[SPOILER] Last Boss way too broken

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ChaosCorpse.3046

ChaosCorpse.3046

I´ve had enough of this.
The last boss battle is way too broken. Why the hell should i fight this boss for 20-30 minutes just to get killed in the last air-phase by your kitten updrafts not working! WHY!
I have wasted 5 hours! 5 HOURS! on this broken boss now. Doing the whole instance multiple times. And it almost kills me the same way, every time.

If i knew the ending would kitten me off that much, i wouldnt have bought the expansion. Seriously. What a waste of my time and nerves. Why are your endbosses ,up till now, in such a buggy and crappy shape ArenaNet? No matter how good the expansion is, if the ending is kitten will forever leave a sour taste. Remember a game called Mass Effect 3? This is the best example there is to deliver. No matter how good the content is, it will always be judged by its ending.

I´ve had enough with this crap. I wont touch the game for a few days at least. Not until the boss is finally fixed.

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

Aaaw, because of a minor bug in last boss fight you wish you didnt buy the expansion at all.. I feel your pain, I’m here for you. Must be so horrible, such a waste of money..

On a serious note, only bug I encountered was when the floor where the rift was located, was gone. But just remember to look for that and if its gone, die and start over (will lose what, 10 sec that way?). Had no problem with updrafts, sure you did it right?

Also, I still liked the Mass effect ending, mostly because of the heartbreak of not being able to come back to Miranda and make babies :/

ChaosCorpse.3046

Stop that “aaaw” crap pls.

I wouldnt call it a minor bug if the content is not completable because of that said bug. And yes i did it right. Didnt read my post carefully, huh? I said it bugs out in the final air-phase. The other two work most of the time.
And what do you mean by i´d only lose 10 seconds? If i die i have to do the whole kitten fight again. Did you even do it? And then it bugs even more because the boss uses all of his abilities right from the beginning. (Jumps, Wind-Circle, Black Sphere, and all his other skills) Another “minor” bug of yours?

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

Spending all that time and effort just to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory because of a bug is not insignificant. I spent several hours yesterday trying to take him out both solo and with a group. Every attempt has failed from bugs. Even when we managed to defeat him, we still failed. Our party leader died in the final flight because of this glider bug, got stuck in the tree prison, and could not deliver the final blow.

Do I have buyers remorse? Certainly not! Up until this point I have had an absolute blast and once this issue is fixed I will continue having a blast. But when you have to fly to avoid a major ground attack, suddenly dropping out of the sky for no reason is not a “minor” bug. I certainly can empathize with the OP’s frustration.

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Aaaw, because of a minor bug in last boss fight you wish you didnt buy the expansion at all.. I feel your pain, I’m here for you. Must be so horrible, such a waste of money..

On a serious note, only bug I encountered was when the floor where the rift was located, was gone. But just remember to look for that and if its gone, die and start over (will lose what, 10 sec that way?). Had no problem with updrafts, sure you did it right?

Also, I still liked the Mass effect ending, mostly because of the heartbreak of not being able to come back to Miranda and make babies :/

Minor? Are you having a giggle? The bugs aren’t minor at all, they prevent you from killing the boss if the game decides to bug on you. I’d like to see you kill the boss with him spawning rifts in unreachable places.

Posted by: Yoru.2687

Yoru.2687

I don’t even get to the last phase because the rift for Caithe spawns in midair where I can reach it. I hope these things are fixed soon because I would really like to complete the story. I also think the boss is a bit of an HP sponge. It would be nice if its health could be lowered a bit for solo encounters because as it is now it takes ages and then it bugs and you cant even complete it. ~ apart from then that I’m loving HoT.

Commander Atila Noon [GDA]
Amber Wurm is best Wurm <3

MrH.2591

If bugs that prevent you from completing content are “minor” I’d be interested to hear what you’d consider major.

Valentine.4286

If bugs that prevent you from completing content are “minor” I’d be interested to hear what you’d consider major.

So considering I did complete it in my third try… Yes, minor

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I soloed the whole PS including the final boss. Found just gliding around the edges in a circle was good enough. If it’s really that bad, just grab a few people and finish it, someone will survive (and since they fixed the ending) you will complete your PS.

MrH.2591

Congrats on the game not bugging on you and allowing you to progress?

Valentine.4286

Congrats on the game not bugging on you and allowing you to progress?

Only proving your point invalid. Its indeed possible to complete it, so congrats on having to wait for bug fix?

ChaosCorpse.3046

His point is not invalid.
You got lucky, good for you. Me and many others didnt have this luck. This encounter can and will most of the time bug out horribly. I wouldnt say anything if i couldnt defeat him in 3 tries, 5 tries, hell not even at 10. But i have done this boss for many hours now and i couldnt beat him because the boss broke everytime one way or another.
That is a good reason for frustration.
And yes, of course we do have to wait for a bugfix. But when and if this problem will be adressed is not known.
For those who were able to beat him, congratulations. But dont look down on those who didnt have that much luck and are stuck with this frustrating situation.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Mine is bugged too. Updrafts didn’t work, and on the second attempt, the first rift spawned off the edge. I have a screenshot to prove it.

I personally can’t put more time into something that is very twitchy already for me (however much I actually enjoy it, my wrists and fingers are saying no, my brain wants all excess light to be turned off and thus my response time is now rather poor). I did, however, spend some time humming the Benny Hill music whilst kiting around. That was fun.

:/

Attachments:

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Valentine.4286

You got lucky, good for you. Me and many others didnt have this luck. This encounter can and will most of the time bug out horribly. I wouldnt say anything if i couldnt defeat him in 3 tries, 5 tries, hell not even at 10. But i have done this boss for many hours now and i couldnt beat him because the boss broke everytime one way or another.
And yes, of course we do have to wait for a bugfix. But when and if this problem will be adressed is not known.
For those who were able to beat him, congratulations. But dont look down on those who didnt have that much luck and are stuck with this frustrating situation.

Why is it that people get so sensitive when someone disagree with them? “Dont look down on those..” Who did that? I did not. I am however proof it is possible to do. Cant say its all luck if I do it in 3 times and you not even in 10. Somehow you trigger the bug by doing something differently from me. Like the story chapter 14, It was a spesific way one had to do to not make it bug when finding signs from Rox.
Sayin you regret buying the expac for this reason…

ChaosCorpse.3046

A random workaround is NOT a solution to the problem!

And i do regret the purchase atm because i belong to the fraction that plays games for their story.
I always liked the lore of Guild Wars. It was more interesting in the first generation but its not too bad now. They did improve alot in this expansion.
But to reward my main reason for this purchase with a frustrating, buggy mess – that is why i am so very angered right now.

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Why is it that people get so sensitive when someone disagree with them? “Dont look down on those..” Who did that? I did not. I am however proof it is possible to do. Cant say its all luck if I do it in 3 times and you not even in 10. Somehow you trigger the bug by doing something differently from me. Like the story chapter 14, It was a spesific way one had to do to not make it bug when finding signs from Rox.
Sayin you regret buying the expac for this reason…

Maybe because you came off like a complete tool? Maybe people “get so sensitive” when you completely insult their intelligence or mock them like they’re a child? you come off very poorly, so I’m not surprised people would be irritated at your comments.

You are “proof” that you didn’t run into a bug. congrats. That doesn’t change the fact that other people have run into a bug. Any bugs that keep people from completing content isn’t some minor deal. A “minor” bug would be something like your gold not properly displaying the correct amount or something like that, which doesn’t directly effect your gameplay.

Posted by: Nekres.1038

Nekres.1038

Add me and I solo him for you. I love this challenge and the fight http://www.twitch.tv/n3kr3s/v/22666299

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you spend 30 mins on the last boss u need to roll dmg gear. With full zerk it took me like 8 10 mins to finish it

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

anet so cruel :/

yea the rift spawned in an unreachable place for me too. took me many hours for the last boss too

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I´ve had enough of this.
The last boss battle is way too broken. Why the hell should i fight this boss for 20-30 minutes just to get killed in the last air-phase by your kitten updrafts not working! WHY!
I have wasted 5 hours! 5 HOURS! on this broken boss now. Doing the whole instance multiple times. And it almost kills me the same way, every time.

If i knew the ending would kitten me off that much, i wouldnt have bought the expansion. Seriously. What a waste of my time and nerves. Why are your endbosses ,up till now, in such a buggy and crappy shape ArenaNet? No matter how good the expansion is, if the ending is kitten will forever leave a sour taste. Remember a game called Mass Effect 3? This is the best example there is to deliver. No matter how good the content is, it will always be judged by its ending.

I´ve had enough with this crap. I wont touch the game for a few days at least. Not until the boss is finally fixed.

the boss is hard?
difficult?
challenging?!

YES. GOOD ENDING.

the ending should be somethign you fail often. like Arah exploration.

not something stupid easy and pathetic like Arah story

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

ChaosCorpse.3046

That is not the point for gods sake. Didnt you read the post you complain about now?

I didnt say it is too hard. I didnt complain about the mechanics at all. In fact, the mechanics are interesting and diverse. The problems are the countless bugs that occur. That has nothing to do with its difficulty.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

I´ve had enough of this.

the boss is hard?
difficult?
challenging?!

YES. GOOD ENDING.

the ending should be somethign you fail often. like Arah exploration.

not something stupid easy and pathetic like Arah story

Man that boss wasn’t hard , it just wasn’t a face roll. The only thing that stands between the players and success is the collection of crippling bugs that plague this boss.

I can say that I only beat the boss due to the luck of me being the only one in my party not getting the updraft bug and having the boss revert back to the phase I had to suicide on due to him not taking any damage after breaking his break bar.