Sanctum Scramble-why?

Sanctum Scramble-why?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

This adventure is just… awful. It’s frustratingly long, extremely lag sensitive, and has the glitchiest and most frustratingly designed terrain I’ve encountered in the whole game. While I can see gold being more possible than say, gold in rifle range, it’s also considerably less fun.

Before the chorus of “git gud”, I’d like to point out that the exploits used in every walkthrough available have been fixed, making the overall adventure considerably harder.

I’d love to bypass it. However, content that I want is gated behind masteries that force me to do adventures.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really like it so just goes to show. Terrain is perfect for what you need to do. Lag is not an issue for me so I can’t comment. Do I do it all the time, no, but when I do I enjoy it.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

you are not forced to do either all adventures or to get gold in any particular adventure. There are more than enough mastery points that you can skip some adventures altogether.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

you are not forced to do either all adventures or to get gold in any particular adventure. There are more than enough mastery points that you can skip some adventures altogether.

This, especially now with the added points in the new map and achievements. I only have gold in a few adventures and am maxed in everything but the raids, missing 3 and not missing getting shards since I can get them in central and have more than I use now anyway.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why do I see complaints like this still? Do a bit of calculating. You can get every single mastery point in the game, without doing most of the adventures to gold. It’s simply not necessary.

People say my masteries are gated behind shooting gallery or sanctum scramble, but this is factually wrong.

There are enough easy adventures you can get silver on, or even gold, get get all your mastery points.

I don’t have gold on most of my adventures, yet somehow I’m walking around with 170 mastery points.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

SolarDragon.7063

Why do I see complaints like this still? Do a bit of calculating. You can get every single mastery point in the game, without doing most of the adventures to gold. It’s simply not necessary.

People say my masteries are gated behind shooting gallery or sanctum scramble, but this is factually wrong.

There are enough easy adventures you can get silver on, or even gold, get get all your mastery points.

I don’t have gold on most of my adventures, yet somehow I’m walking around with 170 mastery points.

Okay, tell me where to get my MP’s. I have every VB adventure to at least silver. SS is the only AB I don’t have silver on. TD I’m in a similar position.

Shooting gallery at least is entertaining, although I have no idea how to upgrade my silver to a gold.

Sanctum scramble is just endless restarts because the game decided you clipped a corner or you bounced off an overhang or it refused to register your keypress or your foot wasn’t where the graphics said it was or…

(edited by SolarDragon.7063)

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Okay, tell me where to get my MP’s.

The new map added two. The new story added five. (total of 7 with the last release)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Not everyone wants to complete achievements just because of MP’s. Some people also would like their achievements all done. kittening Haywire and Scrap rifle…

Sanctum Scramble-why?

SolarDragon.7063

Not everyone wants to complete achievements just because of MP’s. Some people also would like their achievements all done. kittening Haywire and Scrap rifle…

I’m not THAT masochistic. I only enjoy being flayed, not flayed and cooked in lemon juice.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: NiffyinaJiffy.1532

NiffyinaJiffy.1532

I actually loved Sanctum Scramble, it’s 10x better than say Fallen Masks, the rifle one, or SCAR. My advice, if you’re having trouble with it, watch a video of a person getting gold, it’ll take a few tries but you’ll get it eventually. I’ve spent hours on Sanctum Scramble and many of the other adventures just because I needed the mastery points too. Unfortunately that’s the nature of the game. Personally I find the adventures fun little tidbits in the middle of boring repetitive events. But, to each their own. I can understand your frustration.

If you’re working on maxing out your masteries generally, I’ve found, doing the adventures is usually a quick and dirty way to get mastery points.

Thankfully the new zone adds a good number of mastery points and if you do the events in a lot of the zones you’ll be rewarded quite a few as well. Gl with the grind I guess.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: mari.6394

mari.6394

Okay, tell me where to get my MP’s. I have every VB adventure to at least silver. SS is the only AB I don’t have silver on. TD I’m in a similar position.

Shooting gallery at least is entertaining, although I have no idea how to upgrade my silver to a gold.

Sanctum scramble is just endless restarts because the game decided you clipped a corner or you bounced off an overhang or it refused to register your keypress or your foot wasn’t where the graphics said it was or…

I too would love to know the answer to this. I doubt I can get gold on any adventure given that I’m in Australia- I’ve spent days trying. And yes, SS is the worst for me too.

Sanctum Scramble-why?

Posted by: Mirage.6754

Mirage.6754

I will soon post a video of myself doing SS in this post; video’s processing. I have next to no latency, so it might not be the best for your needs (Sorry Australian guy!), but at least it could give you a way to get silver. My personal record using that method is 1:54:something, with gold being under 2:35; hopefully, the 40seconds are enough to get through despite lag. Add even more time for Silver.
Cheers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLnPG85-un0&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Mirage.6754)