, something only a Khan-Ur could do. And, right now if you stand around in the black citadel you will hear Charr talking about a need for a new Khan-Ur, so the desire is there and Rytlock is arguably one of the best candidates for it. He also certainly has the tenacity and desire for such an role. What do you guys think?

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

The odds of Rytlocke becoming the Khan-Ur are, as far as I know, 0. Its a hereditary position first and foremost, you have to be of a particular bloodline, the known members with confirmed claim to this bloodline are the Imperators of the Legions. Secondly while its true Rytlocke is a hero, the one to lay claim to the title of the Khan-Ur has to do something of significance to the Charr people while wielding/holding the Claw of the Khan-Ur. The type of thing which would go down in Charr History, like the Flame Legion Imperator who breached Ascalon City (admittedly dying in the process, but had things gone better it would have fit the bill.).

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Rytlock is a Tribune, not an Imperator. Only Imperators may attempt to become the Khan-Ur, and I highly doubt Rytlock is willing to challenge Bangar Ruinbringer to become the Blood Imperator, considering Rytlock seems to be avoiding him (hence why he was in Ascalon at the beginning of GW2, rather than the Blood Citadel, displayed when he said he left his warband behind “back east”.) (On a side note, I think Rytlock is avoiding Bangar, because Bangar is the only Charr with the rank high enough to command Rytlock to explain how he got Sohothin, which he wants to keep a secret.)

a Khan-Ur needs to keep all of the legions united at once, for a sustained period of time, which many Charr have attempted in history, but all have failed, because none of the legions get along, and although Rytlock is more liberal, in the way he will converse with other legion members, I highly doubt he can persuade everyone to be cool with each other.

The Khan-Ur also must hold the Claw of The Khan-Ur, a ceremonial weapon, which at the point of “Ghosts of Ascalon” taking place, was in the possession of Smodur The Unflinching, who hinted that he may melt the claw down, so no Khan-Ur can ever be crowned, however, we never discovered if he did this. Ive heard in places he supposedly has it mounted on a plaque in his quarters, but I can’t seem to find any proof for this.

Realistically, we have no idea how Rytlock’s character has progressed since hes been in the mists, except hes gone genocidal and doesn’t trust the Sylvari any more, so we could meet him again in HoT, and he could have no desire to even be part of the legions, let alone be Khan-Ur.

I think the concept of a Khan-Ur could take place in GW2, just not in HoT, because for that storyline to take place, Smodur The Unflinching, Bangar Ruinbringer, and Malice Swordshadow need to be involved, and we’d need to be in Ascalon, and none of those plot points are currently fulfilled. I think the topic could come round, during the Kralkatorrik arc, or in some kind of an auxiliary storyline where we go to the Blood and Ash Legion Homelands, but for now, its extremely unlikely to happen.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

That’s cool idea. Rytlock is the last character in this game I can consider a man so yeah, I’d vote for him

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Maybe for Kraalkatorrik expansion. There just so many Charrs in Tyria, the planet, and only a few of them are in Tyria, the continent.

Karaalkarrorik can start acting up… maybe attack ebonhawke or black citadel directly (and so maybe settling or delaying the peace talks). This causes the charrs to send for reinforcements. A huge Charr army arrives with shiny new war machines (also Rytlock’s warband). We invade the crystal desert. Leadership conflicts arise within the huge army leading to some catastrophe which causes a need to have a Khan-Ur.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Maybe for Kraalkatorrik expansion. There just so many Charrs in Tyria, the planet, and only a few of them are in Tyria, the continent.

Karaalkarrorik can start acting up… maybe attack ebonhawke or black citadel directly (and so maybe settling or delaying the peace talks). This causes the charrs to send for reinforcements. A huge Charr army arrives with shiny new war machines (also Rytlock’s warband). We invade the crystal desert. Leadership conflicts arise within the huge army leading to some catastrophe which causes a need to have a Khan-Ur.

And then Trahearne shows up with the Claw, and claims the title of Kahn-Ur for himself.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

or Rox.

Would be a salty twist.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

And then Trahearne shows up with the Claw, and claims the title of Kahn-Ur for himself.

i’d punch my monitor if that ever happens

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

or Rox.

Would be a salty twist.

I hope Auntie Rox dies together with other DE 2.0 soon. She has 0 personality..

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Janderson.4670

Janderson.4670

[quote=4874653;Seamus McPlatofart.7269:]

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Janderson.4670

Janderson.4670

Charr in the Citadel talking about having a new Khan-Ur has been there since the game was released if I’m not mistaken…

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

Rytlock is a tribune of the bloodlegion, therefore he would have to get rid of Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer before even beeing able to attampt becoming the Khan’Ur.

The one closest to becoming a new Khan’Ur right now is Imperator Smodur, since he is actually in possession of the claw of the Khan’Ur and gets supported by Malice Swordshadow(ash imperator).

Thing is, for a Khan’Ur to rise, all legions must follow, and even after Baelfires death most of flame legion is still fighting against the high legions, therefore we would need a flame tribune claiming the titel of imperator yet willing to kneel before smodur the unflinching.

That said, trust in iron, not false gods!

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Its a hereditary position first and foremost

Nope
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Khan-Ur
Charr work on a militaristic meritocracy, they place little value on bloodlines and family to such an extent that parents don’t even raise their own children.

From the wiki the two requirements are:
Having the Claw
“performing a great act to show the individual’s power.”

Rytlock is a Tribune, not an Imperator. Only Imperators may attempt to become the Khan-Ur

Not necessarily, all that it required is that you have the Claw and you get everyone to agree you’re the biggest scariest Charr around (more or less). An imperator would obviously be in a better position to do this.

Not sure. Kralky is in the Crystal Desert if memory serves (to the south of Ascalon), and the Blood Legion homeland is to the north-ish of Ascalon (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blood_Legion_Homelands) and presumable the Ash Legion’s homeland would also be around there. So it would be difficult to explain how we those legions got involved since they’ve so far been completely unconcerned about Zhaitan or Mordy (well that’s a bit hyperbolic, buy we’ve only seen the mobilization of the ash and blood troops stationed in the Black Citadel and none from the other homelands).

Trahearne doesn’t have enough ears I’m afraid.

Rytlock is a tribune of the bloodlegion, therefore he would have to get rid of Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer before even beeing able to attampt becoming the Khan’Ur.

Not necessarily, but that would make the most sense. The requirement is showing great individual power, which Rytlock as a revenant could certainly claim o have done. But I always felt that being a Khan-Ur required the capacity of bending the knee of the imperators (by force or cunning) and I’m not sure Bangar would be willing to do so for his subordinate.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Stentorian Goat.7241

Stentorian Goat.7241

Revenant legend #4: Pyre Fierceshot

Rytlock summons Pyre who in turn supports Rytlock for Khan-Ur in front of the other Charr.

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

All very good Points. I still stand by my prediction, although it may not happen in HoT, I still think they are working towards Rytlock becoming the Khan-ur at some point.

I am very happy to see more who love the lore of this game as much as I do.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Rytlock, the new Khan-Ur

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

All very good Points. I still stand by my prediction, although it may not happen in HoT, I still think they are working towards Rytlock becoming the Khan-ur at some point.

I am very happy to see more who love the lore of this game as much as I do.

Lore is the mainreason for me to play this game ^^ I am always happy to see fantasygames that try more than peacefull elfs, human humans and bad orcs ID XD

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion