S: Make Legendary Armor an Outfit

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

FIRST OFF,

I am not saying they should make legendary armor an outfit for everyone to get, not at all. What I am suggesting is: the people who make the legendary armor (say the heavy set) also get the set as an outfit. So three different outfits in total, one for each weight class. There are times when I would love to have my heavy set on a medium class or a light set on my heavy, etc. It would be great if the people who make the legendary armor could get them as outfits as well.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No thanks.

Armor is armor for the sake of mix and match. If you want to wear the entirety of the set you have that option, let other have the same.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

yea how about no? Leave us atleast the few skins we get without the outfit cancer.

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

Gotta love people’s reading comprehension…
OP is saying that, IN ADDITION to the armor PIECES, you should ALSO, as in, PLUS, get an outfit of the set you made. So you get your armor PIECES but can ALSO wear your LEGENDARY armor that you have CRAFTED as an OUTFIT if you want. That is what he is suggesting.

It is not a bad suggestion.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

PlagueParade.7942

@Critwrench Yes that is exactly what I mean.

I think this would also make people want to go for it even more. Making a set of legendary armor will be a lot of work anyhow why not be able to let any class that you have wear the particular weight class armor set you made as an outfit? You can enjoy it all the more.

Basaltface.2786

OP is saying that, IN ADDITION to the armor PIECES, you should ALSO, as in, PLUS, get an outfit of the set you made. So you get your armor PIECES but can ALSO wear your LEGENDARY armor that you have CRAFTED as an OUTFIT if you want. That is what he is suggesting.

still dont care. Its an in game reward, keep these outfit cancer free or we may end up getting that stupid nonsence as rewards alltogether…

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

still dont care. Its an in game reward, keep these outfit cancer free or we may end up getting that stupid nonsence as rewards alltogether…

That’s a poor argument. I’m sure at this point they already have the armor designed. They could easily go back and make an outfit in addition to the armor. There’s no point making only an outfit when you have the armor done already.

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I would rather have the legendary armour work on all weight classes and have selectable runes and stats.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

To my understanding, the only reason you want it as an outfit because you want to show off on multiple chars without using the transmutation charges. If that is true, then Anet won’t make it as an outfit because they would want players to buy the charges on gem store, or spend time to get them from reward tracks

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

No, if you want to kitten-around on low level characters or other toons use them charges.

Andraus.3874

To my understanding, the only reason you want it as an outfit because you want to show off on multiple chars without using the transmutation charges. If that is true, then Anet won’t make it as an outfit because they would want players to buy the charges on gem store, or spend time to get them from reward tracks

No he wants it because you could then use the armor on more than 3 classes. Nothing to do with charges really

PlagueParade.7942

@ Andraus, yes this. Please read my post more closely. You get the armor when you make stat changes and all. PERIOD. IN ADDITION to this, make that LEGENDARY armor set you made into an outfit AS WELL. So you can enjoy it on more than 1 weight class. This is a lot of work for one legendary set. Why not be able to enjoy it on all your toons as an outfit as well. No matter the weight class.

I believe they talked about the legendary armor being the average cost of any other legendary. The difference between them though is the armor will be bound to the weight class. At least I believe they would make one legendary set of armor PER weight class (3). Why not get an outfit of the legendary armor weight class you made along with it? If I make the light legendary armor why not be able to enjoy it on my medium and heavy classes as an outfit as well?

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Then make all the Legendary Weapons skins usable by every proff too.
I would love to use the Predator on my Reaper, in the place of the scepter&horn.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Harper.6175

Harper.6175

I would rather have selectable runes than have it work on all weight classes.

Also I believe the outfit thing is not a good idea – I don’t want to have non-heavy armor users posing in heavy legendary armor.

Legendary armor should be * a choice* – you choose what armor class you want it on and you build that.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No thanks. We need to get away from the cancer that is outfits in this game.

The whole point of different armor weights is to distinguish the classes. We don’t need every class running around in heavy armor.

Outfits are designed to be hybrids that can fit any armor class, armor sets are not and as such wouldn’t work as outfits.

I just hope that you unlock all 3 armor weights when you finish the collection and not just one.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

FIRST OFF,

I am not saying they should make legendary armor an outfit for everyone to get, not at all. What I am suggesting is: the people who make the legendary armor (say the heavy set) also get the set as an outfit. So three different outfits in total, one for each weight class. There are times when I would love to have my heavy set on a medium class or a light set on my heavy, etc. It would be great if the people who make the legendary armor could get them as outfits as well.

Bad idea. As stated by another poster – if you want a similar look on other characters burn a transmutation charge. That’s why it’s there.

Andraus.3874

FIRST OFF,

Bad idea. As stated by another poster – if you want a similar look on other characters burn a transmutation charge. That’s why it’s there.

That won’t work if you have heavy legendary armor and want your ele to use it. This is the point of the thread…..lol

Ardid.7203

Why don’t just use… an Outfit? Why it has to be the Legendary armor?

Hawks

Basaltface.2786

Why don’t just use… an Outfit? Why it has to be the Legendary armor?

cause we dont have enough of those darn things just yet….

PlagueParade.7942

Because, you will have spent a lot of time and money making it. Why should you just enjoy using it on a single weight class? Our legendary weapons can be used on multiple weight classes, why not the armor as well (in this case with an outfit, mind you still have your legendary armor with the stat changes and such just you get an outfit of the same armor you made for your other toons to enjoy)? I personally would make all of them to enjoy.

@ Basaltface it seems to me that you just resent outfits altogether rather than the idea of legendary armor having an outfit version as well upon completion of making the armor. Yeah, GW2 does put out a lot of outfits and not enough armor but in this case I do not think it would be a bad thing. You would NEVER be able to buy these outfits in the gemstore nor be able to acquire them any other way other than making the legendary armor.

Ardid.7203

I still can’t use the Predator in my Reaper. They aren’t divided by weight, but that’s all. Not every prof can use every legendary.

While I don’t directly oppose being able to mix wheight armor skins, I think every step towards standarization of appereance between professions and characters is intrinsically nocive. The major culprits here are outfits, but wings and other similar items don’t help at all…

Hawks

Basaltface.2786

@ PlagueParade.

Yea you could say i resent them, in fact if it would be possible to physically hurt them id do so cause they ruin the amount of added skins for actual fashion wars and with that quite a lot of my playtime of gw2 so much. Just look at how many armor skins we get nowadays. But thats not my issue with legendary outfits. The issue is they said armor skins are in game rewards and for christs sake leave the in game rewards skins ONLY else we get flooded with that cancer even at the few rewards we do get. I can only speak for myself but i think if you earn your legendary armor then you should wear it as armor and NOT parade it arround as the defiled corpse of fashion wars. If the op cant bear to use skins then he just should slap one of the many outfit cancers over it and call it a day.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

wow you guys can READ!

I am impressed

/golfclap

But it would be nice if Legendary items were not bound to weapon type/Class IMHO.

Armor (maybe not as an outfit, as mix matching is important and we should not move away from that) – Any class can use any Legendary armor set as Skins only (induce Charges)

Weapons – 2h, Mh, Oh should be skinnable on any of those types. You want Twilight on your Ele instead of a stupid staff skin? Sure, why not?! After all every Class model is already modeled with every weapon type. So its doable with what we have in game now.

If they did that, Then I would do a few legendary’s. But IMHO, other then the skin, Legendary’s are just not worth it to me right now. Ascended fills the Gap.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

PlagueParade.7942

@ PlagueParade.

Yea you could say i resent them, in fact if it would be possible to physically hurt them id do so cause they ruin the amount of added skins for actual fashion wars and with that quite a lot of my playtime of gw2 so much. Just look at how many armor skins we get nowadays. But thats not my issue with legendary outfits. The issue is they said armor skins are in game rewards and for christs sake leave the in game rewards skins ONLY else we get flooded with that cancer even at the few rewards we do get. I can only speak for myself but i think if you earn your legendary armor then you should wear it as armor and NOT parade it arround as the defiled corpse of fashion wars. If the op cant bear to use skins then he just should slap one of the many outfit cancers over it and call it a day.

No, all my toons wear mix-match armor skins I prefer them over outfits for sure, though I have bought a few outfits as well when I want to mix it up.
But, in what way did I say you wouldn’t EARN the legendary armor? You do that period. There is no way, nor should there be, you should not be able to get legendary items (armor, weps, etc) any other way than earn them in game. You are still earning the legendary armor by doing Raids and crafting the legendary components and would be able to mix and match them with any other armor piece out there. Adding the outfit along with the armor set though is making it that much more enjoyable. So you can enjoy it on all your toons rather than the one weight class. I want to enjoy the armor I make on all of my toons. I want to make and probably most likely will make every legendary armor set they have. I would still like to enjoy them on any toon as an outfit as well as be able to mix and match the armor skin pieces to any other set as well. An outfit is just a way to enjoy it all classes not of that weight class. And yeah, you can’t mix-match an outfit but I am pretty sure most people will like the legendary armor set they make as is as well. I mean when I make that armor set I will wear it as is for awhile before I probably mix and match it. But it would be great to be able to enjoy it on all my toons and not just the one weight class.